2 Note or Not 2 Note

professorhiss

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I currently have an iPhone 4S and am completely smitten with the Note 2 size. However, I also like the mind numbing simplicity of the iPhone. Any help making a decision?

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
agree, please research, and if you do decide to Note 2 (that is to say if you've always been an iphone user)please remember that it isn't an iphone so don't expect it to do things that your iphone does (I have seen so many rants about iphone users being upset about what their new android phone can't do or does differently)

But I hope you end up loving the note 2 when you research, believe me its awesome, its even in my signature ^_^

Jennings Richmond

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
agree, please research, and if you do decide to Note 2 (that is to say if you've always been an iphone user)please remember that it isn't an iphone so don't expect it to do things that your iphone does (I have seen so many rants about iphone users being upset about what their new android phone can't do or does differently)

This. Mostly because people expect Android to be a knockoff of iOS and it isn't. The similarities rather end at "mobile device user interface". iOS is rather like mass transportation. Anyone can be fine just hopping on and they'll get where they want to go along with everyone else. Android is like a stick shift tuner. You make it your own and not everyone is going to have the same driving experience.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I don't find iOS all that easy to use. It's cluttered, non customizable, and in my opinion, was made obsolete before it even came to light. Just my opinion though.
The note is an amazing device... look it up, go play with one. See if you like it

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

teddysjam

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said go play with one, and do research I was going to get the iphone 5, but after playing with the note there is no turning back just go into it with an open mind.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
You said it yourself, if you like "mind numbing simplicity" then the note 2 or any other high end android phone is not for you. If you want something different that has a lot of customisation then get note 2. Also I'd get it at best buy if you want a place that you can try and exchange if the size is too big. Good luck.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Best buy gives you 30 days to return it...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Best buy will give you 30 days to exchange but if you signed a 2 year contract att,sprint and Verizon will only let you cancel first 14 days before your locked in for 2 years. Must keep that in mind.

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I moved from the 4s to the note 2 a few weeks ago. I love it. It is a little big but after a while all other phones become too small lol. Its a great phone. Fully customisable unlike the iphone.

I did an early upgrade which meant trading in my iphone. I was worried incase I didnt like the note 2 as I wouldn't br able to go back. Im glad I changed cuz I love it. Only things I miss are imovie and imessage

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I moved from the 4s to the note 2 a few weeks ago. I love it. It is a little big but after a while all other phones become too small lol. Its a great phone. Fully customisable unlike the iphone.

I did an early upgrade which meant trading in my iphone. I was worried incase I didnt like the note 2 as I wouldn't br able to go back. Im glad I changed cuz I love it. Only things I miss are imovie and imessage

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

How much trade in credit did you get?

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my buy it was so easy to decide. The only reason I wanted a iphone was simply because I have an itunes account. So when I saw the note 2 and everythig it can I fell in love. I mean the camera and s pen sold me. A phone that acts like a a tablet and has a big screen I thought man this phone is perfect size for my hands. The gestures do work you just have to use thme constantly to get your own feel for them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny story I pulled outmy phone and my manager said "holy thatsba big phone lol". People are so use to 4 inch phones they dont know how to act when they see something at 5 inches. This phone looks intimidating like a suzuki gsr1000 but as long as you take your time getting use to it. The more you will enjoy the experience. Keyboard has one hand option to slide it so there is no reason to this phon3. O yea games and pictures look beautiful on this 720 hd screen:]

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
There is a learning curve to use the Note 2. If you want mind numbing and are not interested in taking time to really learn, this may not be the mind numbing phone for you.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny , after 2 weeks it does not seem big anymore. You get accustomed quickly. I get reminders of how big it is when others see it. Go for it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It's funny , after 2 weeks it does not seem big anymore. You get accustomed quickly. I get reminders of how big it is when others see it. Go for it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

That is so true. I was doing something for my wife in her iPhone and I put them next to each other and I was shocked. It's amazing how nice the screen size is on this beauty of a phone. I just wish I could use it without a case, too afraid to drop it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton