10-28-2013 04:06 PM
35 12
tools
    Got my update yesterday, things I've noticed; Positives: firefox is now on the multi window menu, default browser is quicker when loading pages, when u hover the S pen over a folder on your home page it shows a preview of all theappswithin that folder, Google wallet works!, options to customize notification bar, options to use volume keys to zoom in and out on camera, notification menu bar is now black instead of gray and the gallery seems to load much faster even the sd card photos and synced photos from Facebook and Pocasa load almost instantly, galary interface is better with better preview window and viewing options. Negative: smart stay eye on notification bar stays on constantly, whenever you wake up your phone by pressing the home button the recently usedappsmenu pops up automatically! Very very annoying, pop up tips that seem to show up randomly telling you stuff you already know, also the default browser is automatically picked as your browser instead of chrome or Firefox.

I've also noticed that when u copy something to the clipboard and paste it in s-note, it now pastes on page 1 of the document u have open which is great! Before it would paste to a new page and you'd have to cut and re paste on the 1st page then go back and delete the new pages created by the original paste.
    02-25-2013 07:46 AM
    I just noticed that the smart stay eye lights up bright every 1 minute or so, so it may not have the camera on the entire time. It appears that maybe the icon stays on but the camera only comes on periodically when the icon lights up to check if your looking at the phone or not.
    02-25-2013 07:55 AM
    I am not happy about the Home button either.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums
    Gray Area likes this.
    02-25-2013 04:35 PM
    I guess I see the point of it, keeps you informed on what's open and you can close more apps more often saving battery life and memory. You can also quick jump to a previously opened app from the screen, but theysshould at least make it an option not a requirement!
    AnnDroid likes this.
    02-25-2013 07:31 PM
    I guess I see the point of it, keeps you informed on what's open and you can close more apps more often saving battery life and memory. You can also quick jump to a previously opened app from the screen, but theysshould at least make it an option not a requirement!
    Which Lock Screen are you using? I'm using Swipe and it works the same as before 4.1.2.
    02-25-2013 08:23 PM
    I'm using the pattern security lock screen
    02-25-2013 09:12 PM

I haven't seen the problem...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Liljoe83 likes this.
    02-26-2013 07:58 AM

I haven't had the home button do that to me. Maybe it's an option. The home button for me is finally working the way it should. When I use it to wake up phone it finally doesn't go back immediately to home but puts me back in the same spot I was when I turned off screen.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-26-2013 08:52 AM
    I don't know if it's new but I don't remember this in 4.1.1 - ability to set different message tones for others, guess next time I reset my phone back to ljc I'll see

02-26-2013 10:34 AM

Same issue here.
    02-26-2013 01:09 PM
    i decided to revert back to non rooted LJC earlier because i couldn't take the battery life anymore.... (i kept the revert to stock, 0 flash count on my sd card.... for some reason had to factory reset after, but i got it working )

just got done re-rooting it since i gained access to my pc.
    03-01-2013 07:16 PM
    I don't know if it's new but I don't remember this in 4.1.1 - ability to set different message tones for others, guess next time I reset my phone back to ljc I'll see

I was right. There is no message tone chooser in 4.1.1. It is new for .2 - on each contact's screen

03-01-2013 08:09 PM
    I was right. There is no message tone chooser in 4.1.1. It is new for .2 - on each contact's screen

I assume that is for text messages, now if only the messaging app had a popup box. There would be no need for a third party app at all. I just like the instant reply... hate opening the app every time. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    03-01-2013 10:18 PM
    I assume that is for text messages, now if only the messaging app had a popup box. There would be no need for a third party app at all. I just like the instant reply... hate opening the app every time. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    Take a look at Chomp. It has a pop up and instant reply. Very nice and I had tried a number of others.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    almath likes this.
    03-01-2013 10:25 PM
    Take a look at Chomp. It has a pop up and instant reply. Very nice and I had tried a number of others.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    I use Handcent, I just think if they're trying to add options to the phones messaging app that would be a nice one.
    03-01-2013 10:30 PM
    correct. i use chomp, but i noticed this before i ditched MA7 (4.1.2) - went back to LJC because battery life sucked horribly...
    03-02-2013 08:37 PM
    correct. i use chomp, but i noticed this before i ditched MA7 (4.1.2) - went back to LJC because battery life sucked horribly...
    I am a female and I want to know can you please walk me through getting my phone back to LJC? After that update my battery life sucks so bad.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    03-03-2013 06:50 AM
    I am a female and I want to know can you please walk me through getting my phone back to LJC? After that update my battery life sucks so bad.

What does being female matter to your question?

Have you tried turning smart stay and smart rotation off? Have you tried a hard reset? I did both. Battery life is fine for me.
    calvingphotos likes this.
    03-03-2013 06:54 AM

Are you rooted? if not, you have to do that... I'll link you to two threads.

As for the smart stay and rotation, i never had them on to begin with, my battery life dropped substantially (going from 18+ hours with 6 hours+ screen on time to 8 hours with 2.5 hours screen on...)

easiest way to root: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to Stock - xda-developers
    how to revert back to LJC - [ROM][RESTORE][2-27-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset(MA7 POSTED) - xda-developers - make sure you grab the LJC files, not the MA7 ones....
    03-03-2013 09:28 AM
    Are you rooted? if not, you have to do that... I'll link you to two threads.

As for the smart stay and rotation, i never had them on to begin with, my battery life dropped substantially (going from 18+ hours with 6 hours+ screen on time to 8 hours with 2.5 hours screen on...)

easiest way to root: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 SPRINT] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, TWRP, Flash to Stock - xda-developers
    how to revert back to LJC - [ROM][RESTORE][2-27-13]Back to unrooted stock with auto flash count reset(MA7 POSTED) - xda-developers - make sure you grab the LJC files, not the MA7 ones....
    I just stated that I was a female because this rooting stuff is new to me and I have no clue. So thank you for the information but I still don't understand how to get phone back to LJC by downloading that file.

03-03-2013 10:28 PM
    Basically, you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery. Then go into that recovery, wipe your system files and flash the ljc file.

03-04-2013 08:19 AM
    Basically, you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery. Then go into that recovery, wipe your system files and flash the ljc file.

This is all foreign to me, I have never rooted my phone and wouldn't know how to do it. So if you can give me step by step instructions on how to get back to the original firmware of LJC I will be so happy.

03-07-2013 04:39 PM
    This is all foreign to me, I have never rooted my phone and wouldn't know how to do it. So if you can give me step by step instructions on how to get back to the original firmware of LJC I will be so happy.

Have you searched the forums. I'm sure there is a thread with the instructions you need.
    03-07-2013 06:49 PM
    Have you searched the forums. I'm sure there is a thread with the instructions you need.
    I did but it still don't make sense to me. I need verbal directions, I don't want to mess up my phone.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    03-07-2013 07:24 PM
    Basically, download the toolkit to your pc. Unzip the files and install the program (path ends with a .exe and Windows will tell you it's an application)

That tells you step by step exactly what to do, up to the download the revert to ljc file and flash that...

To make it even easier, in the toolkit, it'll ask if you want to check for an update, type no.

Option 42.
    Option 1. (Unplug device from computer before doing that)

It may bring you back to the first screen, which if so, option 42 again

Option 2.
    Option 4 (simplest for what you'll need)

From there, it will tell you step by step what you need to do

I find TWRP is easier to use on this phone, so I would choose option 2 after typing no from here.

I would walk you through farther, but I don't really want to flash recovery to my phone again, and it tells you step by step exactly what you need to do.

When you revert to ljc, your phone will be unrooted and back to factory default.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network
    Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    03-07-2013 08:21 PM
35 12