1. jdnmusic's Avatar
    I've read a few people with this problem, but every time I click on a text it takes SECONDS for the swype keyboard to even appear. And it's glitchy now. All this happened immediately after the update. I created this thread to draw attention to this issue and hope swype or sprint sends a fix ASAP. Thanks!
    02-21-2013 01:37 PM
  2. yankeesusa's Avatar
    I've read a few people with this problem, but every time I click on a text it takes SECONDS for the swype keyboard to even appear. And it's glitchy now. All this happened immediately after the update. I created this thread to draw attention to this issue and hope swype or sprint sends a fix ASAP. Thanks!
    I just posted the same problem in another thread. I contacted Samsung regarding this and they recommended this:
    Power off phone through the power button. After its completely off take battery out for at least 2 minutes. Then turn it back on and try Swype again. For me personally it resolved the lag issue. Let me know if it works for you.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-21-2013 02:00 PM
  3. jdnmusic's Avatar
    I just posted the same problem in another thread. I contacted Samsung regarding this and they recommended this:
    Power off phone through the power button. After its completely off take battery out for at least 2 minutes. Then turn it back on and try Swype again. For me personally it resolved the lag issue. Let me know if it works for you.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Nope, didn't work for me. Figures lol. It's never that damn easy!!
    02-21-2013 05:30 PM
  4. yankeesusa's Avatar
    Nope, didn't work for me. Figures lol. It's never that damn easy!!
    That sucks. On mine it's no longer delayed. I hope you figure it out.
    One other thing you can try is resetting the settings on Swype.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-21-2013 07:33 PM
  5. makaroni's Avatar
    Forget the stock keyboard. Try SwiftKey Flow. It's on sale in the play store and is amazing. I'm hooked! I've used the regular SwiftKey for a while now and it just got an update with flow which is like swype and I'm telling you that you may never go back to typing again. For two bucks I'm telling you It's worth a shot. You can always get a refund within the 15 minute time frame if you don't like it so u got nothing to lose.

    I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    02-21-2013 07:59 PM
  6. jdnmusic's Avatar
    Forget the stock keyboard. Try SwiftKey Flow. It's on sale in the play store and is amazing. I'm hooked! I've used the regular SwiftKey for a while now and it just got an update with flow which is like swype and I'm telling you that you may never go back to typing again. For two bucks I'm telling you It's worth a shot. You can always get a refund within the 15 minute time frame if you don't like it so u got nothing to lose.

    I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    Are you a swift key employee or something? Lol. I tried it once a couple years ago and I liked swype much better. Tell me why it's so superior?? I do hear lots of people praise it
    02-21-2013 08:37 PM
  7. yankeesusa's Avatar
    Forget the stock keyboard. Try SwiftKey Flow. It's on sale in the play store and is amazing. I'm hooked! I've used the regular SwiftKey for a while now and it just got an update with flow which is like swype and I'm telling you that you may never go back to typing again. For two bucks I'm telling you It's worth a shot. You can always get a refund within the 15 minute time frame if you don't like it so u got nothing to lose.

    I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    I tried it. But like every other swiping keyboard I always end up going back to swype.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-21-2013 08:41 PM
  8. makaroni's Avatar
    Are you a swift key employee or something? Lol. I tried it once a couple years ago and I liked swype much better. Tell me why it's so superior?? I do hear lots of people praise it
    Lmao I read my post and thought "hey I do sound like I work for SwiftKey". But not the case. Have always been a fan and with the flow feature, I'm able to "swype" sentences and never take my finger off of the keyboard. Once you're finished swyping a word, you swype down to the space bar and it adds the space and then you can start on the next word without lifting your finger off of the screen. The word predictions are very accurate and it learns from the way you type. It will learn from your sms, Facebook, Twitter and email and predict words that are tailored to your specific way of typing. No lie man, I swear I'm hooked and I never swyped in my life b4 now.
    Not an employee, just someone recommending what I think is keyboard genius lol.

    I tried it. But like every other swiping keyboard I always end up going back to swype.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    To each their own. Some of us just like what we like so I can understand that. I haven't used the stock keyboard since SwiftKey came out so it's been a while for me but I just figured that SwiftKey wouldn't be so popular if the stock keyboard and "swype" were better. Not knocking you, I am just really pleased with SwiftKey Flow and just throwing it out there that it is at least worth a try for people who swype

    I am Samsungma Bin Laden, leader of the Android Taliban. I will blow up 1,000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    02-22-2013 03:41 AM
  9. seoulbrova's Avatar
    I've read a few people with this problem, but every time I click on a text it takes SECONDS for the swype keyboard to even appear. And it's glitchy now. All this happened immediately after the update. I created this thread to draw attention to this issue and hope swype or sprint sends a fix ASAP. Thanks!
    I had this issue and noticed that I had "Swype" selected as my default keyboard instead of "Swype 1.4"

    When I changed that, all the lag went away.

    Also, I tried swiftkey flow beta and even swiftkey 4 because it was on sale...the actual "swipe" of words is not as good as swype. Even with the issues that swype has, I think it is the best keyboard for swiping words.
    02-22-2013 11:12 AM
  10. yankeesusa's Avatar
    I had this issue and noticed that I had "Swype" selected as my default keyboard instead of "Swype 1.4"

    When I changed that, all the lag went away.

    Also, I tried swiftkey flow beta and even swiftkey 4 because it was on sale...the actual "swipe" of words is not as good as swype. Even with the issues that swype has, I think it is the best keyboard for swiping words.
    On the note 2 you only have one version of Swype. If you have one that says 1.4 then you have 2 copies. The good thing is that I decided to install Swype beta and it works flawless. The stock Swype is still lagging, even worse now. Samsung screwed it with this update. I hope they fix it soon.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-22-2013 04:45 PM
  11. jdnmusic's Avatar
    Where do you get the beta from?? I went in and force stopped the app and cleared the cache and that helped, it works normally about 60 percent of the time but still has this delay the other 40%
    02-22-2013 06:51 PM
  12. yankeesusa's Avatar
    Where do you get the beta from?? I went in and force stopped the app and cleared the cache and that helped, it works normally about 60 percent of the time but still has this delay the other 40%
    Just Google Swype beta. You install the Swype installer apk then that installs the actual Swype apk then you register with Swype and they send you an activation code.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-22-2013 07:08 PM
  13. temperancexoxo's Avatar
    I had swype lag issue after updated.
    I contacted Samsung support online-chat. The tech helped me to solve the issue. Here is how:

    Settings>Application Manager> All applications
    Fina Swype and "clear data".
    You might need to re-download the language (other than English for my case) again. Wala~ issue fixed.

    I hope this help.
    10-15-2013 04:16 PM
  14. Aykut Mumbai's Avatar
    Try unselecting other keyboards than swype.

    Settings > Language & input
    you uncheck all other methods that swype ( means NO android keyboard)
    12-12-2013 01:58 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Confused with the new update that Sprint is rolling out.
    By aquaholik in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 03:21 PM
  2. So with the new updates, can I still root and WiFi hotspot?
    By dbornack in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 10:31 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 07:05 PM
  4. my problems with the new update, anyone else?
    By xscraper in forum LG Optimus S
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 12:20 AM
  5. Problem with the new gallery
    By nickf126 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD