Sprint rolling out update that brings the multi view feature

RoC1909

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for the update :( Been manually checking since the 7th with no luck. Sprint needs to hurry up & roll mine out. Not use to this. I am normally 1 of the 1st with an update on my past phones. I'm going crazy just waiting...lol.

Is it REALLY that important of an update? Or do you REALLY not have any patience? Sprint said it would take a week or so to get it rolled out, or you can do a manual update (which there are instructions for right on the first page).

News Flash: The world is not ending because you don't have multi-view or scrolling toggles.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to agree. I've been waiting since Oct. 25 just to buy the phone at Best Buy. I still need to wait another day and a half. So, my perspective is different of course since I'd be overjoyed to have the phone in my hands regardless. The multiview to me, is icing. I certainly want it, but I don't THINK I'm going to be checking for it every 5 minutes. There's so much this phone offers that I've never been able to do - mostly around the stylus - that I'm sure I'll have my hands full just playing with that. I'm also new to Touchwiz, so will need to familiarize myself with that as well. Also, since I've never had the video popout feature, let alone multiview, I'm not going to be missing it. I'll be excited to get it, but I think it's going to be a while before I'm so used to this phone that I'll be wanting some new enhancement to it. But of course, that's me. I guess others get used to new stuff much faster and/or have much higher expectations of getting everything asap, especially if someone else has been fortunate enough to get it already. :)

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You shouldbtry the manual update bu qbking. It is very simple and works well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, found a youtube video that showed. I could bring up the menu for it but was stuck.

I blame it on fuzzy brain after working 26 days straight of 10+ hour shifts. Finally done today!

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For those of you still waiting and too scared to do the manual method, try the other method I hinted at earlier and which has worked in past updates for most people.

Click menu, settings, application manager, click on the All tab, scroll down to Google system framework, click on it, delete the cache, force close it, reboot the phone and check again manually for the update. If it didn't work try it again.

No guarantees that it works but it's worth a shot. For those of you who are stock, and my method doesn't work, by all means try the manual update as shown in the post by qbking77 it really is easy to do, just make sure you have an sd card and that you save the update file on it and not the internal phone memory.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Sweet this worked for me!!!! Although I didn't reboot, just went back in and it had the date 12/31/69 or something like that..hit check and there it was. YES!!!! Thank you!!

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint must not like Dallas lol, as of this afternoon I could not get the update and I tried all the above recomentations but had to resort to manual update although I previously mentioned I would wait for the official OTA... working good so far!

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Is it REALLY that important of an update? Or do you REALLY not have any patience? Sprint said it would take a week or so to get it rolled out, or you can do a manual update (which there are instructions for right on the first page).

News Flash: The world is not ending because you don't have multi-view or scrolling toggles.

Not seeing a problem with people being eager to get an update.

NEWS FLASH: The world is not ending because people are posting about an update.

magesh

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Got the update. Reset the counter (Google svcs f/w reset > force stop > restart). Had to do this 3 times though. And it works. The Multi Window is useful & the extended toggles I was used to in SG3 is a welcome sight. Thx.

P.S: Google Wallet is not part of this update. :-(

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Got the update. Reset the counter (Google svcs f/w reset > force stop > restart). Had to do this 3 times though. And it works. The Multi Window is useful & the extended toggles I was used to in SG3 is a welcome sight. Thx.

P.S: Google Wallet is not part of this update. :-(

I had to do like 4 or 5 times.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol y'all know all the time u spent resetting this and that u could've downloaded the update and did it manually not to mention faster and not risking messing something up. U don't even need a home computer

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol y'all know all the time u spent resetting this and that u could've downloaded the update and did it manually not to mention faster and not risking messing something up. U don't even need a home computer

Yes. But I didn't want to update with a download from the Internet. I wanted to use the official OTA.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That is the official ota just not ota lol its the official build just like u accepted the update ota

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
That is the official ota just not ota lol its the official build just like u accepted the update ota

So says a random person on the internet. ;)

I'm sure there was nothing wrong with the download and it was the official OTA. I just don't download OTAs from outside sources. I also don't do roms and outside downloads on my daily driver. Those I save for my tablets that I goof off with.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So when is the s3 getting multi view? I seem to remember several Samsung commercials that showed the s3 using multi view.

It seems really nice, I may even go back to stock if we ever get it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So says a random person on the internet. ;)

I'm sure there was nothing wrong with the download and it was the official OTA. I just don't download OTAs from outside sources. I also don't do roms and outside downloads on my daily driver. Those I save for my tablets that I goof off with.

Um if it will flash in stock recovery, that means it is signed with sprint/Samsung keys. Meaning it IS the ota, no one can duplicate a manufacturers/carriers signature keys. They are never made public.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis