Issues with OTA update

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the recent OTA update (PAMA7)? I am having the following:

1. Huge battery drain - Now with only 2.5 hours of screen on time im down to 5% battery with about 14 hours.
2. Picture Gallery - The picture gallery is now even slower and laggier than the previous version. For all of those that claim this phone doesn't lag must have problems with the eyes.
3. Initiating the camera app from the lock screen is now very slow and laggy as well.

Anyone having these same issues and or any other issues since the update?

pbdc13

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Huge lag when attaching pictures from the photo gallery to a text message.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am no experiencing any lag with the gallery, works perfectly fine for me. The gallery itself is fine as well, no laggyness here either and trust me, I am the king of complaining about laggyness. The camera opens the same way it did before when using a shortcut at the bottom of the lock screen and swiping up to open the camera.

Also, the screen on lag is gone now, the screen comes on much faster than it used to.

Can't really comment on the battery life yet, haven't had it long enough to pass any accurate judgement on that.

lawmanfj

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced any problems on my phone. It has been working well. You try clearing the cache from your apps to speed up the device. I use a cache cleaner that does this automatically.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. Stock gallery actually working better. Before update I had lag now it is working properly.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I can't even get the Gallery to load when trying to change wallpapers. What's weird is it gets stuck when I use TW but when using a alternative launcher it eventually loads. :confused:

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have issues with notifications not coming up anymore and the Swype keyboard is working like it's beta. It's horrible. I wish their was a way to get a better version.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with notifications not coming up anymore and the Swype keyboard is working like it's beta. It's horrible. I wish their was a way to get a better version.

I find the keyboard to work better. What is it doing?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I find the keyboard to work better. What is it doing?

It's taking a while to load after I select a text field and when putting in landscape mode it gets cut in half for a couple seconds. I rebooted and that seemed to help maybe even fix it.

Kalums

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone post the update file? My keeps telling me failed to download and when I click "retry" it doesn't work, for that matter it doesn't do anything. Thx in advance.

Edit: found it in XDA forum thx

Last edited:

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with the stock messaging app. Before the update I was able to use my own personal pic as the background and it would look great. Now if I use my personal pic as the background its way too dark. Not at all like the original. For example if I want to use the hello kitty it won't be bright like the picture. Instead it looks like the second pic. Any ideas?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361412607408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361412607408.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 160
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361412478563.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361412478563.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

yankees177

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing. Have you tried brightening the picture? I would get annoyed a bit because there was no contrast with timestamps. Now there's too much! Need to have the manual option.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same thing. Have you tried brightening the picture? I would get annoyed a bit because there was no contrast with timestamps. Now there's too much! Need to have the manual option.

How do I brighten the picture

WVTip

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Got the OTA this morning in Charleston WV and updated without issue. All seems to be working as before. Good luck with your update!

Last edited:

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I tried using photo editor... no luck... it was a tad better but just washed out. Looks like they really didnt think this change through!

Crap! That sucks....also before the update if I wanted to read a link from facebook I had the option to either read in the browser or in a pop up browser. Now thats gone too. Any idea on how to get it back? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21