Price Match

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I printed out the web page show the note 2 for $99, went into best buy on the 16th when they were having the s3 sale. The lady looked at the flyer gave it to a manager ...it was a no go. So I took the print out to another best buy, the reps eyes almost popped out if her head lol. She showed it her the manager at the too. She tried to pull it up on her phone cause the systems were down. She couldn't find it so she said the hell with it they'll do it since I have the print out. But they would have to have them shipped to me. I've waited this long I figured I could wait a couple more days. So I upgraded two lines @ $99 each for note 2's. Just waiting on delivery now.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I was able to price match on Nov. 11 to $250. I would love to save an additional $150 or even $100. I have a Silver Premier Reward Zone card so I have a full 60 days to do the price-match. However, the lower prices I've seen tend to be for a new account (vs. an upgrade) so I'm wondering if BB actually distinguishes or if they just look at the price without trying to figure out whether you were an upgrade or new customer and match the price. It sounds like it might just be a matter of luck of the draw, so I might have to go print out the lowest price I've seen online and take my chances...

I did a renewal and was able to get bb to price match the new price. Went 2 times to price match and did it both times. It all depends on your local best buy and who you deal with. First person actually looked it up online and did the price match anyway. 2nd person just did the price match without any research or lookup. He just asked the website I saw it on and how much. In the end although it worked, if it hurts bb in business they will get strict on the matching. Maybe they get repeat customers from this. Ive renewed my phone from bb for last couple of renewals.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I printed out the web page show the note 2 for $99, went into best buy on the 16th when they were having the s3 sale. The lady looked at the flyer gave it to a manager ...it was a no go. So I took the print out to another best buy, the reps eyes almost popped out if her head lol. She showed it her the manager at the too. She tried to pull it up on her phone cause the systems were down. She couldn't find it so she said the hell with it they'll do it since I have the print out. But they would have to have them shipped to me. I've waited this long I figured I could wait a couple more days. So I upgraded two lines @ $99 each for note 2's. Just waiting on delivery now.

Now you have time to order a case on amazon since bb doesn't have them. Trust me, you'll want to protect it. At least order a screen protector or full body protector. Enjoy your phone.

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Now you have time to order a case on amazon since bb doesn't have them. Trust me, you'll want to protect it. At least order a screen protector or full body protector. Enjoy your phone.

Thanks ....that was my thoughts too but so many options to choose from. Options are a great thing lol.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Check out the rhino holster on amazon or eBay. Also it wouldn't hurt to get a tpu case. Good protection and it keeps the form factor about the same. I got a tpu case and a leather belt pouch to keep it in. Double protection.
Also don't forget when you get your phone when you register with Samsung they'll send you a code for 50% off any accessories. You can get any of the flip covers, adapters, desk cradles for half the cost.

vicp26

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I originally did my upgrade at Best Buy on 12/3 with the price match for renewals at $250, they would not do it for the $200 new customer price at that time. I brought a print out of the web page from Amazon but they still looked it up to verify for themselves. Overall an easy transaction.
I went back to Best Buy last night and got my $50 and tax back since the Amazon renewal price had dropped to $200. It was very nice!
The store manager had to approve the $50 back. The one thing that was strange is that he had mentioned that I was on my 14th day and that they only honor the price match for 14 days. I had mentioned that it was 30 days though. I guess it doesn't really matter since I got $50 back. So now I wonder if the Amazon price for renewals goes down further in the next 15 days, can I go back and get more money back? How many times do they do the price match in 30 days?
Best Buy is for sure going to get my business on my phone upgrades as long as they continue this.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I originally did my upgrade at Best Buy on 12/3 with the price match for renewals at $250, they would not do it for the $200 new customer price at that time. I brought a print out of the web page from Amazon but they still looked it up to verify for themselves. Overall an easy transaction.
I went back to Best Buy last night and got my $50 and tax back since the Amazon renewal price had dropped to $200. It was very nice!
The store manager had to approve the $50 back. The one thing that was strange is that he had mentioned that I was on my 14th day and that they only honor the price match for 14 days. I had mentioned that it was 30 days though. I guess it doesn't really matter since I got $50 back. So now I wonder if the Amazon price for renewals goes down further in the next 15 days, can I go back and get more money back? How many times do they do the price match in 30 days?
Best Buy is for sure going to get my business on my phone upgrades as long as they continue this.

I just asked them and you can price match within 30 days as many times as the price goes down. I myself went back 2 times without a problem.
I also found out that my local bb was price matching online competitors before bb did it nationally. The store manager also said that bb is planning on continuing the online competitor policy indefinitely. Good to hear. I'll be able to price match my tv price.

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Technically they are not supposed to price match unless it is in stock. Currently both colors are on back order on Amazon (sprint) so they don't have to match the $199.99 price if they dont want to.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Technically they are not supposed to price match unless it is in stock. Currently both colors are on back order on Amazon (sprint) so they don't have to match the $199.99 price if they dont want to.

That's true buy most stores will put customer first and do it anyway.

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I have seen many report here that even though the official word from Amazon is that its back ordered, the phone ships within a day or 2. I might even speculate that the back ordered status is in some way a reciprocal agreement that online retailers do to stave off some price matching attempts. Who knows.

I got Best Buy to price match so it did not bother my Best Buy.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have seen many report here that even though the official word from Amazon is that its back ordered, the phone ships within a day or 2. I might even speculate that the back ordered status is in some way a reciprocal agreement that online retailers do to stave off some price matching attempts. Who knows.

I got Best Buy to price match so it did not bother my Best Buy.

Hopefully most people's local bb will do it without requiring the stock. Like you said amazon is quick anyway and that is just there in case there is a delay. I'm glad my bb didn't give me a hassle.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No problem. .. five minute transaction. She verified price using my Galaxy note 2.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355977028151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355977028151.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 71

CancerSC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm officially 0 for 3. Spoke with 3 different Best Buys. Two flat out said, no they would not price match Amazon. One said they would, but only at the $199 upgrade price. I decided to take them up on the offer, went to the store to get it done and over with. They started price matching me for the $99 price. I was surprised, but certainly hoping for anything at this point. They OK'd the price match, and then decided to double-check that Amazon had it in stock. Sure enough, backordered and shot down again. Looks like I only have the full price option available in my area.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
THAT SUCKS.

Someone is taking their blue shirt too seriously....lol.

I only go at night... just before closing.... when everyone just wants to go home. Last night I entered the store at 10:50 PM (Holiday hours).... and I was out before 11pm. :)

- - - Updated - - -

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so I printed out the $99 new customer sheet from Amazon, went to my local BB to the mobile dept. There was a line so one of them said I could go to the main customer support desk, went there and gave the price match to the guy. He went to another area to talk to a supervisor or something so I was a little nervous they'd turn me down but turns out he was just getting an ok or instructions because mobile pricematches are supposed to be handled by the mobile dept. Got $157 added back onto my card, so if you count the $120 they gave me for my EVO 3D, they actually paid me $20 to upgrade! Well, not exactly, since I had to pay Sprint $100 for an early upgrade. Still though, $80 for an upgrade to such a pricey device after about just 16 months since getting my last phone... not bad! :)

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I only go at night... just before closing.... when everyone just wants to go home. Last night I entered the store at 10:50 PM (Holiday hours).... and I was out before 11pm. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Another good time is right when they are open in the mobile department, sometimes the supervisor does not start until later so they can work until close.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm officially 0 for 3. Spoke with 3 different Best Buys. Two flat out said, no they would not price match Amazon. One said they would, but only at the $199 upgrade price. I decided to take them up on the offer, went to the store to get it done and over with. They started price matching me for the $99 price. I was surprised, but certainly hoping for anything at this point. They OK'd the price match, and then decided to double-check that Amazon had it in stock. Sure enough, backordered and shot down again. Looks like I only have the full price option available in my area.

I would try printing it out. If that doesn't work then call the 1800 number and explain the situation. Just tell them that their not matching online competitors. Don't say anything else. Let them do the rest. If they say yes but then mention the backorder tell them amazon keeps the site that way to prevent massive orders. Good luck. Forgot to mention if the 1800 number doesn't work then go back to store and say you want to return phone because amazon that backorder phones are shipping within couple days. Then see what happens. My other question is, who is your cell company and are you within 15 days? That may change things a little. Again. Good luck.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What @yankeesusa said, and the good thing is Amazon is quick at restocking so keep checking. Be patient with the BB guys and might want to change to a different visit time like others mentioned. I was able to get them to price match the $99 back ordered price for my add a line option. Maybe sweeten the deal by telling them you want to add their Geek Squad Protection plan.

montfordd

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just went down to BB and had them price match Amazon's $99 offer. The customer service rep went into the back to verify on the website I assume. Even though I upgraded I was still able to get the $99 for new customers deal price matched. I'm grinning from ear to ear :p

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
To get the $199 you should feel lucky bc it is out of stock. To get $99 upgrade price is crazy. It all depends on the bb employee intelligence level/laziness.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech