New update for the Sprint GN2 - 2/13/2013

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Settings> backup and reset> factory reset

Make sure you backup everything beforehand because your phone will be like it was out of the box.

I hard reset every 6 months or so to keep my phone running clean.

anon(3783942)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well yea, I know that. But does is make a difference if I boot into recovery mode and reset from there? I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow. Should I hard reset before updating my new 1? Meaning after I get it activated

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my update yesterday, things I've noticed; Positives: firefox is now on the multi window menu, default browser is quicker when loading pages, when u hover the S pen over a folder on your home page it shows a preview of all the apps within that folder, Google wallet works!, options to customize notification bar, options to use volume keys to zoom in and out on camera, notification menu bar is now black instead of gray and the gallery seems to load much faster even the sd card photos and synced photos from Facebook and Pocasa load almost instantly, galary interface is better with better preview window and viewing options. Negative: smart stay eye on notification bar stays on constantly, whenever you wake up your phone by pressing the home button the recently used apps menu pops up automatically! Very very annoying, pop up tips that seem to show up randomly telling you stuff you already know, also the default browser is automatically picked as your browser instead of chrome or Firefox.

Update : I've also noticed that when u copy something to the clipboard and paste it in s-note, it now pastes on page 1 of the document u have open which is great! Before it would paste to a new page and you'd have to cut and re paste on the 1st page then go back and delete the new pages created by the original paste.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that the smart stay eye lights up bright every 1 minute or so, so it may not have the camera on the entire time. It appears that maybe the icon stays on but the camera only comes on periodically when the icon lights up to check if your looking at the phone or not.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but you shouldn't have to hard reset a phone after an update for it to work correctly. I understand if your constantly installing new roms but for a stock update I don't think so.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Aaron Brockovitch

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
This Update is best avoided

We have 3 GSN 2 phones, all stock with no root and they ALL have had the same problems after this last "update":

1. When launching the photo gallery from an application to select a picture, you literally have to wait for several minutes for the albums to show up.
2. Reception has become VERY poor in places it was previously fine (like our home) Constantly getting the "no data" warning and calls go right to VM no ring.
3. The voice to text feature which never worked well at all is almost totally useless now. I get "sorry can't contact google at the moment" even on WIFI now.
4. Weird lags returning to the home screen with the back button and other odd behavior of the hard buttons.

We all have somewhat different uses for our phones but none of us have many apps and no mods. Its really obvious to me because literally they went from the best phones we've had the day before the update, to phones we're ready to ditch after the update. One sprint tech admitted there were some issues they were aware of specifically the reception and voice to text problems. Of course no timeline was specified for a fix...

Can't we uninstall the updates and go back?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but you shouldn't have to hard reset a phone after an update for it to work correctly. I understand if your constantly installing new roms but for a stock update I don't think so.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Even when I'm flashing roms, I'm only clearing system.... apps stay

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
HELP ME PLEASE.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forum

I am a female and I have un official 4.1.2 update and it is missing some features. Can someone please tell me how I can get back to 4.1.1 or have the sprint official 4.1.2 update? Please get back to me ASAP :confused:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Can someone test something for me. I just updated to 4.1.2. When I am in Google now. If I hit the menu button it will just flash up and disappear really quickly. Can someone confirm this isn't working right. So the help / Send Feedback / Settings / can't be reached. Ugh!
It's a pain. If I uninstall the current update to search it works. WTF?!?!

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone test something for me. I just updated to 4.1.2. When I am in Google now. If I hit the menu button it will just flash up and disappear really quickly. Can someone confirm this isn't working right. So the help / Send Feedback / Settings / can't be reached. Ugh!

Confirmed! Add that to the list of quirks...

discdoc

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Thought I was going insane!

It's so frustrating how an update that is supposed to improve things, actually makes things worse! This phone was the best phone I've ever owned... and I've owned plenty. I actually had a difficult time thinking of any flaws (okay, I'd rather the power button on top instead of on the side)... now, since the update, there are MANY! Why would they do this? Better yet, when will it all be corrected, if ever?

Last edited:

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
One that annoys me is when you are readinf and the screen goes black you hit the home button to wake it back up, well it sometimes opens the task manager. It does it sometimes not all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Cursor in text box, then hit menu :/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol