New update for the Sprint GN2 - 2/13/2013

mr pnut

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but downgrading to be able to update I do not recommend. I would wait. Things should not be this difficult.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Downgrading is only five min bro its better being fully stock so you wont have any problems updating just in my opinion once you update your going to loose root anyways....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
they have the official update.zip over on xda... i'm about to flash that being as i reverted back to stock ljc last night... and still says no update.
google wallet bricked on me... so i'm trying whatever to get it to work.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
they have the official update.zip over on xda... i'm about to flash that being as i reverted back to stock ljc last night... and still says no update.

Do you have the link for that? And is that the official file that I can just download to my SD card, go into recovery mode and point to the file and then upgrade?

My phone always seems to be the last one to get updates, go figure.

By the way, besides the different color options for the rare occasion when you unlock your phone with the S Pen, what's different about the lock screen? And is it only different when you have the water ripples enabled?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the link for that? And is that the official file that I can just download to my SD card, go into recovery mode and point to the file and then upgrade?

My phone always seems to be the last one to get updates, go figure.

By the way, besides the different color options for the rare occasion when you unlock your phone with the S Pen, what's different about the lock screen? And is it only different when you have the water ripples enabled?

it is the official file, yes. I'll get the link and edit this... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37968121

Nothing really different...

I think you can turn the shutter sound off with the 4.2 camera

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you please check if they added an option to turn off the camera shutter sound?

I don't think they'll ever add that due to privacy. Install fx camera and you'll be able to turn off shutter sound with that.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Downgrading is only five min bro its better being fully stock so you wont have any problems updating just in my opinion once you update your going to loose root anyways....

I don't mind losing root to get Google wallet to work. Plus its easier to get root back. I may try the .zip file when I get home. Only reason I used root was to tether which I haven't done since December. Plus open garden still works without needing root.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Have the link?

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me. I must have tried it about 30 times though. It will work of you habe the patience and persistence.

Here are some screen shots. 278mb download (pretty large).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361152001040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361152001040.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 57
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361152021216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361152021216.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 165
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361152037490.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361152037490.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 165

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
New voice mail app is pretty cool. You can now change your quick setting toggles as well. Still noticing new stuff. Will post if I find anything else that is new.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried installing the update from the .zip file and the after it verifies package it gives me an error "e:error in tmp/sideload.... didn't get whole thing. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Was rooted on exynos apk option and followed directions to uninstall. I used a root checker to make sure Im not rooted but the .zip still wont install. I think i have stock recovery because of the way it looks but is there a chance I'm not on stock recovery? This is getting confusing now.

Romathug

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I finally rooted my phone last night. I just got a notification for a system update this morning. I did not install any custom roms or anything. Is it safe to install the update?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my update this morning after about the 80 time in last 3 days I cleared Google framework. Lol

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Just received notification for and installed the 4.1.2 update on my non-rooted device (during overnight charging). Too soon to tell if there are any issues. First think I noticed was the Smart Stay icon is now constant in the notification bar as opposed to flashing periodically to check. I also went and changed my Notification bar, and ink color. :)

I do not see a different Gallery app :-\ , just that it's running much better, no lag.

Hopefully battery life will be better, or not worse.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed when I open a folder it has like a neon effect. Looks nice. Also noticed the phone reacts different when you swipe for a screen shot. Much quicker and smoother.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Got my update this morning after about the 80 time in last 3 days I cleared Google framework. Lol

How exactly did you clear the frameworks? I may give it a go again. The .zip file didn't work for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance