Code 34 Error

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
My (Sprint) Note II is continuously giving me the following when I attempt to send an SMS:

?Code 34: Error. Message not sent. Network not responding. Message saved. Please try again later.?

A few observations:

At my office, my phone shows 4 bars reception 4GLTE, with 8,933 download/3,539 upload speeds - My phone is receiving a decent 4G signal.

My colleague who is on Sprint and sits 12 feet from me is not encountering any such error message ? This doesn?t appear to be a temporary tower issue.

This error is occurring sitting at my desk in the same location I used my Evo 4G for two years without issue, but also occurs in other locations at random throughout both the work campus and my home, which I did not encounter before with my Evo 4G.

My wife activated her Note II on Monday as well, works in area with poor signal strength, yet has not received this error code once in all her texting.

I've tried updating the PRL as well as profile, but this had not helped.

Stock Rom

With all of the above, I fear that I have received a lemon of a $300.00 on contract phone.

Should I exchange it for a new one while I'm within the 14 day window? Does this usually go smoothly (ie brand new phone no hassle), or does it turn into a big ordeal where they try to fix it, make it worse, then try to offer me a refurb, despite being within14 day window?

Any advise on what my first step should be to try and trouble shoot and or replace in order resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

sir6string93

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problems with my sphl900. Happened to me today many times. I have texted in this basement with an old evo shift for a very long time and I get this phone and it happens all the time. Can't stand it. Also my unlock pattern glitches 9 out of ten times ( refer to my post "glitches" under sprint note 2 ) Quite a few problems with mine.

Hoping mine is not a lemon either.

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I usually have this error happen to me around a month after every time I get a new phone. A quick phone call to sprint (*2 from the phone) and they send a "radio update" that seems to fix everything. It usually involves an error of communication between sprint's towers and the phone and I don't really know too much details other than I can't send or receive any texts until I call them. Hope that helps!

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Had this issue when I first got my Note called customer service 3 times before I finnally got a rep that knew how to fix it.....she reset and changed the internal phone and no problems since.

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses thus far.

I'm (still) awaiting response from a corp account contact, but will likely either be going to my local Sprint store tonight or tomorrow eve or hitting *2.

What's odd is I had the issue Monday night, all day Tuesday and Wednesday, but now today in the same environment I haven't seen it at all. But... I don't want to let it go and then 14 days it rear its ugly head again.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses thus far.

I'm (still) awaiting response from a corp account contact, but will likely either be going to my local Sprint store tonight or tomorrow eve or hitting *2.

What's odd is I had the issue Monday night, all day Tuesday and Wednesday, but now today in the same environment I haven't seen it at all. But... I don't want to let it go and then 14 days it rear its ugly head again.

Been almost 2 weeks and now more problems at all the number that needs to be changed is the min number under settings/about device/status

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Been almost 2 weeks and now more problems at all the number that needs to be changed is the min number under settings/about device/status

Hi Vel,

Thanks for that. Just to make sure I follow , are you saying no more problems (for almost 2 weeks)?

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that my phone is switching between 4G and 3G at the moment I'm sending my text? Seems unlikely but I just had another error and noticed that where my phone was in 4G before, after the error I noticed it had changed to 3G...

Crazyfist

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a provisioning problem. If they screw up during auto activation then you may have to correct some info....

From my Note II on Sprint using ACF

mattvalenz

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm a Sprint Product Ambassador and am here to help. Are you still having this issue or has it gone away? Have you tried doing an update profile from settings>about phone to see if it clears the issue?

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
This issue is back with a vengeance...

To answer Matt's question, I did try updating the profile under settings, and I also attempted updating the PRL. Neither of these solved the problem.

It bears repeating...

This error is occuring while at my desk where I had not had any issues with my OG Evo4G for over two years.

This issue is not occuring with my colleague who is on Sprint and sits 12 feet from me, with whom I can walk to their desk after getting an error34, they send a test text without issue, I try again and it fails.

This issue is occuring despite my phone showing 4 bars in 4G.

After my initial posts a while back, I decided to exchange the phone since it was within my 14 day window. I was met with some resistance at one store, but ultimately was able to exchange at another store without issue (and avoid the awful Sprint experience Billjr106 encountered).

For the past couple of weeks my replacement phone has been free of this error. Now it is back. Same as before, I have 4 bars in 4G, yet I cannot send texts and cannot make phone calls. Updating the profile and PRL does not help.

This is very frustrating....

fenixguy

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have an airave this could be the problem. A way to verify if your connected to your airave (or someone else's) is to dial *99 from your device.

cokl

May 8, 2013
Visit site
i was having a similar problem with my brand new galaxy s4. i called sprint customer service and the helpful woman had me type in ##77xxx# (the x's were actually numbers but i dont think you should be doing it without talking with sprint first) she said that it was because my phone was brand new it needed some extra attention to get on the airave properly. now it works just fine. thanks mystery lady from sprint who was very sweet, you made my night!

JEGLE

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue in the Chicago area. Zip 60446.

Sometimes my calls stay in the "dialing" state and have to reboot to correct.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

melgean2684

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi I had same problem if you have an air rave it was the air rave network not sprint tower they fixed it quick air rave customer service 1866-556-7310

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay