My Galaxy Note 2 Keeps Rebooting

dominiej

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
And it's @#$%ing annoying! Does anyone else have this probelm? I've had this thing since Nov. 21st and I'm starting to rethink this thing or maybe exchanging it for a new one.

It will literally be 15 minutes on the dot sometimes. I'll be watch Youtube or Netflix or browsing the web and bam! It reboots. Then it does it again exactly 15 minutes later.

I've done a factory reset, but it's already rebooted once. I started a log once it started happening regularly (before the factory reset - attached)

View attachment Restart Log.pdf

I've got a SPH-L900 (version L900.09) running stock Android 4.1.1 (build JRO03C.L900VPALJC). I'm either thinking it's the device or some app I've downloaded?

Is anyone else seeing their device reboot regularly?

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely take it in if hard reset doesn't work. It could also be a specific program that is causing it to reset. Either way, figure it out before your 30 days are up.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely take it in if hard reset doesn't work. It could also be a specific program that is causing it to reset. Either way, figure it out before your 30 days are up.

You don't get 30 anymore. You only get 14 days.

Fadzila Said

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My gal sams note 2..recent purchase..fantastic time..love it..but later... to my deepest despair.... it keep on restart and said sim card missing. Restart.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My gal sams note 2..recent purchase..fantastic time..love it..but later... to my deepest despair.... it keep on restart and said sim card missing. Restart.

Sounds like a bad sim card or sim receptacle. Try removing and re inserting the sim. Otherwise exchange it from where you bought it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Return it, I bought mine off of craigslist. I had issues out of my s pen. Luckily I put insurance on it so they sent me a brand new one for freee. Its funny thought any phone I hold now seems small. Hahah

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

koertje1

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since October 25th and recently this has happened to me. I have only seen it twice and only seems to happen if I have 'power saving' mode on and doing a bunch of web browsing or sending emails. Mine doesn't seem like a full reboot because it only shows the Samsung splash screen and then it's back up and running. Is yours anything like this?

Edit: grammar fix

mikloskass

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It happens the same to me. Sometimes, it's random. I see samsung logo and it's again on the launcher. It feels like an automatic fc of the entire system..

Owen Van Damme

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same thing, it's happened 3 times so far.

It doesn't seem like a full reboot, though. Just the Samsung splash, then it's up again.

I did a full wipe/re-install two weeks back.

BTW, I've got the i317 version, running stock Samsung 4.1.

I'm thinking it might be my 32 GB SD card. I had some random reboots on my previous Galaxy Note N7000. And that often happened when I was playing music from the SDCard, though that issue was mostly fixed when I updated from 2.3.6 to ICS.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem for a short period of time and discovered it was my 3rd party backup battery wasn't closed in to place tight. Once I opened the battery door and assured a secure fit I've had no problems.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same thing, it's happened 3 times so far.

It doesn't seem like a full reboot, though. Just the Samsung splash, then it's up again.

I did a full wipe/re-install two weeks back.

BTW, I've got the i317 version, running stock Samsung 4.1.

I'm thinking it might be my 32 GB SD card. I had some random reboots on my previous Galaxy Note N7000. And that often happened when I was playing music from the SDCard, though that issue was mostly fixed when I updated from 2.3.6 to ICS.

Mine did it today. Just the splash screen and it was back up. I don't know what it could be. I have a 16gb card. Hopefully it's a bug that if fixable or an app that can be uninstalled. I just don't feel like resetting phone. Oh well. It only happens once in a while. I guess I'll deal with it for now.

Owen Van Damme

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Update: My phone is the rogers Canadian version. This week, we got the 4.1.2 update that enables multi-window support, the multi-window support wasn't all that I thought it would be, so I ended up rooting my phone and switching to this custom ROM:

[ROM][2/9] CleanROM ACE 4.5V -★| Unrivaled Performance Stability! | Open!!!|★- - xda-developers

No issues so far, but i've only been running it for two days. The longest period of time I had gone before was about 1 week without a soft-reboot. I'll report back if it happens again.

I retired the previous 32 GB SD card this week as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance