S-Voice

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, i haven't used it much but was just able to successfully add an appointment using s voice.

I'm using business calendar widget. My Gmail calendar syncs are turned off, so it's only saving to my phone and not syncing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, i haven't used it much but was just able to successfully add an appointment using s voice.

I'm using business calendar widget. My Gmail calendar syncs are turned off, so it's only saving to my phone and not syncing.

Thank you for checking. I will try your method and see what results I get. At this point I'll take anything.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If it's working for me, and two phones have failed for you, in my humble opinion, it's got to be a setting. DAS and I have compared our calendar settings, our S-Voice settings. Can anyone think of another setting that could be interfering with the Save? DAS, if I remember right, even pressing the option Save doesn't work, not just the voice command Save?

S Voice fails to add calendar appointment - xda-developers Here's the thread on xda with two Galaxy S3 owners having the same problem.

(still love your avatar!)

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Here are my settings

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353810887403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353810887403.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353810911696.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353810911696.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 13
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353810944318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353810944318.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My settings are identical to AnnDroid, with one exception. I do have the 'hide offensive words' option checked ;)

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, if you press Save, does it work? So far, all I've asked it was "Schedule an appointment for [day of the week] at [time]." I haven't asked it to Schedule an appointment with President Obama in the WhiteHouse at 2pm."

Do you have WiFi/data connection at the time? Doesn't make sense that you can remove an appointment. btw, how do you do that?

Also, can you get S Voice to wake up with your command? I can't get Google Now or S Voice to do this and it would be ssooo slick!

Dont know bout anyone else, but I can wake S Voice up 99% of the time with my command........so I say thats very good. As for google now, I cant even get to the settings to enable the google command. But from what I seen on YouTube, you can only use the google command to wake it up on the first page. After that, its back to pressin on the mic.

Has anyone tried doing a reminder with S Voice. I tried a reminder for taking out the trash. It works well, but all it does is announce "take out the trash" only once. After that I can see an icon on the notification bar. Does anyone know how to make the reminder repeat more than once???

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I know what the problem is. It has to do with Kies Air thing that they put on the phone and that you cannot remove. It apparently has its own calendar called My Calendar and it interferes with the Google Calendar. I went into Calendar-Settings-Calendars-unticked My calendar (which is the Kies Air calendar) and made sure that everything else was checked. I then tried using the S Voice and when the bubble comes up that asks if you want to save it say SAVE not yes. It put it on my calendar on the phone and when I went to my Google calendar it popped up there.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think I know what the problem is. It has to do with Kies Air thing that they put on the phone and that you cannot remove. It apparently has its own calendar called My Calendar and it interferes with the Google Calendar. I went into Calendar-Settings-Calendars-unticked My calendar (which is the Kies Air calendar) and made sure that everything else was checked. I then tried using the S Voice and when the bubble comes up that asks if you want to save it say SAVE not yes. It put it on my calendar on the phone and when I went to my Google calendar it popped up there.

Thank you for responding. I will give that a try and see what results I get. This thing has me baffled.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have My Calendars checked and my phone permits Save. However, you may be onto something. I have never updated my Kies Air (when I go into Google Play, it's listed in the Manual updates and will sit there forever).

DAS, if you did do the update for Kies Air, can you uninstall the updates? I know we can't uninstall the app, but it will permit you to uninstall all updates.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s3, have done a soft reset and hard reset, done everything with the calendars and still will not work. If I go I to the app and clear the cache, it works for a little while, but the fault returns again ... Have no idea why it does this

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s3, have done a soft reset and hard reset, done everything with the calendars and still will not work. If I go I to the app and clear the cache, it works for a little while, but the fault returns again ... Have no idea why it does this

I have tried everything, and I cannot get it to work. Sprint even replaced my phone and the problem showed up again on the new device?

AnnDroid and others have worked so hard to help me, but it still doesn't work. Tomorrow I am suppose to take the phone into a Sprint store but honestly I don't think it will do any good.

I plan on just contacting Samsung again to see what they can offer.

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is probably non related but I just looked at my settings, I'm on AT&T FWIW, and I don't have an on/off toggle for control apps? I can tap control apps and get the options for incoming calls, alarm, camera and music. Other than that, my settings look the same minus the fact that I have wake up in lock screen unchecked.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I have Kies and the Kies update. But I don't use Kies.

Hmm. Baffling.

I just performed the Kies Air update, which was about 9mb, but afterwards the problem remained? Part of me wants to give up, but I keep thinking there has to be an answer.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is probably non related but I just looked at my settings, I'm on AT&T FWIW, and I don't have an on/off toggle for control apps? I can tap control apps and get the options for incoming calls, alarm, camera and music. Other than that, my settings look the same minus the fact that I have wake up in lock screen unchecked.

Are you able to schedule appointments using s - voice?

davela72

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to schedule appointments using s - voice?

Yes, I tried it both ways when it asked if I wanted to save. I tried "yes" and also "save" and it saved both of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Today is another day, and I will be working with Samsung and Sprint again seeking a solution.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for checking. I will try your method and see what results I get. At this point I'll take anything.

DAS, did you try this. Hopefulfarm and I have sync turned off.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
DAS, did you try this. Hopefulfarm and I have sync turned off.

Yes, I did. I turned off the sync of every Google and Yahoo account (although I only sync my personal and work Google calendars) . In fact, I even uninstalled them all together and just left the native calendar app active. I also tried to bypass the native calendar and installed the official Google Calendar, but again no success.

I have an appointment with the corporate store this morning, and I'll report back what happens. I'm not expecting much, but I remain cautiously optimistic

:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech