I have an odd question about wifi connections. My phone naturally auto connects with my home network. Can I set it up to connect with whatever wifi network I happen to be in the area of if I have the security password or if it's an open network? For example. I leave my house and travel to my sister's house and my phone auto connects to her wifi network? Or I leave my house and go to the library where they have free Wifi. Any info would be great.
    02-24-2013 10:49 AM
    Go in settings,, mobile networks, and go to connection optimizer. Thats where you can set that up

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-24-2013 12:58 PM
    Go in settings,, mobile networks, and go to connection optimizer. Thats where you can set that up

Thanks zmann. I'll give it a try and see how it works out as I want.
    02-24-2013 01:42 PM
    Only problem I have with leaving wifi on is, when your driving around your phone connects to any open network. You go to use your phone and all of a sudden you can't open a Web page because your connected to a very weak wifi signal when I could be connected to my lte network. Thats why I leave wifi off when I leave the house. If I'm somewhere that has wifi I just turn it on.

gnr_2 likes this.
    02-24-2013 02:07 PM
    Pretty much once you log in once, it will remember it the next time. But as stated above, if you have connected to "Linksys" at your sister's house, it will try to apply those same security details any time you come in contact with a "Linksys" signal. Same for say hhhonors or another "generic" wifi name. And once it switches or tries to switch to wifi, your data connection stops working EVEN if you don't actually connect.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    02-24-2013 02:34 PM
    Only problem I have with leaving wifi on is, when your driving around your phone connects to any open network. You go to use your phone and all of a sudden you can't open a Web page because your connected to a very weak wifi signal when I could be connected to my lte network. Thats why I leave wifi off when I leave the house. If I'm somewhere that has wifi I just turn it on.

Mine had never connected to any random open network... it just pops up a prompt telling me to set up a hotspot, and I ignore it.

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network
    02-26-2013 10:32 PM