Note 2 & Google Voice Not Working - Need setup help

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've used google voice on VZW prior without issues. Now, with my # ported over to sprint on my new Note it looks like my text messages are being sent OUT from my Google Voice #, not my actual physical cell #. How can I fix this? Is there a setting on the google voice admin page or is the setting to change on my phone... I don't get why this is happening.

I had to uninstall google voice on the phone and disable it on the voice website to make it stop.

Tonio21

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used google voice on VZW prior without issues. Now, with my # ported over to sprint on my new Note it looks like my text messages are being sent OUT from my Google Voice #, not my actual physical cell #. How can I fix this? Is there a setting on the google voice admin page or is the setting to change on my phone... I don't get why this is happening.

I had to uninstall google voice on the phone and disable it on the voice website to make it stop.

You may have done a tad to much completely removing your account. All you had to do, if you haven't already was log into google voice, click the settings gear, click settings, then click the calls tab. There you should see: Caller ID (outgoing)
When I text a Google Voice number from one of my forwarding phones:
Don't change anything
Display my Google Voice number
Note: this setting currently only applies to text messages; calls will be included soon.
Click the radio button for Don't change anything. It should show your actual cell phone number instead of your google voice number when sending texts.

enarchos

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
When clicking on the Settings tab, the Making Calls option is not shown as with my friend's Galaxy S3. Is this an Sprint/Note II exclusive bug?