04-14-2013 10:10 PM
72 123
tools
    Google wallet now works with the update to 4.1.2. Thank goodness I kept it on my phone.
    I'm glad I kept it on my phone too unfortunately I've only been able to get it to work once. It worked fine the very first time I used it. The last 5 times I've tried to use it I get an error saying "not approved". WTF Google? Then after being embarrassed at the checkout, I have to use the physical card that I was trying to use in GW in the first place. Ugh...so frustrating to have waited this long to have it and now it's buggy.
    02-27-2013 08:56 PM
    I'm glad I kept it on my phone too unfortunately I've only been able to get it to work once. It worked fine the very first time I used it. The last 5 times I've tried to use it I get an error saying "not approved". WTF Google? Then after being embarrassed at the checkout, I have to use the physical card that I was trying to use in GW in the first place. Ugh...so frustrating to have waited this long to have it and now it's buggy.
    Not good. I was able to use it several times without a hitch. Remember that it works best after unlocking the device. So before going into store unlock the device if you have a password. Then just make sure screen is on when you are ready to scan. No need to open or unlock the Google wallet app itself. Let us know if that works.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-27-2013 09:16 PM
    Erase the card and put it back in manually.

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network
    02-28-2013 04:44 PM
    So much for Google wallet working every time. Tried to use it at cvs and it acted like it was working and nothing happened. But cvs lady said that the unit was having issues anyway. Hopefully that's what it was.

02-28-2013 06:47 PM
    So much for Google wallet working every time. Tried to use it at cvs and it acted like it was working and nothing happened. But cvs lady said that the unit was having issues anyway. Hopefully that's what it was.

That has never happened to me. I use at cvs on a daily basis. From my evo to my note 2 never did it not work. Was in there today and I was picking up some scripts and made the girls jealous using wallet.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-28-2013 07:54 PM
    That has never happened to me. I use at cvs on a daily basis. From my evo to my note 2 never did it not work. Was in there today and I was picking up some scripts and made the girls jealous using wallet.

Your Evo? The Evo lte right?

02-28-2013 09:13 PM
    Your Evo? The Evo lte right? The original evo did not have a nfc radio.

My previous phone, evo lte, correct.. Current phone note 2

03-01-2013 04:29 AM
    Wow,, weird,, I edited your comment. Very strange.

03-01-2013 04:31 AM
    Just tried gwallet at gasb station and it worked perfectly. It was that one unit at cvs that wasn't working correctly. I wish Walmart and target started doing nfc payments. I basically wouldn't need my wallet anymore except for buying alcohol.
    Can't wait to see what Samsung wallet will bring to the mobile payment game.

03-01-2013 08:46 AM
    Yeah I use Google wallet daily at McDonald's CVS and bp with no issues. U will be surprised how many stores accept Google wallet. Use the MasterCard paypass finder app in the play store

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    zmann and yankeesusa like this.
    03-01-2013 10:16 AM
    I still can't get this to work...followed the link downloaded the apk and it tells me "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

version I downloaded1.6-r96-v13
    03-22-2013 08:43 PM
    For the people with the Wallet app that stopped working: Did you initially set it up on a device that supported Google wallet?
    03-23-2013 04:18 PM
    I originally set mine up on a ns4g. Got secure element brick. Now waiting for my replacement because my note committed suicide last night

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
    03-23-2013 05:51 PM
    For the people with the Wallet app that stopped working: Did you initially set it up on a device that supported Google wallet?
    I originally set it up on my note 2 after the update to 4.1.2. Worked awesome till couple days ago. My thing is, why is it working for some that aren't rooted and some who aren't rooted its working fine.

03-23-2013 09:35 PM
    I originally set it up on my note 2 after the update to 4.1.2. Worked awesome till couple days ago. My thing is, why is it working for some that aren't rooted and some who aren't rooted its working fine.

I'm wondering the same thing- I have it working on my GN2 stock, unrooted. I'm curious if it has anything to do with how the service was initialized, if it mattered if the account was once on phone that supports Google Wallet. I opened my account on my NS4G and it still works on my GN2.

Probably has nothing to do with anything, just trying to figure out if there is a connection.
    03-23-2013 09:40 PM
    Set mine up on evo lte and still working great with note 2.

03-24-2013 04:15 AM
    Just got another note, running ma7, get this:

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-2013 05:32 PM
    Hey guys, I got mine to work again. Checkout instructions on xda regarding exposed framework installer and a wallet patch module. Before installing patcher install the r96 wallet apk if you uninstalled it. I'll post pictures below and will also post a link if I can find it. Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37980641
    Simple Google Wallet Install [2013.03.24]

Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)-uploadfromtaptalk1364529734696.jpg
    Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)-uploadfromtaptalk1364529753418.jpg
    Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)-uploadfromtaptalk1364529773017.jpg

03-28-2013 11:02 PM
    Here it is working again:

Let us know if it works for you guys. Forgot to mention, I'm rooted with stock rom. I don't remember if xposed method requires root but I don't think it does.

Attached Thumbnails Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)-uploadfromtaptalk1364529954906.jpg  
    03-28-2013 11:06 PM
    Here it is working again:

Let us know if it works for you guys. Forgot to mention, I'm rooted with stock rom. I don't remember if xposed method requires root but I don't think it does.

Doesn't require root to run, but does require root to install (since it makes a change to /system/bin).
    03-29-2013 09:08 AM
    Doesn't require root to run, but does require root to install (since it makes a change to /system/bin).
    Just checked, you can run and install without root.
    Nevermind, I see xposed app in my superuser list. Sorry to get hopes up. The cool thing is that I rooted my note in under 5 minutes.

03-29-2013 10:12 AM
    So, I had originally downloaded the file directly from the forum to my phone from a browser on my phone. When I did that, the download was successful but I got the "Cannot open file" error. I then decided to download the file on my laptop, move it to my dropbox and then download it from my dropbox on my phone. Doing that allowed me to install the apk and the application is working.
    I'm new to the Android OS community. I was a Palm user until a year ago (I did homebrew it) and spent the last year with a work provided iPhone 4s but finally got a Note II. I was looking forward to Google Wallet (my wife's S3 is so cool). I tried both methods, no luck. The file I downloaded came in as a ZIP file, not an APK. I tried extracting but that didn't get me anywhere. Do I just change the extension, did I get the wrong file? What do I need to do? I really want to get Wallet on my phone.
    03-31-2013 12:35 PM
    Sprint? Verizon? Android version?

Need some answers here to help

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    03-31-2013 08:20 PM
    Sprint? Verizon? Android version?

Need some answers here to help

Sorry, Sprint, Android 4.1.2, the build is MA7.
    04-01-2013 10:46 PM
    Are you rooted? Or adverse to the idea OF rooting?

Easiest thing is download the most recent wallet apk, install, install xposed framework, and install the google wallet patch. Works great on mine.

04-02-2013 08:13 PM
72 123