Android 4.1.2 update, (what's new, what have you noticed)

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically, you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery. Then go into that recovery, wipe your system files and flash the ljc file.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Basically, you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery. Then go into that recovery, wipe your system files and flash the ljc file.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

This is all foreign to me, I have never rooted my phone and wouldn't know how to do it. So if you can give me step by step instructions on how to get back to the original firmware of LJC I will be so happy.:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This is all foreign to me, I have never rooted my phone and wouldn't know how to do it. So if you can give me step by step instructions on how to get back to the original firmware of LJC I will be so happy.:)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Have you searched the forums. I'm sure there is a thread with the instructions you need.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically, download the toolkit to your pc. Unzip the files and install the program (path ends with a .exe and Windows will tell you it's an application)

That tells you step by step exactly what to do, up to the download the revert to ljc file and flash that...

To make it even easier, in the toolkit, it'll ask if you want to check for an update, type no.

Option 42.
Option 1. (Unplug device from computer before doing that)

It may bring you back to the first screen, which if so, option 42 again

Option 2.
Option 4 (simplest for what you'll need)

From there, it will tell you step by step what you need to do

I find TWRP is easier to use on this phone, so I would choose option 2 after typing no from here.

I would walk you through farther, but I don't really want to flash recovery to my phone again, and it tells you step by step exactly what you need to do.

When you revert to ljc, your phone will be unrooted and back to factory default.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Then youtube would be your friend. You could literally watch someone do it.

I did put step by step on there, but qbking77 did have a video doing this on his YouTube channel.

edit: went onto my pc because i was right there and was using it while writing my previous post:

How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [ALL VARIANTS] - YouTube

qbking77's video on how to root the phone. if you're running MA7 (4.1.2), the LJC option SHOULD work just fine, i've used it once. (option 42 on main screen)

and of course, you WOULD WANT TO CHOOSE A ROOT OPTION THAT INCLUDES A CUSTOM RECOVERY, so you can put the Revert to LJC files on your SD card, go into recovery mode (easiest way, from power off, hold volume up, home button, and power at the same time... with TWRP, it'll start with the normal Samsung Galaxy Note II screen, followed by a "TEAMWIN" blue screen. You would want to choose the "WIPE" option, Factory Reset (will clear all data, so if you have anything on your phone you want to keep, i suggest saving it to your PC before doing this step). use the back button in the bottom right, go to install, navigate to the Revert to LJC zip (wherever you put it on your SD card - make sure you save it to your external SD card, or else you are in for problems here) and let it do its thing. Step by step instructions are in the download thread.)

if you have any further questions, feel free to reply here or send me a PM and i can certainly help you out.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I did put step by step on there, but qbking77 did have a video doing this on his YouTube channel.

edit: went onto my pc because i was right there and was using it while writing my previous post:

How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 [ALL VARIANTS] - YouTube

qbking77's video on how to root the phone. if you're running MA7 (4.1.2), the LJC option SHOULD work just fine, i've used it once. (option 42 on main screen)

and of course, you WOULD WANT TO CHOOSE A ROOT OPTION THAT INCLUDES A CUSTOM RECOVERY, so you can put the Revert to LJC files on your SD card, go into recovery mode (easiest way, from power off, hold volume up, home button, and power at the same time... with TWRP, it'll start with the normal Samsung Galaxy Note II screen, followed by a "TEAMWIN" blue screen. You would want to choose the "WIPE" option, Factory Reset (will clear all data, so if you have anything on your phone you want to keep, i suggest saving it to your PC before doing this step). use the back button in the bottom right, go to install, navigate to the Revert to LJC zip (wherever you put it on your SD card - make sure you save it to your external SD card, or else you are in for problems here) and let it do its thing. Step by step instructions are in the download thread.)

Yeah, you did ... but she seems really insecure about it so the visual might benefit her.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm willing to help with any way that i possibly can, in case you've noticed - i remembered seeing the video somewhere on here (i think in the root thread....) but i just went to youtube and typed in qbking77 and clicked on "qbking77 galaxy note 2" and it was the second option. no big loss ;) i don't do anything in the evenings but chat on the phone with my fiancee who is currently 750 miles away....

Alley Pat

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Have the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2, got an update two days ago, ever since, can't make calls. No 3G/4G at all. Only wifi. WTF? I've been backing up everything, guess I'll have to go back to factory settings? This is so sad cuz today, my car dies too, and me out on the highway with no working phone. Fun. Ideas?

Alley Pat

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
update: took 2 days, dunno what I did, opened case up (again) popped out battery and this time the SD card too, now it works. go figure.thanks for being here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR