New person here: Have question about moving pictures to sd card

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone:
My husband and I just picked up our Notes on Friday. My question is about the SD card. How can you make the SD card the default place for your pictures? Right now all the pictures from Google+ are on my internal storage and there isn't much room left. Also, when I look at the pictures it has a little Picasa logo at the corner. Is there a way to do away with that completely? I came from a Google Nexus 4G so we didn't really have another place to store anything but on the phone. Now I have this nice 16GB card in there and I would like to use it. So far we are loving these phones. So much to learn. Thanks

davem2421

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
launch the camera appp

where you see the options for Flash, rotating the camera, etc... there is one that is the settings that allows you to set the resolution and some different options.

if you scroll to the bottom it will say "storage" and you'll have the option to select "memory card"

hope this helps!

Screenshots_2012-11-19-13-32-50.png

Last edited:

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Regarding moving your existing photos to the micro SD card, try this, after you have installed the micro SD card in your phone:

1. Touch the "Apps" icon at the bottom right corner of your screen

2. Find and open the My Files app

3. Touch "All Files" and the screen should then show two entries: "extSdCard" is the micro SD card that you have added, and "sdcard0" is the internal storage of the phone.

4. Touch "sdcard0," then put a check in the box next to the "Pictures" folder

5. In the upper right corner there should now be an icon with three horizontal lines and a small downward pointing triangle. Touch that and then select "Move"

6. A screen comes up like in step 3. This time touch "extSdCard", then in the upper right corner touch "Move here."

Last edited:

stephanie sandstrom

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
@brentj....THANKS!!! Your tips worked great! I even work at a cell phone and can do pretty much everything just never tried that! I have people coming in and asking all the time! Works great Thanks:):)

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi brentj, thanks for this tip... I was starting fresh with no pics on my Note 2 but now have 4 pics which were texted to me... they are in a folder called Downloads in my Gallery... I have tried your tip but I have opened a picture and still have the Details filepath showing this: Path: /storage/sdcard0/Download/ResizedImage951355079122356.jpg. Does this mean that this picture was not transferred to my external sd card? When I use your tip and look at the /extSdCard Pictures file folder it is empty... I also am wondering if this is a one-time thing (have you permanently moved that picture storage to the extSdCard or do you have to do this periodically to get the pictures to transfer to the card)? as you might have gathered... I am a newbie at this and I am just learning... so far I am very disappointed in the Note 2 because of the storage situation... but understand through reading that it is the fault of the OS, not the phone... I thought this would be easier!!! Thanks in advance for anyone's help...

VillaRegina

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have found the problem... I needed to move the downloads folder to the extsdcard... I also figured out how to move the camera pictures (burst pictures) to the card... wootwoot!!!

bluerose5

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much!! I found this the other day and saved it to my favorites. Got my new SD today and it's transferring my pics to the new card as I type! This is going to save tons of memory on my phone now!

wolfpup60001

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: another New person here: Have question about moving pictures to sd card

brentj I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 running ver 4.1.1. All's well until step five: I get the icon with bars and downward arrow but "move" is not in the dropdown menu. Settings didn't seem to lead anywhere. I would be glad for any help.

Last edited:

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

brentj I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 running ver 4.1.1. All's well until step five: I get the icon with bars and downward arrow but "move" is not in the dropdown menu. Settings didn't seem to lead anywhere. I would be glad for any help.

Ummm, my Note 2 that I got in October is my first Android device, so I'm no expert and I'm not familiar with other Android devices. You have a formatted SD card properly installed? If so, sorry, but I don't have any other ideas for you. Good luck!

wolfpup60001

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Brent, thanks for your reply. This galaxy tab is my first Android device so am mostly in the dark. Also, apologies to all if I should have posted somewhere else. Cheers!