Bad Bad Bad Sprint

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
i just got my GN2 last week and been having problems with the power button. the button is flush with the side of the phone and is really dificult to find and press.i went to the sprint store today and waited 45 minutes to be seen by a rep. he looked at my phone and said that there have been a few GN2 that have come out with this issue but since the phone still works its not considered as damaged and id have to pay $35 to have it replaced even though im still in the 14 day return window.WTF?? it's bad enough that sprint has lousy coverage but forcing someone to pay $35 to return a faulty phone is jacked up.:mad::mad::mad:

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow! That really sucks. I just joined with Sprint not even a week ago and their 3G coverage is horrible. I'd be pretty upset too, if they pulled that sort of thing on me.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i just got my GN2 last week and been having problems with the power button. the button is flush with the side of the phone and is really dificult to find and press.i went to the sprint store today and waited 45 minutes to be seen by a rep. he looked at my phone and said that there have been a few GN2 that have come out with this issue but since the phone still works its not considered as damaged and id have to pay $35 to have it replaced even though im still in the 14 day return window.WTF?? it's bad enough that sprint has lousy coverage but forcing someone to pay $35 to return a faulty phone is jacked up.:mad::mad::mad:

The $35 fee is the dee that Sprint charges dealers for shipping. I had to pay this at one point too. Just pay it and enjoy your phone .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

If it was a corporate store, call Sprint directly and tell them what happened.

I had called them when I was having issues with my S3, and they said that there wouldn't be any charges. When I went in, the tech said that he "had" to charge me the $35, and that the people I spoke with didn't know what they were talking about.

I got home and called Sprint back (about something else), and I barely got past the typical "I'm fine, how are you?" lines when she asked me why they had changed me $35 when I went into the store. She apologized and told me that that wasn't how they do business, and credited my account. It was impressive.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
im going to a different store today and im going to tell them that the phone keeps rebooting and freezing up on me. im going to do a system reset first because i know that thats what they're going to say will fix the problem.we'll see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463