Old text messages being hidden/deleted automatically??

bawalker

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone.

Earlier I was on my Note 2 scrolling through my text message history with a certain individual to get some information that I needed, but forgot. When I went back, it showed that the earliest message shown was Feb 6th. However I've been texting this person since mid January when I got this phone and have not deleted any text messages since then. I'm not sure if these older messages are hidden or if Touchwiz is deleting them.

Can someone please clarify and help assist?

Thanks!

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Check your settings under messaging. The stock setting for messages is 200. you can up it to hold it more or not have it delete them until you do it manually

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have always been curious and I'm not being facetious,,, why do people want to save text messages?

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I was going though a nasty custody battle with the ex. We only communicated via texts. She said some pretty damaging things (to her case). It was great that I could show the judge the texts!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was going though a nasty custody battle with the ex. We only communicated via texts. She said some pretty damaging things (to her case). It was great that I could show the judge the texts!

Ahhhh,, very smart.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe you need to setup a voice account for your gmail account, then you should have an option to merge your voicemail/gvoice accounts.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have always been curious and I'm not being facetious,,, why do people want to save text messages?

Saving old texts has pulled my rear out of the fire on a number of occasions where I could prove I told someone something or that they told me something. Just "saved" myself $$$ on a refinancing deal last week because I was able to pull up an old text message

ThunderStorm00

May 9, 2013
Visit site
THIS SUCKS!! Not Deleting Old Messages should be the DEFAULT Option!

This sucks! Why don't they tell us these things in advance or leave it set by default to NOT DELETE old messages by default!! I really need to get to an old text! Is there anyway to get it back please????

Thanks to anyone who can help!

lmorton26

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I didnt know there was a limit set and that it selects automatically to delete - does this mean if i up the limit now its too late? i really need to retreive an old message that i havent selected to delete - please can anyone help?

Lisa

sweet73

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Did anyone ever get an answer as to how to retrieve automatically deleted texts?
I also got caught out by this default and now desperately require my texts back. Im about to go to court and will end up with nothing without the necessary evidence.
Any help would be truly appreciated.

Sam

JBizze

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have to ask the same question... It looks like if you root the phone maybe you can mount the whole volume then scan it. But what a HUGE pain just to get automatically deleted, yet vital texts... BS!

julieT55

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi I was wondering if when you looked in this area you were looking in the call history section where it shows text messages?

In my call history area it is showing that from a certain date and previous there are no text messages. Do you know if when a text is deleted it is them removed from the call log area as well?

Fauziah Gee

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello ! I have a problem . I don't know that my s4 has auto deleted messages .
I have a very important messages with my customer.
Can anyone help me to find out how to retrieve back my auto deleted messages :'(

drelliott

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
First of all where text message settingsomething I can't find it and I dont know what your talking
Is there another way that I could do it I really need to get my text messages back howith do I raise the number of texts
Per conversation? I need help please! Thanks

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
First of all where text message settingsomething I can't find it and I dont know what your talking
Is there another way that I could do it I really need to get my text messages back howith do I raise the number of texts
Per conversation? I need help please! Thanks

Messaging, settings, text message limit.

Iamsilvergirl

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Sorry I have a nexus 5. I've been to messages, settings and made sure no limits but its still deleting my the,ts after 3 months. Is there anything else I can try. I've trawled the internet and the phone but can't find anything ... Thanks xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt