Has anyone here who uses Handcent (or considered it) read the following:

Information Technology Enthusiast Handcent SMS logs all your sent messages

I don't like the fact that you have to log-in to gain access to some of the features, but I also don't like GoSMS, so options are limited here.
    02-24-2013 12:57 PM
    This is first phone I've had that I actually love the stock app. I use to use handcent. Now that you can use your own background on the stock app it's even better.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-24-2013 02:12 PM
    This is first phone I've had that I actually love the stock app. I use to use handcent. Now that you can use your own background on the stock app it's even better.

If only the stock app could do group texting :-(
    02-27-2013 09:01 PM
    Tried chomp?

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network
    02-28-2013 04:44 PM
    Tried chomp?

To be honest, I never really gave it a fair shot. Do you like it better than Handcent or GoSMS?
    02-28-2013 07:07 PM
    I used to use handcent but switched to chomp I wanna say... a year and a half or more ago... don't use anything but now.

02-28-2013 08:20 PM
    I love chomp...

Used it on my jailbroke iPhone 3Gs....

Then paid for it on my droid... This is my second droid, and I still use it...

I wasn't a fan a Handcent...

Good luck...

HitchHiker's Guide in my GalaxyS3
    tirith and SCD23x like this.
    02-28-2013 08:24 PM
    It does have many features of handcent, but I personally just liked chomp better, seems to be what handcent used to be 2 years ago... great.

TheJestor and SCD23x like this.
    02-28-2013 08:27 PM
    It does have many features of handcent, but I personally just liked chomp better, seems to be what handcent used to be 2 years ago... great.

Agreed- Nothing could touch Handcent back when I had my NS4G. I always found it odd that you had to log-in for many of the Handcent features in the latest version- then when I read the article I posted above I figured something wasn't right.
    02-28-2013 08:32 PM
    As far as notification popup settings with handcent, Does anyone know how to get the popup to appear on the home screen? Mine pops up on a new blank screen altogether. I want it to show on my home screen. Ive seen pictures where it shows on home screen's but i cannot seem to figure out how to do this.

Anyone?!
    04-01-2013 01:37 PM
    I've been using Handcent forever. I get home screen popups all the time. I think I disabled the notifications on the stock app and enabled them on handcent, works for me.

I should mention that I don't log in to Handcent use the full features.
    04-02-2013 08:32 AM
    I use to love handcent but when I got the note 2, for the first time I actually liked the stock messaging app. Change the background,, get a nice font and I was good to go, , still handcent was pretty cool.

04-02-2013 11:00 AM
    There's one more thing Samsung needs to add to the stock messaging app that I miss from back when I used handcent.... being able to set a different notification sound for different people. It's very convenient to know who's texting you just by the sound.
    04-02-2013 01:20 PM
    There's one more thing Samsung needs to add to the stock messaging app that I miss from back when I used handcent.... being able to set a different notification sound for different people. It's very convenient to know who's texting you just by the sound.
    Well the option is there right now in the note 2,,it's just broken right now,, not working . It should be fixed in the next update.

04-02-2013 01:24 PM
    It is? Where?
    04-02-2013 01:46 PM
    On the contact page. At the bottom, below where you set ringtones for individual contacts.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    04-02-2013 08:15 PM
    On the contact page. At the bottom, below where you set ringtones for individual contacts.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    Well, you're right, it's there, and zmann is right as well, it doesn't work. :-(
    04-02-2013 09:12 PM
    Read where Handcent captures and stores text messages. I am so not cool with that! I downloaded Chomp and find it to be very similar to Handcent. I like it so far. Have a question though, is there a way to make the typing screen bigger like Handcent? I miss seeing the big screen when I have to send a lengthy text. Thanks.

EDIT: 4/22 - Guess I will have to get used to the screen expanding as the message fills with more text. Does anyone know how to remove the dots in front of the sender message? I know the message is being sent from me and visually, it bothers me a little to see the dots.
    04-21-2013 12:02 PM