Kii keyboard

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who like swift key like myself then you must try this.this is swift key on steroids. Somebody just pleaded with me to give this keyboard a try and I am blown away. FYI has top row numbers.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have been using latest version of swift key. I have been using only swift key for 2years and I told my friend I would not ever change. I am open minded so I gave Kii a look. Its everything swift key is x 10.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep I made the switch when I got my note 2 also. I wanted a better keyboard but didn't want to lose that top number row. There's a crazy amount of customization options also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The customizing is endless. Very very nice. I can't thank my buddy enough. The slide features are the best I've ever used

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Using now- first impression was that the autocorrect was much better than SwiftKey. No matter how many times I used the 4 letter word for excrement that begins with an S and ends with a T it would never learn it. Kii knows whats up right off the bat.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Setting up gestures is cool. You will be customizing for hours. There is so much you can do.

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
After a couple days, I find it making corrections that make no sense. I also found the swype feature to be less accurate that SwiftKey Flow.

I'll probably get flamed for this- but I have yet to see an Android keyboard with the accuracy and intuitiveness of the iPhone. The screen is 2 in. bigger than the iPhone that I had- yet the words that end up on the screen are much less accurate/correct.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
We bought two of them off EBay (Thanks, Mr. Anonymous!) and I had to drive two hours both ways to get them at 1am. Fun times.

It was a good thing we did it that way, though, because we don't live in a 3G area and they wouldn't have been sold at local stores.

Opinion. I've been using Swype for just about forever now... (Well at least 2 years) and I hardly ever have to go back and fix a word...

~ swyped from my g-note2 on the now network

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Opinion. I've been using Swype for just about forever now... (Well at least 2 years) and I hardly ever have to go back and fix a word...

I truly have no idea where the quote in your post originated, but I agree- I had Swype on my NS4G and loved it. I think I will give it another try.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. I've really liked the Kii keyboard but autocorrect stinks to high heaven. It never corrects when my name is misspelled. It's in the dictionary in that it doesn't try to change it if I type it correctly, but if I type just one letter off, it has no clue. Also simple things like "eady" changes to ready. Easy not even an option or "wirry" changes to sorry not worry. It often just accepts the misspelled words, like eee or tdat. That's not acceptable. I left the stock keyboard because of crappy autocorrect but I don't know whether to keep trying Kii with its updates now that the premium features ie customization, are no longer available. I do not like SwiftKey though for typing, but I'm getting better at their flow. If I thought I could use it for everything, I would be happy.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

Sigh. I've really liked the Kii keyboard but autocorrect stinks to high heaven. It never corrects when my name is misspelled. It's in the dictionary in that it doesn't try to change it if I type it correctly, but if I type just one letter off, it has no clue. Also simple things like "eady" changes to ready. Easy not even an option or "wirry" changes to sorry not worry. It often just accepts the misspelled words, like eee or tdat. That's not acceptable. I left the stock keyboard because of crappy autocorrect but I don't know whether to keep trying Kii with its updates now that the premium features ie customization, are no longer available. I do not like SwiftKey though for typing, but I'm getting better at their flow. If I thought I could use it for everything, I would be happy.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

This post explains my feelings exactly. Personally, I'd forego all types of customization to have a strong auto-correct feature.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where either... tapatalk error? I quoted zmann.

But I'm not leaving Swype

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Over the last few days I have noticed what you say about auto correct. That has become the deal breaker for me. The new version of swiftkey has incredible auto correct. Kii would definitely be the best keyboard out there if they fixed the auto correct. I will definitely keep it installed and keep an eye on the updates but in the mean time it's swiftkey flow I will be using.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded the latest version of Kii and I'm giving AI another try (apparently uninstalling and reinstalling resets your trial period). I have had my phone since Sept. I really need to settle on a keyboard!

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
To me- all Android keyboards lack some type of functioning based on probability.

For example, "B" is clearly directly next to "N", so if I'm trying to type "now" and instead type "bow", a keyboard should correct that to "now", as the word "now" is probably used in a ratio of 100:1 to "bow". I'd rather correct "bow" to "now" that one time, than "bow" to "now" 100.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the latest version of Kii and I'm giving AI another try (apparently uninstalling and reinstalling resets your trial period). I have had my phone since Sept. I really need to settle on a keyboard!

I don't need to worry about that seeing as through I got the paid version. Even if I don't end up using it at least I showed my appreciation to the app developers for all the hard work they put in.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't need to worry about that seeing as through I got the paid version. Even if I don't end up using it at least I showed my appreciation to the app developers for all the hard work they put in.

It crashes my browser when I'm typing in Hotmail. I reported it and they said it's only happening on a few devices so fixing it is a low priority. The only way I can find out if it's fixed, is to try it after each update, which is why I have to be able to keep using it after the trial period. If it is still there, I uninstall. If the problem goes away, I'm buying! That keyboard is perfect, though the space key is smaller than I remembered. I love the undo function and that's worth me putting up with most anything, except my browser crashing (and I've tried it on multiple browsers). Since all my accounts are msn.com accounts, I can't really tolerate it.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
To me- all Android keyboards lack some type of functioning based on probability.

For example, "B" is clearly directly next to "N", so if I'm trying to type "now" and instead type "bow", a keyboard should correct that to "now", as the word "now" is probably used in a ratio of 100:1 to "bow". I'd rather correct "bow" to "now" that one time, than "bow" to "now" 100.
That's what's nice about Swiftkey. They figure out where you are trying to touch based on your typing patterns so they know what to correct to. I just hate that backing up doesn't undo the change. Typing something over and over to keep having it "autocorrect" is beyond frustrating.

VioletStarrs

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
That's all good, but you failed to mention:

★ALL premium features are free to use, but they will be reset every hour. Upgrade to premium via the in-app purchase to remove such interruption★

How much is all that?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay