Going crazy over the GN2!!!!

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So as i patiently await my tax return so i can buy my Galaxy Note 2, (will be approx in two weeks) i have been doing lots of research (and i mean LOTS!). I have been reading on this forum for about a week now and decided to make an account to possibly help with some of my decisions. Couple things....

1. put on a screen saver? or no? should i just trust this gorilla glass

2. Case? i don't care about bulk or how big it is (hence one reason i want this phone..the size!) Is the Otterbox Commuter the best choice here? or anybody have the Ballistic case?

3. Anybody buy the spare battery/charger/phone holder, I know you will already get amazing battery life but i just wanted some fresh opinions. At times i will end up working my normal job 9-7 then working at a racetrack 7pm-1-2am with no charge available. Which is why i'm kinda set on it but want to hear some opinions. Any input is appreciated, and sorry if this information has already been posted.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well you're making a good choice to get the note 2, Sprint has some sales you might want to look into for a limited time, $99 for new customers and $199 for existing customers upgrading. As far as a case, I've heard the otterbox is the best case, I myself had a rugged thick case but didn't like the bulk and downgraded to a nice thin tpu case that still gives good protection without all the bulk. I also would still use a screen protector if I were you. The screen is big and just gives more area to potentially crack or scratch. I use one just to be safe. I also brought a spare battery with an external charger, the battery life is good but if you use your phone frequently and go in bad cell reception areas your battery can still fie in 10hrs. But under really good conditions the battery can last up till 24hrs.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Put a high quality screen protector on. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant,, not scratch proof. Get some sort of case,, either a thin low profile case or the samsung flip. The flip really adds little bulk because it replaces your phones back cover and is really just a thin cover over the screen, its pretty cool.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Put a high quality screen protector on. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant,, not scratch proof. Get some sort of case,, either a thin low profile case or the samsung flip. The flip really adds little bulk because it replaces your phones back cover and is really just a thin cover over the screen, its pretty cool.

Awesome thanks. I really liked the look and idea behind the flip cover, only downside i take a lot of pictures and videos and i guess you just let the flap dangle? haha I know it does not protect that well but i'm careful when it comes to phones and now this one i will be even more careful. I've never been more excited for a phone, this phone has it all.

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well you're making a good choice to get the note 2, Sprint has some sales you might want to look into for a limited time, $99 for new customers and $199 for existing customers upgrading. As far as a case, I've heard the otterbox is the best case, I myself had a rugged thick case but didn't like the bulk and downgraded to a nice thin tpu case that still gives good protection without all the bulk. I also would still use a screen protector if I were you. The screen is big and just gives more area to potentially crack or scratch. I use one just to be safe. I also brought a spare battery with an external charger, the battery life is good but if you use your phone frequently and go in bad cell reception areas your battery can still fie in 10hrs. But under really good conditions the battery can last up till 24hrs.

Yeah, i had just seen the amazon deal, i hope its still available when i get my money for it. any certain screen protector better then the others? i know you get what you pay for if you go for a cheap one.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
when you're taking pics you can just turn on voice and say cheese and shoot, I don't have any problems with taking pics with my flip case (I have a flip case were I don't have to replace the back cover). With videos I just hold it like a book, doesn't bother me *shrugs* Can't wait to have another member to the note family, you're going to love it, trust me, its in my signature ^_^

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i can't wait to get my hands on it!! But I know what you mean. Probably helps when taking vidoes by doing that. I'm sure I will end up getting the flip case and a regular one

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am using a combination of the Otterbox Defender and Zagg Invisible Shield. My phone is well protected and functional.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So, you just used the hair dryer technique to remove the factory screen protector?

also, I have never bought a phone off of Amazon. I was checking it out and with my upgrade is $199 which is great, but then it asks me for a plan to select. How does this affect my plan i already have through sprint?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Facepalm! Why does everyone go for an otter box? I know their good and all but they are far too pricey. I have the flip cover on my s3( 8$ on eBay btw and its official Samsung ) and while not the best case it does wipe the screen off every time I close it and protects the screen from being scratched/nicked.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Facepalm! Why does everyone go for an otter box? I know their good and all but they are far too pricey. I have the flip cover on my s3( 8$ on eBay btw and its official Samsung ) and while not the best case it does wipe the screen off every time I close it and protects the screen from being scratched/nicked.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Because I deal with horses and my phone has taken real falls in the otterbox. No damage every time.

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my SPH-L710

Not saying i'm going for an otterbox just looking at my options. i also see the Ballistic case is very good although it does not protect the top and bottom well. Plus i would be going through amazon or somewhere else not otterbox direct. i don't like that $60 price tag but if it means dropping my phone a hundred times with no marks then its worth it haha

uofmike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Look up the Fly grip. You also get a free TPU case with it. Sometimes the bulkiness annoys me (although it's really not that bulky), but the practicality of holding the phone and operating it with one hand while laying down or oriented in any position, is priceless.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
1) Yes to screen protector. Do some reading here for the good vs bad.

2) YES to a case, all it takes is 1 drop...

3) I bought a few spare batteries + charger to have for traveling. I got burned a few years ago while on a flight that got stuck on the tarmack. Extra batteries are good....

Wellsy55

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Look up the Fly grip. You also get a free TPU case with it. Sometimes the bulkiness annoys me (although it's really not that bulky), but the practicality of holding the phone and operating it with one hand while laying down or oriented in any position, is priceless.

I will check it out...thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

1) Yes to screen protector. Do some reading here for the good vs bad.

2) YES to a case, all it takes is 1 drop...

3) I bought a few spare batteries + charger to have for traveling. I got burned a few years ago while on a flight that got stuck on the tarmack. Extra batteries are good....

Sounds good. Thanks for the input!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 battery's,, I can go without electricity for 6 days. Beautiful feeling lol

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 has a Commuter on it right now. It certainly adds bulk, but it also make me feel safer with it.

Sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae