I appreciate Sprint for allowing the Samsung keyboard to remain and I love it. Due to the fact that Swiftkey Flow is included with it along with Predictive Text capability. My question is, with the recent announcement that Swiftkey Flow is out of beta, how close is it to what's included in the Samsung keyboard? Are they one of the same or is the standalone Swiftkey Flow app better in swiping and word prediction?

Thoughts?
    02-20-2013 12:50 PM
    In my honest opinion, if you are not using SwiftKey, you are missing a great keyboard experience! I've used it for a couple of years now and absolutley love it! I just downloaded the SwiftKey upgrade and am thrilled SwifKey now has the "flow" keyboard. I have used Swype before and liked it but missed some of the features of SwiftKey. SwiftKey can be customized, has superior word prediction, the keyboard size is adjustable with different color themes, support and upgrades are awesome, etc. The Samsung stock keyboard is just not as good and is boring as compared with SwiftKey. Can't say enough good things about SwiftKey.
    makaroni likes this.
    02-20-2013 01:50 PM
    But the Samsung KB includes Swiftkey Flow within it. I am wondering if it functions just as well as the standalone app.
    02-20-2013 04:57 PM
    But the Samsung KB includes Swiftkey Flow within it. I am wondering if it functions just as well as the standalone app.
    In my opinion SwiftKey is still better than the Samsung KB with flow but one big difference is that Samsung keyboard has the numbers on top whereas SwiftKey you have to switch back and forth between numbers and alphabets. Thanks
    02-20-2013 05:45 PM
    In my opinion SwiftKey is still better than the Samsung KB with flow but one big difference is that Samsung keyboard has the numbers on top whereas SwiftKey you have to switch back and forth between numbers and alphabets. Thanks
    If Swiftkey Flow had the row of numbers, I wouldn't even bother with this post.
    jdefalco and z71kris like this.
    02-20-2013 09:39 PM
    Then Samsung KB is better...
    02-20-2013 09:41 PM
    Just because Samsung has the numbers on top rows doesn't mean it is the better keyboard. Swiftkey flow is way better than Sammy! There's no comparison between these two period! Also word prediction on Swiftkey flow is top notch! Sammy not so much.
    02-21-2013 12:12 AM
    Then Samsung KB is better...
    You came here just write one post to say Sammy is better? Ur funny.
    02-21-2013 12:14 AM
    SwiftKey flow is much much better. Been using SwiftKey for few years now. The neon theme is just fantastic. I will be very happy when they put the numbers in the top row. Only thing I feel is wrong.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-21-2013 11:07 AM
    I have both and honestly there both great. I've been using the Samsung keyboard but since SK flow is out I'll give it a good stress test. There products have always been my favorite.
    02-21-2013 11:07 AM
    Just because Samsung has the numbers on top rows doesn't mean it is the better keyboard. Swiftkey flow is way better than Sammy! There's no comparison between these two period! Also word prediction on Swiftkey flow is top notch! Sammy not so much.
    Have you tried the Sammy after the recent 4.1.2 update to compare?
    02-22-2013 10:17 AM
    The Sammy keyboard and SwiftKey flow are based on the same keyboard. SwiftKey provided the keyboard for Samsung. You either like the features on the standalone SwiftKey or the Samsung, no point on arguing which is better. I tried both and although they are great keyboards I always end up back with Swype. Although I had to install Swype beta since last update screwed up the built in Swype

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-25-2013 09:44 AM
    Somebody told be about Kii keyboard. It is the best of all keyboards all in one. I had been using swift key for 2 years and this Kii keyboard blew me away. Top row numbers, customization up the wazoo.

02-25-2013 11:09 AM
    The Sammy keyboard and SwiftKey flow are based on the same keyboard. SwiftKey provided the keyboard for Samsung. You either like the features on the standalone SwiftKey or the Samsung, no point on arguing which is better. I tried both and although they are great keyboards I always end up back with Swype. Although I had to install Swype beta since last update screwed up the built in Swype

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Swype KB was my kb on the old Samsung Epic and used it for 2 years so I know what you mean. As for the difference between the Samsung KB with Swiftkey Flow and standalone Swiftkey Flow, I hope they keep the improvement updates on the same schedule.

Somebody told be about Kii keyboard. It is the best of all keyboards all in one. I had been using swift key for 2 years and this Kii keyboard blew me away. Top row numbers, customization up the wazoo.

I've heard good things about Kii KB before. I'm not into all the customization as long as they have the major functions I'm looking for. I'll have to check it out.
    zmann likes this.
    02-25-2013 12:39 PM

Have to second this- predictive text is the best out of any keyboard I've tried, swipe functions are on point, customization is neat but, as mentioned above, I'm also not into all of the customization (don't really care if the letters are red or green, etc.)

If pressed:
    1. Kii
    2. Swiftkey Flow
    3. Samsung KB
    zmann and werkx like this.
    02-25-2013 08:21 PM
    I'll say this for sure, i like sammy's # row but swiftkey really got me. I love this keyboard and has really made my typing a bit better. Sure its not the best but its a great keyboard. I love the split keyboard in horizontal mode.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    Attached Thumbnails Swiftkey Flow and Samsung Keyboard-uploadfromtaptalk1361847595184.jpg  
    02-25-2013 08:59 PM
    I'll say this for sure, i like sammy's # row but swiftkey really got me. I love this keyboard and has really made my typing a bit better. Sure its not the best but its a great keyboard. I love the split keyboard in horizontal mode.

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2
    Kii has this feature with options to set how many rows to split.

02-26-2013 04:40 AM
    The one thing I like the Sammy kb over swiftkey flow is one handed operation. I can't find a way to use one handed operation with swiftkey flow on the note 2. I would be using swiftkey if there was. The dictionary on Sammy kb is terrible never learns your words.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-06-2013 07:41 AM
    The one thing I like the Sammy kb over swiftkey flow is one handed operation. I can't find a way to use one handed operation with swiftkey flow on the note 2. I would be using swiftkey if there was. The dictionary on Sammy kb is terrible never learns your words.

Even when you tap on the new word to tell it to add to the personal dictionary it silk won't show up the next time? Interesting. It does for me. Hmmm...
    03-06-2013 12:27 PM
    Even when you tap on the new word to tell it to add to the personal dictionary it silk won't show up the next time? Interesting. It does for me. Hmmm...
    No it won't. I have read that others are having the same issue.

03-06-2013 07:34 PM
    No it won't. I have read that others are having the same issue.

I see you posted from the VZ version of the Note2. I assumed you were on Sprint and using latest OS 4.1.2. Not sure what VZN has in store for you all.
    03-07-2013 09:09 AM
    I just went and tested out both keyboards, after reading this thread. It seems that swiftkey is the better keyboard. It learns much quicker and has better prediction. The Samsung keyboard isn't bad and has the number row, however, it isn't as good as the swiftkey one.
    03-07-2013 02:41 PM
    I just went and tested out both keyboards, after reading this thread. It seems that swiftkey is the better keyboard. It learns much quicker and has better prediction. The Samsung keyboard isn't bad and has the number row, however, it isn't as good as the swiftkey one.
    Cool. Are you running 4.1.2 version?
    03-07-2013 04:09 PM