Is it just me or...

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does the GN2 not get enough attention out there? I mean come on, they sold millions of copies and when I check the web for accessories and themes, etc. I have a hard time finding legit items. It still seems like all the attention is going to the iphone 5 and not enough to the GN2. Anyone else feel the same?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it is the size and the stylus.

It's one of those phones that may be just way too big for most. Is it a tablet??? Or a phone?

The stylus for some may be a negative throw back to the Palm and HP era.

I would say the size, though. It's certainly the fastest one out there though.

Sent via Tapatalk.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the GN2 not get enough attention out there? I mean come on, they sold millions of copies and when I check the web for accessories and themes, etc. I have a hard time finding legit items. It still seems like all the attention is going to the iphone 5 and not enough to the GN2. Anyone else feel the same?

It's been my experience that there are a ton of accessories available for the Note II on Amazon and Ebay.

Also, I work in Dallas and plastered on about every building downtown is a larger than life advertisement for the Note II.

The press may favor the iPhone, but Samsung is not lying down one bit and has learned that if you want to sell a device it needs to be available everywhere and on every carrier, and you must spend the ad money putting it in front of folks.

They did it with SIII, and they are doing the same with the Note II.

In my opinion this is why the Droid DNA will fail. It's only available one carrier, accessories will be a nightmare to find, and advertising will be limited. A few Verizon faithful will buy it, but Note II will win out right hands down.

You shouldn't have any problem finding cases, chargers, screen protectors or anything else for the Note II.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I know what you mean, apple always gets all the attention no matter what better android devices comes out , so crazy I tell ya.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean, apple always gets all the attention no matter what better android devices comes out , so crazy I tell ya.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

I think there are a couple of camps out there that use Apple products. My wife and dad for example use Apple products because they "just want it to work" and aren't looking for anything cutting edge or customizable. They also like the integration with other Apple products.

Then there are others who if informed Apple was coming out with the Apple Brick would buy it just because it is made by Apple.

I think the iphone 5 is nice. I've used it, but Android is much more my flavor.

Sent via Tapatalk.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
nice replies guys. I see... Ya I guess Apple also has a perk because all their devices sync together well (they are pretty much all the same things in different forms LOL) and that they do have actual Apple stores around. I swear if only Droid started opening stores around the world...would be interesting.
I do manage to see accessories on Amazon and Ebay but I don't see enough reviews to finalize my decision making sadly. Non the less I LOVE my GN2 :D

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My brother was over today. His iphone4 was sitting on the table, I put my gn2 next to it. His phone was so TINY compared to my gn2! He even gave my phone a jealous look. I'm so happy with this phone.

The gn2 is finally getting some press, people are starting to recognize my phone. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
lol I know it gets a lot of attention by customers but like accessory wise. It seems like iphone 5 is getting a choke load more attention than the galaxy note 2. Although they are trying to expose the GN2 in ads with Lebron James, etc.

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing when I went into Best Buy the other day. They had row and rows of iPhone stuff but only a teeny tiny shelf for android. They had Note 1 stuff but nothing for the Note 2. It's just too new I guess. I ordered great cases for my husband and my phones from Amazon. They do have a lot of stuff but then the phone can use some of the other phones stuff like cords and cradles because they are micro usb too. The case was the only challenge because most of the one size fits all does not accommodate this phone at all. We ended up getting a couple Nintendo DS cases to carry them in until we got our proper cases. Now the DS cases are nice accessory carriers. We had screen protectors put on at Sprint but didn't want to ding them up too soon.

ImmaGhost

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
nice :D. Yeah I ended up buying a really cheap case on Amazon which turned out to be awesome looking and fit but not too much protection. That is interesting that Sprint put a screen protector on your phones because I heard that the manual says to stay away from protectors. I still bought one non the less lol.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
nice :D. Yeah I ended up buying a really cheap case on Amazon which turned out to be awesome looking and fit but not too much protection. That is interesting that Sprint put a screen protector on your phones because I heard that the manual says to stay away from protectors. I still bought one non the less lol.

The Ringke screen protector is one of those examples which basically is a scratch protector and probably nothing more. It is very slim, however.

Sprint stores probably have their biggest margin on accessories. Their stores are filled with more accessories than phones, and what they do offer is way overpriced.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you mean. Apple always gets the attention of the accessories and app devs and everything else but I think things are starting to change and mainly because of Samsung.

Think about it the galaxy s3. Mophie one of the biggest iPhone accessory makers has come out with a case for galaxy s3. Also Life Proof. LIFE PROOF coming out with a case for the galaxy s3. 2 of the biggest iPhone accessory makers ever and they are making a product for Android. Beautiful. Good sign for us

maryinredding

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The reason we had the screen protectors put on was because they offered us a free accessory when we bought the two phones (they didn't have anything else in the store at that time). I had them put them on because they guarantee them and if they don't turn out right they will do it again at no charge. We bought two phones and one of the screen protectors was free. Not a bad thing.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just installed a similar screen protector to the spigen oleophobic screen protector. The brand is mobcstyle. Can get it on amazon and eBay and so far I really like it. The stylus works perfect with it and the screen is still vibrant. You can't tell there's a screen protector on it. Now the only thing to test is how long it stays looking that nice and preventing scratches. I love the oleophobic feature. Makes it so much easier to clean. I recommend it. The name on eBay is this: MobC Smasung Galaxy Note 2/N7100 Screen Protector HD Film-Fine Oleophobic[2Pack]

Usually cheaper on eBay since its always free shipping unlike on amazon.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2