Price Match

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I compared the two recently and I could not find that with best buys warranty. Stuck with sprints. Also the deductible seemed to be much higher with best buy

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Does Best Buy's coverage also cover lost or stolen phones? That's the key with Sprint's Asurion coverage. Most warranties will take care of you if the phone is broken, water damaged, etc - but you have to have the phone. If you've lost it or someone ganked it from you, then you're SOL. So I'm genuinely curious as their warranty sounds great.

Best buy does not cover loss or theft. That's probably why they don't have a deductible. I guess that's why you have to gauge which you would want. I've never lost a phone plus I have the lost and found programs in my phone. One is from geek squad that takes a picture using the phones both cameras. So far it's the fastest one when I tested it plus it's completely free compared to lookout.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jblaze38

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T gave me 30 days to purchase one based on the $199.00 Amazon add during Cyber Week. Still haven't decided if I'm going to stepup from my S3. They only matched it because of the length of time i've had the service.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

MelissaH

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Um Melissa did you reply or did I miss something? lol

Yep, sorry about that. I didn't realize that my reply didn't go below the quote until too late. Tried to edit it, but kept losing my wifi at work.

The brochure from the best buy buy back program does specify that you need to turn in any accessories that originally came with the phone.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade. Honestly I think I could have said 99.00 and they would have matched it. No one seemed that interested

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

dvs1j#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
As an team lead in a Best Buy Mobile, we do not charge any deductible on any phones purchased with the Geek Squad Protection Plan. We will swap out your phone with a refurbished phone within a few days depending on what model of phone you purchased. Newer phones will and can take a few weeks (note 2, gs3, rotten fruits, Optimus) to receive a different phone. We can also if you choose too, send your phone for repairs, which will also take time. With the GSP, we offer our geek squad app which has locked and found, which is an app that allows you to lock and wipe your phone from any computer. It also allows you to snap an incognito photo from front camera and gps track your phone and sound an alarm that can be turned off with a custom pin number. I challenge anyone to find and protection plan that is better and gives loaner phones without deductibles for any damage caused.

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
As an team lead in a Best Buy Mobile, we do not charge any deductible on any phones purchased with the Geek Squad Protection Plan. We will swap out your phone with a refurbished phone within a few days depending on what model of phone you purchased. Newer phones will and can take a few weeks (note 2, gs3, rotten fruits, Optimus) to receive a different phone. We can also if you choose too, send your phone for repairs, which will also take time. With the GSP, we offer our geek squad app which has locked and found, which is an app that allows you to lock and wipe your phone from any computer. It also allows you to snap an incognito photo from front camera and gps track your phone and sound an alarm that can be turned off with a custom pin number. I challenge anyone to find and protection plan that is better and gives loaner phones without deductibles for any damage caused.

You must have the wrong thread.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Question on your picture that was listed @ 149.99
Did you have an "upgrade" or new line of service?
I am tempted to go into BB saying the note is 149.99 on amazon wireless, some people said they dont price match Sprint, especially since I need to upgrade my phone...

Any luck on what to say would be helpful.

View attachment 50368

149.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if I could use the Amazon $149 Sprint price match to get the Note 2 on AT&T new service at BB

I wouldn't expect it given that these are separate products with separate model numbers. They are even different hardware-wise, the ATT one has a SIMM slot whereas the Sprint one has an embedded SIMM card that you can't replace.

That being said, I believe it's still possible, just not likely. The reason is that I think BB reps have somewhat a wide lattitude as to what to accept. There are some BB reps who come here and they might be able to confirm, but it seems it's somewhat flexible. When I went to get my Sprint Note 2, there were a few online stores that were offering it for $250, so I did a price match with them. The store that I used specifically was Circuitcity.com, which I guess is an entity that bought Circuit City's name and sells only online. When I mentioned it to the rep, he had no idea that such a store existed (and to be honest neither did I until that week!), but he just accepted my word for it without saying he needed to go check the site. I had printed out a copy of the webpage from circuitcity.com, but never showed it to him because he just said ok without needing any confirmation. That could have been because it was only a difference of $50 and price matching where the difference is $100 or $150 would require much more careful scrutiny, I don't know. Or it could just be that the guy liked/trusted me and plus I'm a rewardzone silver premier member, so maybe he thought it was not worth trying to nickel and dime me and risk pissing off a loyal customer? Who knows.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It's great that bb is matching online competitors. I just wish they left this policy forever and not just for holidays. I guess it's good that I renewed this month. Going today to see if they will price match the $150 amazon price. Well post if I have success.

JustinZ

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the $150 price match today at a Best Buy Mobile. The only catch was that instead of walking out of the store with the phone, I had to have their fulfillment center ship it to me in order to match Amazon's online price. But for $150, it's worth waiting a few days!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
SUCCESS! Just came from best buy with $100 in cash after they price matched the amazon wireless price. They looked it up and at first I thought they weren't going to do it since I did upgrade and the price is for new line but they did it anyway. I didn't mention anything about it being a new line price. Best buy will have my business for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool