What date in 2013 will the GN2 sell for $150...I can wait till March-ish

12smile

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I got my EVO 4G on day one direct from Sprint in KY....Think I only paid $150....

$150 would be a steal....I'm eligible for an upgrade from Sprint.....I just wonder how many weeks (8-12 ??)
sales will slow down enough for a price drop to spur more sales?

jdod

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know when, but you can be assured it will go there when it is no longer worth $299 but $150 instead. (It is already not worth $299, it is routinely available at $225 currently). So I would not categorize $150 as a steel any more than $225 is today. Its a free market, they will sell it for what they can get, which is what its worth. Not saying I don't understand your logic, its still money out your pocket. Just sayin though.

Having said that, you are not counting on a previously available Gold upgrade that expires on December 31st are you?

We have 5 lines on our account. Had been a gold level member, which no longer exists. Our gold level upgrades expire 12/31/12, we have 2 left, both our kids, so my wife and I will each get new phones this month and our kids will get the hand me downs. :D

(Don't feel too bad for them, they are both going to get iPhones at least.)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It will go down in price by end of the year probably. But it may go down even more once the s4 and the new g note mini is announced. Of course amazon and other retailers will continue to lower the price and offer incentives like giftcards or bonuses.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know Sprint was in the habit of really down pricing their phones. Granted, I'm new to Droid and always used Windows Phones up until now. Those, they never lowered in price until just before they remove them from the market.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It will go down in price by end of the year probably. But it may go down even more once the s4 and the new g note mini is announced. Of course amazon and other retailers will continue to lower the price and offer incentives like giftcards or bonuses.

G note mini? That would be the s3 or are they going with a 5.23'' phone?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the carrier as well. I've seen the at&t version for $199 already.

Tough to find the Verizon version in stock under $299.

And if it satisfies a need for a tablet and a cell phone, it's well worth $299.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I got my EVO 4G on day one direct from Sprint in KY....Think I only paid $150....

$150 would be a steal....I'm eligible for an upgrade from Sprint.....I just wonder how many weeks (8-12 ??)
sales will slow down enough for a price drop to spur more sales?

Look no further, it is now $150 dollars, of course it is backordered but you'll get it in about 2 weeks
AmazonWireless: Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G Android Phone, Titanium (Sprint)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Some people have said they got best buy to match their renewal to the new line pricing. It's worth a try. If the price for renewal doesn't go down I will try to get best buy to match the new user price.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know Sprint was in the habit of really down pricing their phones. Granted, I'm new to Droid and always used Windows Phones up until now. Those, they never lowered in price until just before they remove them from the market.

I currently have the HTC Arrive with Windows Phone 7, considering jumping ship to the Note 2.... how was your transition?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the HTC Arrive with Windows Phone 7, considering jumping ship to the Note 2.... how was your transition?

Only thing you'll need to worry about is email and contacts. Everything else you have to start from scratch. Although pictures and other files can be transferred from phone to computer.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Wasn't bad. The tech at the Sprint store was able to move my contacts and everything over without much trouble. He was actually able to get them to download from the Hotmail account. The hardest part for me is the learning curve for this since I've never used a Droid phone before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power