Nfc tags are fantastic

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You find a good deal on them tiles? They are expensive, that's why I chose tags.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It only took 2 weeks, but I finally got my NFC tags in. I love these things. They can do so much and make things so much easier.

I think my only gripe is that they can't be used while the phone is locked. Saying that, I understand why they don't do this. People would be raging if their phone could be made to do things with people just walking by. With pickpocketing being an art, I imagine NFC attacks would be next. Still, would be much more convenient if it worked like this, but they still are pretty convenient. :p

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There is a mod to turn it on while screen off... must be rooted though

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
it would affect gw... but pin has to be input. It's over on xda in the themes and mods section

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I can't find a setting to do this, so I don't think I can, but figured I'd ask and make sure in case someone has a better eye than me.

Is there a way to turn off mobile network types? I know in NFC Task Launcher, not the Samsung app, we can turn off mobile data, but I can't find anything that lets you choose network types. i.e. when I'm home I can turn off LTE and when I leave I can turn on LTE. I can do this via the settings, but having this automated via NFC would save a lot of time.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a setting to do this, so I don't think I can, but figured I'd ask and make sure in case someone has a better eye than me.

Is there a way to turn off mobile network types? I know in NFC Task Launcher, not the Samsung app, we can turn off mobile data, but I can't find anything that lets you choose network types. i.e. when I'm home I can turn off LTE and when I leave I can turn on LTE. I can do this via the settings, but having this automated via NFC would save a lot of time.

If you mean toggling mobile data (LTE) on and off, yes I have mine set up that way. I toggle mobile DATA (LTE) to on and toggle my wifi to off. I hope this helps.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant LTE only. The mobile data toggle will turn off data completely for LTE, 3G and E. I can turn off LTE only in the settings while still keeping a connection open to 3G. I'm looking for a way to do that with NFC tags. I thought mobile data would do it, but it only has an on off toggle. I was hoping it would have more options such as all on, all off, lte on, lte off, 3g on, 3g off, etc.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant LTE only. The mobile data toggle will turn off data completely for LTE, 3G and E. I can turn off LTE only in the settings while still keeping a connection open to 3G. I'm looking for a way to do that with NFC tags. I thought mobile data would do it, but it only has an on off toggle. I was hoping it would have more options such as all on, all off, lte on, lte off, 3g on, 3g off, etc.

You can email the guy that created the app, if he tells you that the app currently doesn't support that, perhaps he'll add it, especially considering the popularity of Samsung phones. He's easy to chat with and his email is in the app.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Didn't even think about requesting it. Figured if it wasn't there, he wouldn't listen to me. :p

I'll give a try, see what happens. :)

RamonaDave

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My guest network requires guests to enter the password on a webpage (I have the page opening automatically). Is there any way I can have the NFC tag automatically fill in the password?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My guest network requires guests to enter the password on a webpage (I have the page opening automatically). Is there any way I can have the NFC tag automatically fill in the password?

Yes,, you have to set the tag up with the pass code, like mine is the picture

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366473376831.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366473376831.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 65

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 2 free nfc tags today gonna figure out how and program them here soon ill let ya know how it goes

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The NFC Task Launcher app devs will send you two free.

Just download the app, send a tweet, and in a few weeks you will receive your free tags.

Sent from my HTC DNA

I did that 3 times and no free tags so good luck.. I just bought a bunch of them. Have about 50 of them in a draw. When ever I find another use for one I go to the tag draw lol.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thats how I got my 2 free tags im not even on twitter just said I was and still they mailed em to me took about 2 weeks to get em tho

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

bkhoste

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
NFC tags are awesome, I got my two free and set on on my locker at work to mute all my sounds and added a switch to turn all the sounds on at the end of the day. I works great, I now cannot stop thinking about other things I can set a tag for. I will be buying more tags soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC