New update for the Sprint GN2 - 2/13/2013

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Im rooted, & got a notification for update twice Ithought I'd broke something after constantly tweaking things lol!:) I rejected it twice! good to kno it wasn't me..

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My question, is the update for rooted users going to require a stock rooted rom to be installed or will it just be a zip file?

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jarheadglidden

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No lag on gallery for me. Notification bar constantly shows icon that it is checking if I am looking at screen. Also, Juice Defender text is different when you swipe notification bar down.

The Smart Stay Icon will remain constant after this new update, similar to the Bluetooth icon when it's turned on/off.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As of 9 am I still dont have the update :confused: I guess Sprint hasnt started rolling it out in my area yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Go to manage apps, and clear data for Google Services Framework. Go back and check for the update again. If it doesn't work, keep trying a few times. It took me three times and another person five times, but this trick seems to work to force the update to appear.

Edited to fix a name.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to manage apps, and clear data for Google Framework Services. Go back and check for the update again. If it doesn't work, keep trying a few times. It took me three times and another person five times, but this trick seems to work to force the update to appear.

I tried that trick and so far still no update, ill try it later after my next two classes.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
@ yankeesusa.... good question, because it definitely showed up, to be sure I'd justwait to flash a zip if you accept it you may lose SU access...

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Here are some screenshots showing new icons in the notification panel. You can customize the buttons that appear and set their order.

Another great thing is that you can get Google Wallet working through this Apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37298197

I've attached some screenshots of what I have mentioned.

Edited to fix the broken link to Google Wallet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360852234580.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360852234580.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360852273339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360852273339.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360852308301.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360852308301.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Link doesn't take you to a specific topic. Can you update that please? Thanks..
I tried going into manage apps, but am unable to find google framework. Any ideas?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried going into manage apps, but am unable to find google framework. Any ideas?

You have to scroll left until you are on "all" apps. Then scroll down to Google frame work... I did it 5 times in a row,, no luck.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Fixed both of them for you. I think the link should work now... Hopefully it does.

It's Google Services Framework, not the other way around, sorry for the confusion. It was incorrectly posted in the original post I read.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that my keyboard makes sounds whenever I type now after the update and I unchecked the keyboard sounds in settings. It's driving me nuts!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

dgene84

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok random question. So when you clear and stop Google Services Framework it makes notifications for CNN, AndroidCentral App, Foursquare and many others stop coming up. The only way you know you have new messages or information is to go into the app. This happens on my S3 and Note2. Is there anyway to fix this so that all notification come up when you do this process to force the update.

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok random question. So when you clear and stop Google Services Framework it makes notifications for CNN, AndroidCentral App, Foursquare and many others stop coming up. The only way you know you have new messages or information is to go into the app. This happens on my S3 and Note2. Is there anyway to fix this so that all notification come up when you do this process to force the update.

Same problem with me :/