Question about Mac comp & android file transfer

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my Note 2 (YAYYYY) and I love it but one question...does anyone have any success using android file transfer on Mac and it recognizing the Note 2? It keeps saying that it doesn't recognize my phone...I was having the same issues with my S3 when it received the Jellybean update. TIA

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Chamber79

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my Note 2 (YAYYYY) and I love it but one question...does anyone have any success using android file transfer on Mac and it recognizing the Note 2? It keeps saying that it doesn't recognize my phone...I was having the same issues with my S3 when it received the Jellybean update. TIA

I am having the same issues.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issues.

I was able to fix it by downloading and reinstalling Kies then uninstalling Kies using the uninstall icon that comes with the Kies download iinstead of just uninstalling by removing the Kies app from the Mac comp. Then AFT worked for me. I hope I explained right.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I called Samsung technical support. They said they don't support the mac. But then they proceeded to help me solve the problem.

What we did was start kies, on the Mac, go to the Tools menu, and install drivers. Did not have to uninstall kies. Once the new drivers were installed, Android file transfer worked fine.

However, I have found that it cannot deal with files larger than 4 gigabytes. This is not a formatting issue. My external SD card is exFAT and does tagke files larger then 4 gigabytes. This is currently an Android file transfer limitation. Ugh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I called Samsung technical support. They said they don't support the mac. But then they proceeded to help me solve the problem.

What we did was start kies, on the Mac, go to the Tools menu, and install drivers. Did not have to uninstall kies. Once the new drivers were installed, Android file transfer worked fine.

However, I have found that it cannot deal with files larger than 4 gigabytes. This is not a formatting issue. My external SD card is exFAT and does tagke files larger then 4 gigabytes. This is currently an Android file transfer limitation. Ugh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I tried installing the drivers through the tools menu initially but it didn't work for me. Ultimately I had to uninstall Kies then AFT worked. I really didn't use Kies like that anyway and I don't know why I had to uninstall it to get AFT to work but it did the job :)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I use kies and there's also airdroi which I haven't used yet but have heard good things. I still miss plugging my phone in and using it like a memory card. I don't know the reason behind removing that feature.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

systems7224

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Airdroid.
Works great, there is a small chore to do in order to see the Ext Sd card.
Open Airdroid on your laptop, I use the secure tab login, then I just use the app to photograph the QR symbol and the app will login securely all by itself.
You must navigate from Files to the System folder, then to the mnt folder, you will get a warning at this point about changing system files, click Got It and keep going to the extSd card folder and there you can do what you want from there.
At this point you can click on the folder use the upload button and just drag and drop files to copy them to the external SD card.
I don't know about the 4 gig transfer limit, I haven't hit that yet. Most of the files I moved are technical info and manuals nothing huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis