11-14-2013 02:48 PM
71 123
tools
    I received my order of nfc tags and other than the seller messing up what was supposed to be sent to me, nfc tags are awesome. I am putting them everywhere I need like for instance,, before I put my phone on the dock beside my bed I always open my "smart clock" app. Now all I have to do is tap the tag I programmed to do that and stuck to the wall near my dock. In my living where I sit when I come home I always put wifi on,,, I now just have to tap the tag on side of my couch and the task is done.. We have this technology,, why not use it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    androidluvr2 and bkhoste like this.
    02-21-2013 05:47 PM
    Wow, nobody interested in nfc tags . Lol.

02-22-2013 01:24 PM
    It sounds like fun to set them up, i just gotta remember to grab some, lol. Thanks for the thread. I'm always amazed at what uses everyone finds for them. Looking forward to trying them out!

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    zmann likes this.
    02-22-2013 03:16 PM
    I walk to work with a backpack on. I paying for my coffee with the dunkin donuts app. I programmed a tag to open that app and stuck it to the backpack strap across my chest. Now i just have to tap tag at register and app opens up. Lady at the register already had told me that so far my phone is the best one she has had to scan and when she seen me open the app with a tap I really blew her mind lol.

keebs29 and badbrad17 like this.
    02-22-2013 05:39 PM
    I have a tag near my front door for guests to tap. It confires and connects them to my guest network.
    Hae one on my dash that toggles wifi and Bluetooth for driving (wifi off,Bluetooth on - 2nd tap toggles)..
    What app do you use to do your NFC actions?
    02-23-2013 12:41 AM
    I use "nfc task launcher". I am going to do that for my front door also. That is one of the suggestions the article I read said to do. It's a good one. As far as my car goes at first I was going to do one for the car until I remembered that when I plug the charging arm into my phone on my ibolt dock everything I want to happen automatically happens anyway so really don't need one in the car. I made a bluetooth toggle tag and put it next to where I charge my bluetooth headphones. Now when I go get my headphones I just have to tap the tag to turn on bluetooth. I'm loving tags.

02-23-2013 07:05 AM
    So where and how does one use nfc tags? My Galaxy Nexus has the ability and I've downloaded the Starbucks app but I don't know how to use it? Any lessons or tutorials out there?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    02-23-2013 11:50 AM
    So where and how does one use nfc tags? My Galaxy Nexus has the ability and I've downloaded the Starbucks app but I don't know how to use it? Any lessons or tutorials out there?

Starbucks doesn't use NFC, they scan the barcode from the app. When you tap on pay now it displays a bar/qr code and they scan that..

Unfortunately I forgot where I bought mine, but some of the sites have info on how to set up.. But using the Samsung smart tag and NFC tasked, it's pretty easy to play with..

I have one on a keychain that has my contact info..
    02-23-2013 01:33 PM
    I just use nfc tag at my work so it turns off my ringer. I have tried location based apps and they are kinda spotty.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note II
    02-23-2013 01:39 PM

Once you have them its easy. You open the app,, step by step you setup what you want a particular tag to do and then at the end it tells you to tap a tag and boom,, that tag is programed. They have very strong adhesive on the back so you can stick one anywhere.

bcurt10 likes this.
    02-23-2013 03:12 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Nfc tags are fantastic-uploadfromtaptalk1361654000804.jpg  
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-23-2013 03:13 PM
    These NFC tags are awesome, so far I have mine set up for when I need to run errands (wifi off, blue tooth on), unfortunately I haven't found an app that will allow me to toggle data on/off). Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to program my NFC tag to do that?

Frank

Edit: If you download/use the NFC Task Launcher app, they will send you 2 FREE tags.

Sent from my Jelly Bean flavored HTC DROID DNA
    03-05-2013 12:34 AM
    These NFC tags are awesome, so far I have mine set up for when I need to run errands (wifi off, blue tooth on), unfortunately I haven't found an app that will allow me to toggle data on/off). Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to program my NFC tag to do that?

Frank

Edit: If you download/use the NFC Task Launcher app, they will send you 2 FREE tags.

I have been using that app for a month now and still no 2 free,, no matter, I have about 50 tags I'm still not using lol. Yes, I bought alot of them. My favorite is my keychain tag. I have it program to open Google wallet.

03-05-2013 05:02 AM
    I like that (using it to open Google Wallet).. My keychain has my contact card on it..
    03-05-2013 07:02 AM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/05/uqa7y5y2.jpg

I have been using that app for a month now and still no 2 free,, no matter, I have about 50 tags I'm still not using lol. Yes, I bought alot of them. My favorite is my keychain tag. I have it program to open Google wallet.

zmann, did you do the tweet that the app mentions, to get the free tags? I received my tags in a little under 2 weeks.

03-05-2013 07:57 AM
    zmann, did you do the tweet that the app mentions, to get the free tags? I received my tags in a little under 2 weeks.

Yea I did,,, nothing. Hmmmm

03-05-2013 08:38 AM
    Yea I did,,, nothing. Hmmmm

Email them, they will take care of it. If you don't have their email, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

zmann likes this.
    03-05-2013 08:44 AM
    Email them, they will take care of it. If you don't have their email, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

That's cool,, thanks for the help. What I did was the retweet again, if that doesn't work no biggie. Like I said I have about 50 tags not yet used, lol. I have 10 in use. I don't think I may even use up what I have in the rest of my lifetime. Lol. Thanks for looking out :thumbup:

03-05-2013 10:57 AM
    That's cool,, thanks for the help. What I did was the retweet again, if that doesn't work no biggie. Like I said I have about 50 tags not yet used, lol. I have 10 in use. I don't think I may even use up what I have in the rest of my lifetime. Lol. Thanks for looking out :thumbup:

You can always send some this way...

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network
    zmann and gnr_2 like this.
    03-08-2013 11:18 PM
    This is awesome! I never knew you could do all those things with nfc tags, will be ordering some soon to put on my front door for wifi for guest and my contact info on my key chain!
    zmann likes this.
    03-11-2013 06:21 AM
    Free tags aside how much do they run?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    03-11-2013 07:01 AM
    Free tags aside how much do they run?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    It varies tremendously, but if you go through the NFC Task Manager app, you get 20+ for $20.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA
    03-11-2013 07:07 AM
    I recently created a tag for when I run errands that toggles wifi off, data on, bluetooth on, navigation on and it will text an I love you to my wife, when I return, it toggles wifi on, data off bluetooth off, and navigation off. This is just one tag with plenty of space left to program much more. Have fun with them.

Frank

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA
    03-11-2013 07:16 AM
    This is awesome! I never knew you could do all those things with nfc tags, will be ordering some soon to put on my front door for wifi for guest and my contact info on my key chain!
    Its very cool for sure. Last thing I do every night with my phone right before I put it on the dock is tap a tag that opens my alarm clock app.

03-11-2013 08:35 AM
    Where did you get the tags that work with our phones? I am curious to get some and try them out.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-12-2013 09:46 PM
71 123