Earpiece static

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. New to the note 2 forums. I just moved from verizon galaxy nexus to a sprint note 2. In calls I get a little static when the other party is speaking. Its not horrible but still annoying none the less. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. Wasn't sure if it is a phone or sprint issue. Did a search and nothing really came up. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Strider2112

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you verify that it is only in calls that you get static?
Do you get any noticeable static with any notification sounds or music?

It is likely that the connections to the speaker at the top of the device is not solid or the speaker itself is faulty, the issue sounds similar to when you have headphones plugged into a jack just slightly so sound comes through, but not fully.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's not happening in all of your calls outgoing and incoming there is probably just a bad cellular connection it happen to me today and the next call I made immediately after the signal was good

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
People today still don't understand that whenever you have a cell phone that it doesn't mean it's going to have the best connection 247 just because its one the fastest phone on the market this just means that when you have a good connection that your phone is capable of going that fast. It's almost like those commercials you seen when you were a kid and they had you thinking toys could to do all these amazing things and really its what your imagination held. I'm a family wrong for being upset because of the consumer you have spend your hard earned money and you expect havewhat youve paid for but I'm just saying that we have to be realistic.

Megan Riffey

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not normal. I noticed the same thing on mine when I picked my note 2 up today at Verizon.

I've read other items stating their note 2 devices do not do this. But then again, the guy at the store was throwing it around like a $300 toy. It does it on all incoming and outgoing calls whenever the other person speaks.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's all calls going in and out. Only is during calls. Music or video sound quality is fantastic. It's just during calls

koertje1

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine does this with all audio. It's so faint that I strain to hear it in normal situations. With headphones plugged in, the right channel seems to be the defective one because it has static/hissing like crazy during quiet moments in calls. It's ironically funny because I first tried the headphones three days after the return policy that Sprint uses had expired. They were going to charge full price for a replacement since I have no insurance.

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue as the OP. I also have trouble with people being able to understand me when I talk. Sprint shrugged off my issues. I'm gong to Samsung next.

Sent from my SPH-L900

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
If it only happens during calls, then it most likely is your connection (especially if it's both speaker and when using headsets). From what I've read, Samsung's are known for not having the best radios... Since I get a good signal almost everywhere I'm at, I'm happy with my GN2... although my old ELTE4G did get signal in places that the GN2 doesn't..

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If it only happens during calls, then it most likely is your connection (especially if it's both speaker and when using headsets). From what I've read, Samsung's are known for not having the best radios... Since I get a good signal almost everywhere I'm at, I'm happy with my GN2... although my old ELTE4G did get signal in places that the GN2 doesn't..

The older Samsung's were a lot worse than the s3 and note 2 by far...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update. It's more likely sprint in my area. Some phone calls come in very clear I had sprint send me an airwave and that helps tons with signal in my house. Calls are clearer now.

Tony541

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the galaxy note 2 on the verizon network..... what is the fix? if i get the dealer to replace the phone with another note 2 will i have the same problem?

koertje1

May 10, 2012
Visit site
No fix that I know of. If you have the chance to replace it, I would say it's worth a try to see if it's only affected a few devices. I was three days too late, and Sprint was going to charge me full retail. I've just tried my best to ignore it. I'm really hoping it's just a sound card driver issue, but Samsung hasn't even acknowledged it..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis