Price Match

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello, realrude, I was curious was the note that you got a contract renewal etc?
I am up for a renewal, did not take advantage of the 50.00 gsIII and was hoping to get maybe the note for the same price, how did you get that?
Thanks!

The 225 is for new line, its 250 for renewal. The 50 dollars your talking about, is that for the best buy promotion from earlier this year? I just got my note 2 and they put the 50 towards my phone plus they matched an email I got from sprint that took another 50 off the phone. I'm waiting for it to go down again on amazon so I can get price difference before my 30 days are up.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up mine from best buy mobile for $224.99, which is the Amazon price they matched. I upgraded but they gave me the same price as a new line.

I'm also a sprint employee... And it was cheaper to purchase from best buy than sprint.

They only have white but I might switch to titanium in the next 60 days (premier silver member)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
(premier silver member)

What is that?

I went in to BB tonight, got them to fill out their order document, checked my daughter's line, its due an upgrade, and they price matched Amazon @ $224.99 also. I will go back in their tomorrow morning and buy the phone.

Wish the 32 GB was out, but the 16 will have to do, can't wait.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
What is that?

I went in to BB tonight, got them to fill out their order document, checked my daughter's line, its due an upgrade, and they price matched Amazon @ $224.99 also. I will go back in their tomorrow morning and buy the phone.

Wish the 32 GB was out, but the 16 will have to do, can't wait.

Premier silver is the rewards program from best buy. You get perks like extended returns, sneak previews of sales, and of course cash rewards that can be used at best buy towards purchases. It's free but for the premier you have to make purchases a certain amount a year, I think 1200 or 2500, don't remember. Premier also gives you access to black Friday before anyone else.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that best buy has the best insurance for the note 2. It's either 9.99 a month or $169.99 for 2 years with no deductible and unlimited claims. Sprint is now $11 for the note plus a $200 deductible. Square trade is only $120 I think but they have a $99 deductible plus a limit on claims I think. Plus with best buy you can go into any store including bb mobile and they will also give you a loaner phone if you need it. I cancelled my sprint insurance immediately.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that best buy has the best insurance for the note 2. It's either 9.99 a month or $169.99 for 2 years with no deductible and unlimited claims. Sprint is now $11 for the note plus a $200 deductible. Square trade is only $120 I think but they have a $99 deductible plus a limit on claims I think. Plus with best buy you can go into any store including bb mobile and they will also give you a loaner phone if you need it. I cancelled my sprint insurance immediately.

I definitely am going to buy the 2 year plan for $170, I too think its better than with Sprint. I flat out asked them about rooting the phone, because I just can't help myself. I asked if that voids the warranty. She told me that while Samsung might not like it and could void any warranty there, what that might be I don't know, with BB, they don't care if it is rooted, they still honor the warranty. Be sure you understand that when you turn in your N2 for repair, you don't get your original phone back, she told me. They ship you a same refurb, not a new phone. The loaner phone is available with a $50 refundable deposit if you return it in same condition.

So later today I suspect I will go in and get the N2 and if I keep it (can't imagine not, I'll make that decision by the end of the weekend), I will go back in and attach the warranty. Also, I figure that getting it today covers through the end of December for further price matching, just in case there are any more sales before and right after Christmas.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I definitely am going to buy the 2 year plan for $170, I too think its better than with Sprint. I flat out asked them about rooting the phone, because I just can't help myself. I asked if that voids the warranty. She told me that while Samsung might not like it and could void any warranty there, what that might be I don't know, with BB, they don't care if it is rooted, they still honor the warranty. Be sure you understand that when you turn in your N2 for repair, you don't get your original phone back, she told me. They ship you a same refurb, not a new phone. The loaner phone is available with a $50 refundable deposit if you return it in same condition.

So later today I suspect I will go in and get the N2 and if I keep it (can't imagine not, I'll make that decision by the end of the weekend), I will go back in and attach the warranty. Also, I figure that getting it today covers through the end of December for further price matching, just in case there are any more sales before and right after Christmas.

I just went back and got the warranty. Just under my 15 days. Hopefully before my 30 days the price drops. Their really good about price matching plus for the holidays they are matching online retailers.

MelissaH

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Another Best Buy price match success story here. I asked if they price matched Amazon , the sales associate asked how much I saw it for and I told her 224.99, she asked a passing manager if she could do it and he said sure without batting an eye and kept moving. I also had Buy Back for my original Evo 4g which they gave me $120 for (I wasn't expecting that much). Good deal! Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Another Best Buy price match success story here. I asked if they price matched Amazon , the sales associate asked how much I saw it for and I told her 224.99, she asked a passing manager if she could do it and he said sure without batting an eye and kept moving. I also had Buy Back for my original Evo 4g which they gave me $120 for (I wasn't expecting that much). Good deal! Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

They gave you $120 for the evo 4g? Do you have copy of the receipt? I wonder if they would take my evo 3d for more.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm calling best buy tomorrow to see what they'll say. I don't mind getting gift card since I already got my phone.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow so they gave you 120 for your original OG 4g evo?
I have mine right now, rooted with a 32gb card in it.

When you turned it in, do you have to have the charger and the whole thing?

I would like the note2 or the gsIII, Sprint will be doing the whole b1g1 deal very soon, but I only need one phone.

If I could get 120 for my evo, and put it toward the insurance plan that bb has.....that would be great.

MelissaH

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow so they gave you 120 for your original OG 4g evo?
I have mine right now, rooted with a 32gb card in it.

When you turned it in, do you have to have the charger and the whole thing?

I would like the note2 or the gsIII, Sprint will be doing the whole b1g1 deal very soon, but I only need one phone.
I had looked at the Buy Back brochure I had in my records before I went in and it said you needed your phone and any accessories that originally came with it along with your receipt showing you were part of the BuyBack program.

If I could get 120 for my evo, and put it toward the insurance plan that bb has.....that would be great.

RSPC

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I Got my Note 2 last week at Best Buy for $199 they matched the $100 gift card deal Walmart had and just took $100 of the price.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I Got my Note 2 last week at Best Buy for $199 they matched the $100 gift card deal Walmart had and just took $100 of the price.

Wow! I never would have expected they would do that, nice! I get mine delivered tomorrow, ordered it (titanium, why I ordered it, no BB has it in stock) from bestbuy.com inside their store, and the manager committed to price match to $225 when I bring it in to activate it. But you got me beat!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I can believe it. They matched a $50 offer sprint sent me in an email for renewing my contract and they applied the $50 gift card towards the phone also. Now I'm just waiting for the note 2 to go down under $250 before my 30 days so they can price match it even lower. But things aren't looking good for that to happen. Oh well.

cooper010

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my note 2 from bb and the girl was going to price match Amazon for $239.99. I told her I saw for $224.99 and she said that's not a problem and matched it. I also had $200 in gift certificates. $25 for a note 2... Not bad

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

BlueDaNoob

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Does Best Buy's coverage also cover lost or stolen phones? That's the key with Sprint's Asurion coverage. Most warranties will take care of you if the phone is broken, water damaged, etc - but you have to have the phone. If you've lost it or someone ganked it from you, then you're SOL. So I'm genuinely curious as their warranty sounds great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance