Google Wallet now working with new OTA (MA7)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Set mine up on evo lte and still working great with note 2.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got another note, running ma7, get this:

y2usynu3.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I got mine to work again. Checkout instructions on xda regarding exposed framework installer and a wallet patch module. Before installing patcher install the r96 wallet apk if you uninstalled it. I'll post pictures below and will also post a link if I can find it. Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37980641
Simple Google Wallet Install [2013.03.24]

uploadfromtaptalk1364529734696.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364529753418.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1364529773017.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Here it is working again:

Let us know if it works for you guys. Forgot to mention, I'm rooted with stock rom. I don't remember if xposed method requires root but I don't think it does.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364529954906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364529954906.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 116

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Here it is working again:

Let us know if it works for you guys. Forgot to mention, I'm rooted with stock rom. I don't remember if xposed method requires root but I don't think it does.

Doesn't require root to run, but does require root to install (since it makes a change to /system/bin).

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't require root to run, but does require root to install (since it makes a change to /system/bin).

Just checked, you can run and install without root.
Nevermind, I see xposed app in my superuser list. Sorry to get hopes up. The cool thing is that I rooted my note in under 5 minutes.

Last edited:

RamonaDave

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So, I had originally downloaded the file directly from the forum to my phone from a browser on my phone. When I did that, the download was successful but I got the "Cannot open file" error. I then decided to download the file on my laptop, move it to my dropbox and then download it from my dropbox on my phone. Doing that allowed me to install the apk and the application is working.

I'm new to the Android OS community. I was a Palm user until a year ago (I did homebrew it) and spent the last year with a work provided iPhone 4s but finally got a Note II. I was looking forward to Google Wallet (my wife's S3 is so cool). I tried both methods, no luck. The file I downloaded came in as a ZIP file, not an APK. I tried extracting but that didn't get me anywhere. Do I just change the extension, did I get the wrong file? What do I need to do? I really want to get Wallet on my phone.

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sprint? Verizon? Android version?

Need some answers here to help ;)

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? Or adverse to the idea OF rooting?

Easiest thing is download the most recent wallet apk, install, install xposed framework, and install the google wallet patch. Works great on mine.

RamonaDave

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not rooted and although not adverse to it, if it's possible to install it without rooting that would be my preference. I did root my wife's Epic failure several years ago succesfully but this is a work phone, not personal so if I have a problem it could cause problems.

I thought I did download the most recent wallet apk from the XDA thread that was posted earlier in this thread but it came in as a zip file and my phone gave me an error msg. If you could either post the specific instructions or post a link or url that points me there I can probably handle it. I did see a youtube video that seemed overly complex.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted and although not adverse to it, if it's possible to install it without rooting that would be my preference. I did root my wife's Epic failure several years ago succesfully but this is a work phone, not personal so if I have a problem it could cause problems.

I thought I did download the most recent wallet apk from the XDA thread that was posted earlier in this thread but it came in as a zip file and my phone gave me an error msg. If you could either post the specific instructions or post a link or url that points me there I can probably handle it. I did see a youtube video that seemed overly complex.

After the last couple weeks most gwallet apps all got the not available for your phone message. Only way around that for most is too root and install frameworks app. Only other way is to wait till it's officially released for Sprint note 2. I really don't know what the hold up is. I really think it's Sprint doing this so they can introduce their own version.

mbgibbs13

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This is ridiculous... It's a shame that we can get this officially supported on one of Android's flagship phones - especially when my wife's 2 year old Nexus S has been rocking GW for, well, 2+ years...

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
After the last couple weeks most gwallet apps all got the not available for your phone message. Only way around that for most is too root and install frameworks app. Only other way is to wait till it's officially released for Sprint note 2. I really don't know what the hold up is. I really think it's Sprint doing this so they can introduce their own version.

Nope,, have gotten replys from Google and it's them,, not sprint.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I think it's both Google and Sprint.

Hello Chris,Thanks for your email. I understand that you are unable to use Google Wallet.There was a bug related to how the Wallet app showed up in Google Play and some Galaxy Note II users were able to download the app.*If you are referring to not being able to download the Google Wallet mobile app,*I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.*Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not an eligible device for the Google Wallet mobile app.*We strongly discourage gaining system-level "root" access to your phone if you plan to use Google Wallet as*the security layers of your device may be limited.*You may check the link below, from time to time, to keep you updated on the list of devices Google Wallet is currently available.http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next them.*If you have other questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.Thanks,*GraceThe Google Wallet Team

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the answer I got:

Hello ****,

Thanks for your email.*I understand*you're*concern why is the Samsung Note II is not supported to use the Google Wallet Mobile app and*we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Unfortunately, we do not have any information as to why the Samsung Note II is not eligible to use the Google Wallet Mobile app.*

If you have any additional questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,*

John
The Google Wallet Team

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As I said, the phone is completely capable. Without hacking my phone to make it work, my gf's s3 was using it no problem and she was making fun of me... So I hacked it.

Mweuch

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my note 2 two days ago and installed Google wallet and still won't work. I am using Macks Allstar rom. I might try different rom later on n see if it will work.

Last edited: