Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
They said it would roll out to all devices over the next 5 days. It will likely be pushed to the device overnight, and we'll see it in the morning.

cenix

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope it doesnt screw with the phone and it's literally an unlock feature only. They messed up the last rollout with the galaxy s2 and ics so badly.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Forget Sprint, Samsung has already released source lol - Open Source Release Center

Edit: Well this is only the Source and needs to be compiled. Hopefully some devs find out about it :)

ljct.jpg

Last edited:

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
http://phandroid.com/2012/11/07/sprints-samsung-galaxy-note-2-software-update/

Sprint is on the ball. They were the first one to bring jellybean to the gs3 and now the first ones to bring the multi view/app feature to the American note 2.

Good job Sprint, keep it up!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Wait, Jellybean is available for the SIII? I got one for my wife a couple of weeks ago and did a manual search for updates on the phone and it found none.

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hesse should be an adjective...

"Now, I want you to reach into that bag, and pull out my wallet."

"Which wallet is it?"

"It's the one that says 'Hesse' on it..."

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's my theory. The update isn't 100% ready and it will start rolling out in 2-3 days.They wanted to beat the 14-day return policy date. This way, anyone who was on the fence about a return will wait.

I follow three Note 2 forums. No one has received the update yet even though it was announced last night.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's my theory. The update isn't 100% ready and it will start rolling out in 2-3 days.They wanted to beat the 14-day return policy date. This way, anyone who was on the fence about a return will wait.

I follow three Note 2 forums. No one has received the update yet even though it was announced last night.

While I like the theory and even agree with it, who in the world would be on the fence after owning it for a few days lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
All the companies wanna make money but so far sprint is the only carrier that cares about the customers also because they know loyal customers brings more customers and more cash

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

LonghornTreo

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree it might be a nice theory, but there is no way I'm returning my phone. So far this has been the cleanest out of the box experience I've ever had with an android phone. No big glitches, good battery life, fast, radio seems improved, etc. I haven't even felt the pull to look for custom ROMs.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Theory or not. If anyone bought this phone to then return it before the 14 days were up is nuts. This phone is not for everyone that i will agree to but for not putting out an update quickly. Sprint and Samsung have stepped up there update role outs and have listen to us the customers. If they say in the next five days then it will be out. Not every one with an android phone is on these forums. AC has over 1 million subscribers but There are almost 1 million if not more Android phones being activated daily.

Lornhorn is correct about this phone being the best out right now in-terms experience and clean. I have gone from the Insinct, Palm Pre, GS1, 2 and now this and Samsung and Sprint each time has been the bomb. Except for the Spen being very sensitive and marking or clicking things without touching the screen, this is the best phone ever!

Sorry for ranting omg whats this thread about, oh yea I have not received the update either, my phones died so powered off and charging. Hopefully it will be there when i power it back off. No one take offence to my post, it just words lol.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
While I like the theory and even agree with it, who in the world would be on the fence after owning it for a few days lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Whoa, whoa, slow down there little filly, I never implied that a sane person would consider returning the Note 2. :)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope it doesnt screw with the phone and it's literally an unlock feature only. They messed up the last rollout with the galaxy s2 and ics so badly.

Probably all of those issues were related to installing ICS on hardware designed for GB. This is just a service update and shouldn't cause the same raft of issues.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Update or no update my GN2 not going nowhere! This is hands down the best phone ive owned. My upgrade was up back in June 2011 but didn't see anything after the OG Evo so now yay! to Samsung. I have few friends abd few coworkers who are going to get the GN2 after seeing mine. Some of them will be coming from tge the iPhone lol.