01-10-2013 08:14 PM
126 1234 ...
tools
    Don't forget that best buy has the best insurance for the note 2. It's either 9.99 a month or $169.99 for 2 years with no deductible and unlimited claims. Sprint is now $11 for the note plus a $200 deductible. Square trade is only $120 I think but they have a $99 deductible plus a limit on claims I think. Plus with best buy you can go into any store including bb mobile and they will also give you a loaner phone if you need it. I cancelled my sprint insurance immediately.
    I definitely am going to buy the 2 year plan for $170, I too think its better than with Sprint. I flat out asked them about rooting the phone, because I just can't help myself. I asked if that voids the warranty. She told me that while Samsung might not like it and could void any warranty there, what that might be I don't know, with BB, they don't care if it is rooted, they still honor the warranty. Be sure you understand that when you turn in your N2 for repair, you don't get your original phone back, she told me. They ship you a same refurb, not a new phone. The loaner phone is available with a $50 refundable deposit if you return it in same condition.

So later today I suspect I will go in and get the N2 and if I keep it (can't imagine not, I'll make that decision by the end of the weekend), I will go back in and attach the warranty. Also, I figure that getting it today covers through the end of December for further price matching, just in case there are any more sales before and right after Christmas.
    11-30-2012 09:08 AM
    I definitely am going to buy the 2 year plan for $170, I too think its better than with Sprint. I flat out asked them about rooting the phone, because I just can't help myself. I asked if that voids the warranty. She told me that while Samsung might not like it and could void any warranty there, what that might be I don't know, with BB, they don't care if it is rooted, they still honor the warranty. Be sure you understand that when you turn in your N2 for repair, you don't get your original phone back, she told me. They ship you a same refurb, not a new phone. The loaner phone is available with a $50 refundable deposit if you return it in same condition.

So later today I suspect I will go in and get the N2 and if I keep it (can't imagine not, I'll make that decision by the end of the weekend), I will go back in and attach the warranty. Also, I figure that getting it today covers through the end of December for further price matching, just in case there are any more sales before and right after Christmas.
    I just went back and got the warranty. Just under my 15 days. Hopefully before my 30 days the price drops. Their really good about price matching plus for the holidays they are matching online retailers.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    11-30-2012 11:48 PM
    Another Best Buy price match success story here. I asked if they price matched Amazon , the sales associate asked how much I saw it for and I told her 224.99, she asked a passing manager if she could do it and he said sure without batting an eye and kept moving. I also had Buy Back for my original Evo 4g which they gave me $120 for (I wasn't expecting that much). Good deal! Looking forward to playing with my new toy.
    12-02-2012 09:51 PM
    Another Best Buy price match success story here. I asked if they price matched Amazon , the sales associate asked how much I saw it for and I told her 224.99, she asked a passing manager if she could do it and he said sure without batting an eye and kept moving. I also had Buy Back for my original Evo 4g which they gave me $120 for (I wasn't expecting that much). Good deal! Looking forward to playing with my new toy.
    They gave you $120 for the evo 4g? Do you have copy of the receipt? I wonder if they would take my evo 3d for more.

12-03-2012 06:40 PM
    They gave you $120 for the evo 4g? Do you have copy of the receipt? I wonder if they would take my evo 3d for more.

Yes, for the original 4g. I was shocked. I did have my original receipt.
    12-03-2012 08:35 PM
    I guess I'm calling best buy tomorrow to see what they'll say. I don't mind getting gift card since I already got my phone.

12-03-2012 10:39 PM
    Wow so they gave you 120 for your original OG 4g evo?
    I have mine right now, rooted with a 32gb card in it.

When you turned it in, do you have to have the charger and the whole thing?

I would like the note2 or the gsIII, Sprint will be doing the whole b1g1 deal very soon, but I only need one phone.

If I could get 120 for my evo, and put it toward the insurance plan that bb has.....that would be great.
    12-05-2012 12:00 PM
    Wow so they gave you 120 for your original OG 4g evo?
    I have mine right now, rooted with a 32gb card in it.

When you turned it in, do you have to have the charger and the whole thing?

I would like the note2 or the gsIII, Sprint will be doing the whole b1g1 deal very soon, but I only need one phone.
    I had looked at the Buy Back brochure I had in my records before I went in and it said you needed your phone and any accessories that originally came with it along with your receipt showing you were part of the BuyBack program.

If I could get 120 for my evo, and put it toward the insurance plan that bb has.....that would be great.
    12-05-2012 03:52 PM
    Um Melissa did you reply or did I miss something? lol
    12-05-2012 07:27 PM
    Compare your original post line by line to her quote, she mistakenly included her response inside the quoted area.
    coachpelkey likes this.
    12-05-2012 08:28 PM
    I Got my Note 2 last week at Best Buy for $199 they matched the $100 gift card deal Walmart had and just took $100 of the price.
    coachpelkey likes this.
    12-06-2012 05:26 AM
    I Got my Note 2 last week at Best Buy for $199 they matched the $100 gift card deal Walmart had and just took $100 of the price.
    Wow! I never would have expected they would do that, nice! I get mine delivered tomorrow, ordered it (titanium, why I ordered it, no BB has it in stock) from bestbuy.com inside their store, and the manager committed to price match to $225 when I bring it in to activate it. But you got me beat!
    coachpelkey likes this.
    12-06-2012 08:40 AM
    I can believe it. They matched a $50 offer sprint sent me in an email for renewing my contract and they applied the $50 gift card towards the phone also. Now I'm just waiting for the note 2 to go down under $250 before my 30 days so they can price match it even lower. But things aren't looking good for that to happen. Oh well.

12-06-2012 07:22 PM
    I just got my note 2 from bb and the girl was going to price match Amazon for $239.99. I told her I saw for $224.99 and she said that's not a problem and matched it. I also had $200 in gift certificates. $25 for a note 2... Not bad

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    12-06-2012 10:01 PM
    Don't forget that best buy has the best insurance for the note 2. It's either 9.99 a month or $169.99 for 2 years with no deductible and unlimited claims. Sprint is now $11 for the note plus a $200 deductible. Square trade is only $120 I think but they have a $99 deductible plus a limit on claims I think. Plus with best buy you can go into any store including bb mobile and they will also give you a loaner phone if you need it. I cancelled my sprint insurance immediately.

Does Best Buy's coverage also cover lost or stolen phones? That's the key with Sprint's Asurion coverage. Most warranties will take care of you if the phone is broken, water damaged, etc - but you have to have the phone. If you've lost it or someone ganked it from you, then you're SOL. So I'm genuinely curious as their warranty sounds great.
    12-07-2012 12:50 PM
    I compared the two recently and I could not find that with best buys warranty. Stuck with sprints. Also the deductible seemed to be much higher with best buy

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis
    12-07-2012 12:56 PM
    Does Best Buy's coverage also cover lost or stolen phones? That's the key with Sprint's Asurion coverage. Most warranties will take care of you if the phone is broken, water damaged, etc - but you have to have the phone. If you've lost it or someone ganked it from you, then you're SOL. So I'm genuinely curious as their warranty sounds great.
    Best buy does not cover loss or theft. That's probably why they don't have a deductible. I guess that's why you have to gauge which you would want. I've never lost a phone plus I have the lost and found programs in my phone. One is from geek squad that takes a picture using the phones both cameras. So far it's the fastest one when I tested it plus it's completely free compared to lookout.

12-07-2012 06:07 PM
    AT&T gave me 30 days to purchase one based on the $199.00 Amazon add during Cyber Week. Still haven't decided if I'm going to stepup from my S3. They only matched it because of the length of time i've had the service.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums
    12-07-2012 06:28 PM
    Yep, sorry about that. I didn't realize that my reply didn't go below the quote until too late. Tried to edit it, but kept losing my wifi at work.

The brochure from the best buy buy back program does specify that you need to turn in any accessories that originally came with the phone.
    12-07-2012 10:16 PM
    Amazon wireless has the Sprint Note 2 for $149.99 for new customers... AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G Android Phone, Titanium (Sprint)
    12-07-2012 11:04 PM
    HOLY $#@%!!!!! Heading to Best Buy to get my 2nd price match!!!!! $149!!!! Amazing.
    12-09-2012 09:17 AM
    Price Match-uploadfromtaptalk1355070871968.jpg

149.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-09-2012 10:41 AM
    HOLY $#@%!!!!! Heading to Best Buy to get my 2nd price match!!!!! $149!!!! Amazing.
    Did you upgrade or are you a new sprint customer?

12-09-2012 11:39 AM
    Upgrade. Honestly I think I could have said 99.00 and they would have matched it. No one seemed that interested

12-09-2012 12:26 PM
    As an team lead in a Best Buy Mobile, we do not charge any deductible on any phones purchased with the Geek Squad Protection Plan. We will swap out your phone with a refurbished phone within a few days depending on what model of phone you purchased. Newer phones will and can take a few weeks (note 2, gs3, rotten fruits, Optimus) to receive a different phone. We can also if you choose too, send your phone for repairs, which will also take time. With the GSP, we offer our geek squad app which has locked and found, which is an app that allows you to lock and wipe your phone from any computer. It also allows you to snap an incognito photo from front camera and gps track your phone and sound an alarm that can be turned off with a custom pin number. I challenge anyone to find and protection plan that is better and gives loaner phones without deductibles for any damage caused.

hotLZ and txfarmboy like this.
    12-10-2012 12:45 AM
126 1234 ...