Nothing Premium About my Data on the Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it was different for regular plans then...because I've always been on SERO and never had that $10 fee. In fact, when I went to the EVO 4G, my wife refused and kept her Palm Pre which did NOT have the $10 charge. When it came time for her to upgrade, she took the LG Optimus because even though it was considered a "smart phone" and could do everything the EVO was capable of, it did NOT have the $10 fee since it wasn't WIMAX capable.

Sero won't require the extra $10 if you use Palm pre or optimus your right but most people get the nicer phones now and are required to pay it. But in the end the most a sero account will pay is $50 before tax. I just checked and for Verizon a 500 minute plan with no texting is $40. Then add $30 for data. That's already $70 without texting and only 2gb of data for those that aren't grandfathered. After adding unlimited texting it's about $90 before tax. Yes, it's only a little more compared to the 79.99 from sprint but don't forget with sprint it's unlimited and mobile to mobile. In the end it's your choice.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I called sprint to about yhisbback in july 2012. They explained 10 premium dat is not only for 4G but for smartphones which to me leads me to believe its for 4G. They also told me its because with it your able to have unlimited data.

Sent from a android better than yours lol

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Problem 2ith that your limit3d to 2gb of net surfing then I think it goes to 3g only. Thats what I was told act mobile

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Problem 2ith that your limit3d to 2gb of net surfing then I think it goes to 3g only. Thats what I was told act mobile

?? There is no limit or throttle on Sprint.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
?? There is no limit or throttle on Sprint.

There's no limit or throttle but when I did a speed test yesterday on 3G, I got 0.22Mbps down and 0.69Mbps Up.

What's there to throttle or limit when data speeds like that are useless? I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when LTE actually rolls out, but those are some pathetic speeds. Plus it isn't like I'm in the middle of Wyoming or something, it was a speed test done in Los Angeles!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's no limit or throttle but when I did a speed test yesterday on 3G, I got 0.22Mbps down and 0.69Mbps Up.

What's there to throttle or limit when data speeds like that are useless? I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune when LTE actually rolls out, but those are some pathetic speeds. Plus it isn't like I'm in the middle of Wyoming or something, it was a speed test done in Los Angeles!

Regardless it's unlimited. The guy before my post was saying something about a limit.

And yes you will be.. When going 20Mbit with unlimited I doubt most will be so angry. :)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
How many Sprint + mvno customers are using those towers in la? That's why it's bogged down.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
How many Sprint + mvno customers are using those towers in la? That's why it's bogged down.

The reason is all thr mvnos but it's also sprint not anticipating this many smartphone users and so many iPhone users. Same thing happened to att. But I've heard things are getting faster. Just not in my town. Only thing that's keeping me on sprint is low price and promise of lte within couple months. If by end of year speeds are still bad I will be switching to tmo. Just found out I get discount with them too and in my town their hsdpa+ is running at around 4mbps on bad day and around 10on a good day. That's all without lte. So sprint better get their stuff together soon.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was pissed when I found out I was being charged twice for data from Sprint. I contacted them and they told me it was the only way for data to be truly unlimited. Wtf?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I could never do what I do with my device on Verizon, it would cost to much. I stream Sirius /xm for 8 hours a day. I use 3 to 4 gigs a week now. I switch to wifi at home. My lte speeds are identical to my Verizon fios speeds.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was pissed when I found out I was being charged twice for data from Sprint. I contacted them and they told me it was the only way for data to be truly unlimited. Wtf?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

:what: u don't get charged for data dude . the ten dollars is a smartphone charge not a data charge.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
:what: u don't get charged for data dude . the ten dollars is a smartphone charge not a data charge.

Semantics,,,,, it's a smartphone charge because of the amount of data it uses.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Semantics,,,,, it's a smartphone charge because of the amount of data it uses.

Dude if u got a smartphone its a charge period. If u have a dumb phone u wouldn't have this fee because its not a smartphone. And FYI I was charged more by vzw and att.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Dude if u got a smartphone its a charge period. If u have a dumb phone u wouldn't have this fee because its not a smartphone. And FYI I was charged more by vzw and att.

That's because dumb phones use very little Data. Dude, when I went from my palm pre to me first evo and they tacked on that charge I called sprint and said to them "not fair,, I don't have 4G service, why do I have to pay this?" they told me it is no longer a 4G charge,, it's a charge because the new smartphones use MUCH MORE DATA. Thus it's a Data charge.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's because dumb phones use very little Data. Dude, when I went from my palm pre to me first evo and they tacked on that charge I called sprint and said to them "not fair,, I don't have 4G service, why do I have to pay this?" they told me it is no longer a 4G charge,, it's a charge because the new smartphones use MUCH MORE DATA. Thus it's a Data charge.

If you don't like it, go back to a moto RAZR?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If you don't like it, go back to a moto RAZR?

Huh,, what are you talking about. I'm not complaining about anything and I
Never had that phone. Did I miss something here?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Its a smartphone charge bro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay