03-22-2014 08:19 AM
55 123
tools
    Just got my Note 2 last night and so far am loving it! I used Nova on my S II and really liked it. I thought about putting on the Note II so I can have the scrolling dock with 7 icons, but will I lose any S Pen functionality if I don't use TouchWhiz?
    01-20-2013 11:23 AM
    Hate to sound stupid but what are launchers exactly? Are they better then what im using out of box?
    01-20-2013 03:08 PM
    Hate to sound stupid but what are launchers exactly? Are they better then what im using out of box?
    Their different homes basically. And not necessarily, its mostly changed for the part of customization and not so much for performance.

Anyways I Loved nova but I got go launcher again cause of the different types of skins their are for it; sure it aint as smooth but has tons of devs behind it. Heres a quick view on my theme Crynogen mod theme on Go.
    iTS A GO. MUAHAHA. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Launcher recommendations for Note II-uploadfromtaptalk1358719921752.jpg  
    01-20-2013 04:12 PM
    Just got my Note 2 last night and so far am loving it! I used Nova on my S II and really liked it. I thought about putting on the Note II so I can have the scrolling dock with 7 icons, but will I lose any S Pen functionality if I don't use TouchWhiz?
    You won't lose any spen function; the spen is integrated with the phone and not the actual touchwiz launcher. Explore my brethren!

kilen71 likes this.
    01-20-2013 04:14 PM
    I have used Go Launcher before on my Note II, but I encountered problems with that launcher.
    My device wasn't able to connect to network (not able to make regular phone calls, no internet connection, only wifi).
    First I thought it were other apps and maybe from rooting my device.
    But once I de-installed Go Launcher and rebooted my device, I immediately got back my network connections.
    For some reason, after an update or restarting my device, Go Launcher blocks my micro SIM.
    So I am looking for other launchers now as well.
    Therefore I do not recommend Go Launcher (although they launcher itself is great and has loads of stunning visual themes to download).
    splattermonkeys likes this.
    01-21-2013 11:03 PM
    Just my two concerns will my battery life suffer for using any 3rd party launcher? Also will the touch wiz be disabled automatically once a new launcher is installed? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    01-21-2013 11:18 PM
    Basically, the phone will default to whatever launched you use. Typically, no battery life loss is suffered.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    01-21-2013 11:28 PM
    I use Nova Launcher mainly because I like my screens to be clean with a scrolling dock with folders at bottom. Nova seems to be a lot faster than touchwiz also. Battery seems to be unaffected by using Nova over Touchwiz.
    01-22-2013 10:41 AM
    i am a newbie here. so is anyone here having problems with nova launcher being non responsive and and a bit buggy ?? bc mine is acting a fool as of late. more or less with my texting function. it will sometimes say that i dont have any messages in my inbox and then when i exit out of it and go back into the message funcion i have all my text's. any help would be great
    03-19-2013 01:08 PM
    You won't lose any spen function; the spen is integrated with the phone and not the actual touchwiz launcher. Explore my brethren!

This is only half-true, I think.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the TouchWiz launcher is what has the feature to bring up specific apps when the stylus is removed, is it not?
    Is it possible to configure Nova Launcher to do that? I sure hope so because I find that ability of TouchWiz to be very useful, but Nova Launcher has so many other great features!
    03-19-2013 08:27 PM
    Which launcher is that ? I use nova on my tab 2 7.0
    03-20-2013 12:21 AM
    No issues with using Nova and still having S Pen functionality.
    03-29-2013 07:19 PM
    This is only half-true, I think.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the TouchWiz launcher is what has the feature to bring up specific apps when the stylus is removed, is it not?
    Is it possible to configure Nova Launcher to do that? I sure hope so because I find that ability of TouchWiz to be very useful, but Nova Launcher has so many other great features!
    Half correct. TW has the "page buddy" which brings up the s-pen page, but it doesn't affect how you can use the s-pen at all.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    03-30-2013 08:20 AM
    I love Action Launcher Pro. I love the clean UI having used webOS and the Just Type feature of launching apps. I only have one home screen, my dock hast the 5 set of covers. Audio, Messaging, Creativity, Reading, Phone. If I need an app that's not set within those covers, I'll just use the search bar to open the app.

I have to admit that I do miss the page buddy pages :O but overall I am very happy with Action Launcher Pro ^o^

Sent from my Awesome Galaxy Note 2!
    Attached Thumbnails Launcher recommendations for Note II-uploadfromtaptalk1364664775125.jpg  
    03-30-2013 12:33 PM
    For those missing the "Buddy Pages" with the S-Pen. Try S-Pen Helper from the App store.
    kilen71 likes this.
    04-01-2013 01:07 PM
    So far I've had nova, and go launcher and go back to touch wiz home. Maybe I'm a few that like touch wiz.. And I feel the whole phone rings better.
    I do want to learn about rooting.. But launchers are fun. Oh I even got Facebook home lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-2013 01:20 PM
    NOVA rocks!! Your gonna gain special abilities...your power is gonna go off the charts. Your fingers are gonna swipe just 2 open your favorite apps. All you have to do is purchase it...lol
    I've used most launchers out there, actually purchased like 4 of them.....still use NOVA :-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Launcher recommendations for Note II-1371706148181.jpg  
    06-20-2013 12:29 AM
    Nova has always worked the best for me. There are a ton of features, it's compatible with almost every icon pack, runs extremely smooth. I have 0 complaints. I've tried Apex but I wasn't too fond if the fact that when you wanted to put apps in your drawer into a folder, there was no way for you to hide it from the drawer so you wouldn't have an icon in a folder in your drawer amd the icon in the drawer where it originally was. That annoyed the heck out of me.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    06-20-2013 12:35 AM
    Btw, here's my home screen.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Launcher recommendations for Note II-uploadfromtaptalk1371706640343.jpg  
    06-20-2013 12:37 AM
    NOVA rocks!! Your gonna gain special abilities...your power is gonna go off the charts. Your fingers are gonna swipe just 2 open your favorite apps. All you have to do is purchase it...lol
    I've used most launchers out there, actually purchased like 4 of them.....still use NOVA :-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AC Forums mobile app
    This is very nice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-20-2013 01:02 AM
    Although I had it Nova launcher since Google's 25 cents sale, I never brother to use it until a week ago because I was content with my setup. Now that I've had a chance to used it for two weeks, I highly recommend it.
    06-21-2013 06:35 PM
    Im using the next d launcher. I love it. I am using the free version at the.moment. not sure what features.will be taken away once the 3 day trial is over. I have go at the.ready tho. I had nova, and a few others. Next I'm going to try go

Sent from my gorgeous Galaxy Note II aka CJ. <3
    06-25-2013 03:21 PM
    (re: aztecgod106)
    Nice homescreen, dude. Minimalistic. Love that wallpaper.
    11-19-2013 07:25 PM
    Me personally, I like Apex Launcher. It has most of the functions of Go without the bugs. And I can use alot of the go themes. I have 5 tabs that I use but u can go up to 9. This is my homescreen. I keep most of my work stuff there.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II on Tapatalk Pro.
    11-20-2013 06:46 AM
    I use Next Launcher 3D. A little pricy but worth the money

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    12-04-2013 06:15 AM
55 123