Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, got the update this morning (finally) and Google Wallet works perfectly! At long last! Now my friends that have Sprint GS3's can stop gloating.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried the apk from the XDA forum linked above and I get "Cannot open file" when I hit it to install. Anyone else? Any ideas?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried the apk from the XDA forum linked above and I get "Cannot open file" when I hit it to install. Anyone else? Any ideas?

That's weird,,, I had a version that did not work after the update so I downloaded from xda and it worked like a charm.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So, I had originally downloaded the file directly from the forum to my phone from a browser on my phone. When I did that, the download was successful but I got the "Cannot open file" error. I then decided to download the file on my laptop, move it to my dropbox and then download it from my dropbox on my phone. Doing that allowed me to install the apk and the application is working.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just letting you guys know that Google Wallet is now function with the new ota (MA7) It isn't available in the play store for the note 2 anymore though, but I downloaded version 1.6 from XDA and it no longer shows the unsupported device screen and gets to the point of showing all my cards. I think someone else posted in a thread about the update, but it seemed important enough to have its own thread.
Google wallet now works with the update to 4.1.2. Thank goodness I kept it on my phone.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Google wallet now works with the update to 4.1.2. Thank goodness I kept it on my phone.
I'm glad I kept it on my phone too unfortunately I've only been able to get it to work once. It worked fine the very first time I used it. The last 5 times I've tried to use it I get an error saying "not approved". WTF Google? Then after being embarrassed at the checkout, I have to use the physical card that I was trying to use in GW in the first place. Ugh...so frustrating to have waited this long to have it and now it's buggy.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I kept it on my phone too unfortunately I've only been able to get it to work once. It worked fine the very first time I used it. The last 5 times I've tried to use it I get an error saying "not approved". WTF Google? Then after being embarrassed at the checkout, I have to use the physical card that I was trying to use in GW in the first place. Ugh...so frustrating to have waited this long to have it and now it's buggy.

Not good. I was able to use it several times without a hitch. Remember that it works best after unlocking the device. So before going into store unlock the device if you have a password. Then just make sure screen is on when you are ready to scan. No need to open or unlock the Google wallet app itself. Let us know if that works.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Erase the card and put it back in manually.

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
So much for Google wallet working every time. Tried to use it at cvs and it acted like it was working and nothing happened. But cvs lady said that the unit was having issues anyway. Hopefully that's what it was.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So much for Google wallet working every time. Tried to use it at cvs and it acted like it was working and nothing happened. But cvs lady said that the unit was having issues anyway. Hopefully that's what it was.

That has never happened to me. I use at cvs on a daily basis. From my evo to my note 2 never did it not work. Was in there today and I was picking up some scripts and made the girls jealous using wallet.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
That has never happened to me. I use at cvs on a daily basis. From my evo to my note 2 never did it not work. Was in there today and I was picking up some scripts and made the girls jealous using wallet.

Your Evo? The Evo lte right?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just tried gwallet at gasb station and it worked perfectly. It was that one unit at cvs that wasn't working correctly. I wish Walmart and target started doing nfc payments. I basically wouldn't need my wallet anymore except for buying alcohol.
Can't wait to see what Samsung wallet will bring to the mobile payment game.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I use Google wallet daily at McDonald's CVS and bp with no issues. U will be surprised how many stores accept Google wallet. Use the MasterCard paypass finder app in the play store

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Evo4g

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I still can't get this to work...followed the link downloaded the apk and it tells me "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile network."

version I downloaded1.6-r96-v13

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
For the people with the Wallet app that stopped working: Did you initially set it up on a device that supported Google wallet?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I originally set mine up on a ns4g. Got secure element brick. Now waiting for my replacement because my note committed suicide last night

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
For the people with the Wallet app that stopped working: Did you initially set it up on a device that supported Google wallet?

I originally set it up on my note 2 after the update to 4.1.2. Worked awesome till couple days ago. My thing is, why is it working for some that aren't rooted and some who aren't rooted its working fine.

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I originally set it up on my note 2 after the update to 4.1.2. Worked awesome till couple days ago. My thing is, why is it working for some that aren't rooted and some who aren't rooted its working fine.

I'm wondering the same thing- I have it working on my GN2 stock, unrooted. I'm curious if it has anything to do with how the service was initialized, if it mattered if the account was once on phone that supports Google Wallet. I opened my account on my NS4G and it still works on my GN2.

Probably has nothing to do with anything, just trying to figure out if there is a connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey