What is the actual POCKETABILITY of the Note ?

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering selling my s3 and paying the difference to buy one of these off contract.

I've seen side by side comparisons w/ the S3, but what is the real life pocketability of the Note?

Even if it fits in the pocket, is it awkward when walking or sitting?

Does one handed operation work fairly well? I use my S3 one handed without any problems so I'm not too concerned about it, but just want to make sure it isn't too heavy to hold for one handed use.

Thanks

seand26

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Currently rolling without a case of any type. But it is better than expected. The only thing I have a problem with is more fitting pants such as khakis or dress slacks. Jeans, casual slacks and khakis have been fine. The slimness of the phone does not make it stick out or pop out when sitting.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a silicone case on mine and have not had a problem with putting the phone in any of my pockets.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Works fine for me in my left front pants pocket, where I don't carry anything but my phone (I don't want to scratch it with keys, coins, or anything else). Works in jeans, suit pants, khakis, anything I've tried. It's so slim that it isn't a problem.

In the weeks while I was waiting for it to be released, I actually made a full-size dummy and carried it around for a few days, just to make sure it wouldn't be an issue! I didn't want to have to hesitate in the store when it came out, handling it and considering the size before I bought it, and I didn't.

I have not found it awkward walking or sitting in a chair or car. If I were wearing some tight jeans and I was doing a lot of low crouching,I might not want it in the pants pocket.

I usually don't use a case, but I bought a slim gel back case that has knurled sides and gives a much better grip. I'm not sure I'll continue to use it, but even with that on it's no problem at all in my pants pocket. After using the phone for a couple of weeks, the size is GREAT. It's a fabulous device - I'd say don't let worries about it being too big deter you if you think it's what you want.

As for using it one-handed, I can do a lot with it, but I can't reach everything with my thumb. You can use the slightly smaller one-handed keyboard and number pad, which shift easily from one side to the other for left or right-handed use. But I find there are times when I just need to use two hands. I do not find the weight a problem.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I wear a suit everyday and am transitioning from an Evo 4G (the original baby)

I easily slide my Note 2 in my dress shirt pocket. Today I picked up a Ventev Fusion case and I can still slide it in my shirt pocket

Venpacasa

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I had my wife's 3vo and my note 2 in the same pocket. It's wasn't uncomfortable because the note 2 is so damn thin it was like just having the evo 3d in it. I don't wear baggy jeans nor skinny jeans the young folks wear lol (im 25) I wear slim fits and had no problems. I do understand your concern though, same I had before purchasing this beast of an awesome phone

Sent from my SPH-L900

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC