02-18-2013 06:32 PM
81 1234
tools
    I'll say stay if I were u bro.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-2013 09:26 AM
    I was pissed when I found out I was being charged twice for data from Sprint. I contacted them and they told me it was the only way for data to be truly unlimited. Wtf?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    02-15-2013 10:39 AM
    I could never do what I do with my device on Verizon, it would cost to much. I stream Sirius /xm for 8 hours a day. I use 3 to 4 gigs a week now. I switch to wifi at home. My lte speeds are identical to my Verizon fios speeds.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-15-2013 11:05 AM
    I was pissed when I found out I was being charged twice for data from Sprint. I contacted them and they told me it was the only way for data to be truly unlimited. Wtf?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    :what: u don't get charged for data dude . the ten dollars is a smartphone charge not a data charge.

02-15-2013 11:07 AM
    :what: u don't get charged for data dude . the ten dollars is a smartphone charge not a data charge.

Semantics,,,,, it's a smartphone charge because of the amount of data it uses.

02-15-2013 11:12 AM
    Semantics,,,,, it's a smartphone charge because of the amount of data it uses.

Dude if u got a smartphone its a charge period. If u have a dumb phone u wouldn't have this fee because its not a smartphone. And FYI I was charged more by vzw and att.

02-15-2013 01:24 PM
    Dude if u got a smartphone its a charge period. If u have a dumb phone u wouldn't have this fee because its not a smartphone. And FYI I was charged more by vzw and att.

That's because dumb phones use very little Data. Dude, when I went from my palm pre to me first evo and they tacked on that charge I called sprint and said to them "not fair,, I don't have 4G service, why do I have to pay this?" they told me it is no longer a 4G charge,, it's a charge because the new smartphones use MUCH MORE DATA. Thus it's a Data charge.

02-15-2013 02:41 PM
    That's because dumb phones use very little Data. Dude, when I went from my palm pre to me first evo and they tacked on that charge I called sprint and said to them "not fair,, I don't have 4G service, why do I have to pay this?" they told me it is no longer a 4G charge,, it's a charge because the new smartphones use MUCH MORE DATA. Thus it's a Data charge.

If you don't like it, go back to a moto RAZR?

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network
    02-15-2013 03:14 PM
    If you don't like it, go back to a moto RAZR?

Huh,, what are you talking about. I'm not complaining about anything and I
    Never had that phone. Did I miss something here?

02-15-2013 03:38 PM

Its a smartphone charge bro.

02-15-2013 03:47 PM
    Honestly either way you both are pulling teeth now... It's a charge. It can be a charge due to smartphones using more data or simply because the word smartphone is part of that phones category.

Either way the charge is for smartphones since they use more data than most. Either way this 10 bucks is way less than what you'd pay elsewhere. Most other carriers 10 bucks = 1GB of data.

No need to split hairs gents.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    02-15-2013 03:53 PM
    Its a smartphone charge bro.

Ok "bro" you fail to say why it is a smartphone charge. It was explained to me why by sprint but for some odd reason you don't want to say why. You just want to keep saying the same thing over and over with no logic or reason behind it. I'm telling you why,,,,, right from sprints mouth,, DATA. I'm done with you. I enjoy intelligent debate and conversation,, not broken records.

02-15-2013 03:57 PM
    My palm pre was a smartphone yet they did not make me pay that so the "just because it's a smartphone" thing does not hold water.

02-15-2013 03:59 PM
    My bill said premium data charge that's semantics for smartphone

02-15-2013 04:01 PM
    How long ago did you use the Palm Pre? I was using the optimus s when they tacked it on starting October '11 for all phones

02-15-2013 04:44 PM
    I had an optimus s and was grandfathered out of the fee until I got my new note 2. Now, I have to leave the house to send a text, but I still dl 60 or so gigs a month through my phone as its my houses only internet connection. I was mad, and was going to leave, but NOWHERE else could I do that worrying without a ridiculous bill or worse, so craptastic as the service is 10 Miles from Sacramento, I have to stay.

To be fair, in 10 years through three big 4 carriers in PA and CA, I don't think I've ever seen full bars or have had one phone call over 5 minutes without dropping it. Treos, pre, razor, misc Motorola and Samsung devices, nothing has ever been worth the fee to have for me, sprint just happens to be lowest priced contracts on the market right now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    02-15-2013 09:49 PM
    If you had internet, you could get an airave

02-16-2013 10:26 AM
    Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???
    If you feel you aren't getting anything premium out of your device try going to a basic flip phone. Then you won't have to pay the fee and you can continue as you were.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    02-17-2013 09:05 AM
    Like I said hard to justify the premiun data on this thing when I can barely use it due to horrible speeds unless I am at home on wifi. Why must I pay an extra 10 dollars a month for this why???
    You can always buy a Verizon or ATT unlimited plan off of eBay. I have my grandfathered unlimited data plan on Verizon and absolutely love it. I share it with my tablet too. I tried waiting around for Sprint to get their act together but they are so far behind and seem to continue to make boneheaded moves (wimax, Nextel, etc.). By the time they get a reliably consistent LTE experience rolled out on a widespread basis, Verizon and ATT will already be onto the next generation technology (5G, VoLTE, etc.).
    02-17-2013 10:57 AM
    You can always buy a Verizon or ATT unlimited plan off of eBay. I have my grandfathered unlimited data plan on Verizon and absolutely love it. I share it with my tablet too. I tried waiting around for Sprint to get their act together but they are so far behind and seem to continue to make boneheaded moves (wimax, Nextel, etc.). By the time they get a reliably consistent LTE experience rolled out on a widespread basis, Verizon and ATT will already be onto the next generation technology (5G, VoLTE, etc.).
    U sir are dreaming. Look at these Chicago speeds. And those moves u speak of is old moves. If u wanna spread breaking news talk about the pending soft bank deal which will bring billions back to sprint. Let's talk about the purchase of uscc here in Chicago which will increase these already fast speeds. Let's talk about how sprint now has lte in over 50 markets. Yeah sprint f@@ked up in the past but are making up.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Quis89 likes this.
    02-17-2013 11:40 AM
    U sir are dreaming. Look at these Chicago speeds. And those moves u speak of is old moves. If u wanna spread breaking news talk about the pending soft bank deal which will bring billions back to sprint. Let's talk about the purchase of uscc here in Chicago which will increase these already fast speeds. Let's talk about how sprint now has lte in over 50 markets. Yeah sprint f@@ked up in the past but are making up.

I have Sprint lte everywhere I go anymore... st Mary's ga, Baltimore and surrounding areas, even in the mountains in western md...

02-17-2013 11:46 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1361126628686.jpg  
    02-17-2013 12:43 PM
    I have Sprint lte everywhere I go anymore... st Mary's ga, Baltimore and surrounding areas, even in the mountains in western md...

You're lucky. My experience when I visit the Baltimore Metro area hasn't been the same. No LTE indoors in the Towson and Owings Mills areas.
    02-17-2013 01:42 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1361134919022.jpg  
    02-17-2013 03:02 PM
    I'm probably done with sprint anyway even with the low prices. Every day for past week after 9am my data is slower than dial up. Basically useless. Only reason I was able to post this is because I forced roam to a Verizon prl. I will be switching to tmo probably in next 1 to 2 months. Have to find out how much I pay with my work discount.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-18-2013 10:37 AM
81 1234