....and what a JOKE. Seriously, I've seen people post their LTE speeds and was hoping for the best but this is just pitiful.
    My buddy who was with me at the time did a speed test on his Galaxy S2 on a prepaid T-Mobile plan and he got results 5x better than what I got on LTE. I'm in Southern CA and the speed test was done about 20 miles outside of Los Angeles.

I've stuck with Sprint because I wanted to be grandfathered into an unlimited plan but I'm seriously debating leaving now. Wimax was a horrible mistake and their LTE doesn't seem to be any better. Granted that it's still early on and they're rolling it out but these are not legitimate LTE speeds.

I feel really bad for the people who watch Sprint's iphone commercial about not having data caps or throttled speeds and sharing photos and videos with everyone should be a right...what a joke. You can't even stream a Youtube video if this is how your LTE operates.

02-25-2013 10:24 AM
    Lmao

Sent from my Sammy Device.
    02-25-2013 10:25 AM
    If you just started picking up lte in your area that's a good start, means they are lighting it up around you. Be patient over the next few weeks it will most likely get better and better as they light up more towers. When they lit up my area it was 1 tower and it was not that strong. It got better weekly. Now my lte is screaming.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    02-25-2013 10:50 AM
    If it is just being picked up as others stated then it definitely isn't how it will be at launch. Look at people's speeds in a launched market and you will notice a drastic difference.

With you just picking it up for the first time I can easily say that the network just isn't ready yet. They were most likely just testing the connectovity of the tower and still have plenty more work to do. Also it's possible the 4g was a weak signal.. I can get 4g in my friends apartment and it's slow since he is right on the tip of the signal but if I go somewhere that I know 4g is at heavily... Well its better (see below) but I'm in the same boat as you... They have to launch the market before you test the true speeds.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails FINALLY Picked up LTE.....-uploadfromtaptalk1361826387328.jpg  
    02-25-2013 03:06 PM
    If it is just being picked up as others stated then it definitely isn't how it will be at launch. Look at people's speeds in a launched market and you will notice a drastic difference.

With you just picking it up for the first time I can easily say that the network just isn't ready yet. They were most likely just testing the connectovity of the tower and still have plenty more work to do. Also it's possible the 4g was a weak signal.. I can get 4g in my friends apartment and it's slow since he is right on the tip of the signal but if I go somewhere that I know 4g is at heavily... Well its better (see below) but I'm in the same boat as you... They have to launch the market before you test the true speeds.

THose are the speeds that I'm hoping for...I've been with Sprint for a long time (first phone was the Palm Treo) and when I got the original EVO I was excited for wimax. I NEVER got to use it because the deployment was so inconsistent. I reupped when my contract was up since everyone is going towards shared data and data caps, so I'll hold out hope.
    02-25-2013 03:29 PM
    I just picked up lte for first time and I can't wait till it comes to my town. I got this the first test then 9mbps inside a building.

FINALLY Picked up LTE.....-uploadfromtaptalk1361828623477.jpg

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-25-2013 03:44 PM
    This is what you have to look forward to with a little patients.

Attached Thumbnails FINALLY Picked up LTE.....-uploadfromtaptalk1361831719754.jpg  
    02-25-2013 04:35 PM
    Lol. "In the coming months" I can barely send fkn email attachments

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    seoulbrova likes this.
    02-25-2013 05:11 PM
    Just be patient. I too feel your pain
    02-25-2013 07:58 PM

That's been happening to me for last year or 2. Last week I was ready to ditch Sprint for tmo and pay the 350 cancellation fee. But last few days my 3g has been speedier. Plus I finally got to use lte and I have to admit, it was pretty sweet. It makes this phone even better which I didn't think was possible. I will give Sprint a little longer since it looks like their network vision updates are finally hitting my area.

zmann likes this.
    02-26-2013 06:43 AM
    With lte coming in, it's picking people off the 3g spectrum... guess what that does too!

It was slow here during initial tests, but I see on average 25-30mbps now and over 3mbps on 3g

02-26-2013 07:56 AM

THIS.

I was driving home yesterday and the freeway was absolutely stopped. I tried to look up what was going on and LITERALLY 15 minutes of refreshing and I could not get any info. This was with an apparently solid 3G connection according to the signal strength on my phone.

I sent a text to my friend who was also driving on the freeway, but on the opposite side. In less than a minute he told me why we were stopped.

Oh..and he recently got the Note 2 on Verizon after leaving his unlimited plan on Sprint. He only gets 2GB data unless he wants to pay more but in instances like yesterday, it's totally worth it.
    02-26-2013 10:18 AM
    THIS.

I was driving home yesterday and the freeway was absolutely stopped. I tried to look up what was going on and LITERALLY 15 minutes of refreshing and I could not get any info. This was with an apparently solid 3G connection according to the signal strength on my phone.

I sent a text to my friend who was also driving on the freeway, but on the opposite side. In less than a minute he told me why we were stopped.

Oh..and he recently got the Note 2 on Verizon after leaving his unlimited plan on Sprint. He only gets 2GB data unless he wants to pay more but in instances like yesterday, it's totally worth it.
    Just remember that just because you have a 3g connection with full bars doesn't mean your data will be fast. You could only have 1 bar and could have a really fast connection. Data is data. The speed depends on congestion and the capacity of the tower your on. That's why the network vision is so important, it help ease congestion and make each tower more efficient at handling data.

02-26-2013 10:42 AM
    I have a 3G at home, my gym which is literally less than a mile away has a 4G connection (which isn't really fast at all). I don't know if there is some sort of test tower up or what, but I'm hoping my area where I live is NOT left out of the coverage map otherwise I'm paying the cancellation fee.
    02-26-2013 11:07 AM
    I have a 3G at home, my gym which is literally less than a mile away has a 4G connection (which isn't really fast at all). I don't know if there is some sort of test tower up or what, but I'm hoping my area where I live is NOT left out of the coverage map otherwise I'm paying the cancellation fee.
    Depends where you live. If your city hasn't been announced then you can't expect LTE coverage everywhere...

02-26-2013 08:25 PM
    There has been lte popping up many places, May not be fast but it's lte. Saint Mary's, Georgia, it popped up, and 6mbps lte is much better than the .23 3g I was seeing...

02-26-2013 08:46 PM
    I have great LTE speeds where I am. Can't complain.

04-09-2013 04:23 PM
    For me sprint lte has been very funny I've had it since September and it has been a roller coaster. When they were testing it I saw no more than 4mbs but after it launched that jumped up to 15-20 down with full signal. But I've also found as you get away from a tower the speeds decrease rapidly. I'm just happy their launching lte now we're I'm moving next month it would have sucked to go back to 3g
    04-09-2013 07:56 PM
    For me sprint lte has been very funny I've had it since September and it has been a roller coaster. When they were testing it I saw no more than 4mbs but after it launched that jumped up to 15-20 down with full signal. But I've also found as you get away from a tower the speeds decrease rapidly. I'm just happy their launching lte now we're I'm moving next month it would have sucked to go back to 3g
    The same thing happens with Verizon lte. The further from an lte tower the slower the speed. But with more towers going up and lte being switched on that will improve. I just tested Sprint lte with Verizon lte in a building and it was about the same. Sprint was around 4mbps and Verizon was closer to 5. Yes, Verizon has way more coverage but by end of year if Sprint does what they promised they will be in a really good position and will keep me from jumping to tmobile.

04-09-2013 09:37 PM
    Well for now I'm content with sprint I have lte everywhere I go minus one location and from what I heard they will be working on lte their soon. My mother in law has an iPhone 5 on attending and the lte speeds are comparable were I have tested
    04-09-2013 10:38 PM
    When my area first came online it was weak and could not get it indoors. It got better and better every week and now I have very strong lte anywhere indoors.. Once you pick it up for the first time it's only being tested and will steadily get better and better. Patients.

04-10-2013 08:42 AM
    When my area first came online it was weak and could not get it indoors. It got better and better every week and now I have very strong lte anywhere indoors.. Once you pick it up for the first time it's only being tested and will steadily get better and better. Patients.

Exactly. Lte in my area was just turned off but 3g has improved. Haven't had any "network unavailable" messages. I think they are in final phases before they flip switch on permanently on lte. Before this week I couldn't even do the svoice because data was slow or non existent. Right now Sprint is doing good and keeping me from jumping ship.

04-11-2013 07:03 AM
    I was driving a few weeks back an stuck in traffic near my house and just happened to look at my phone and seen a 4g signal. I ran a quick speed test and it was mediocre at best but it goes back to 3g as I get to the corner where i live. That said tho, the speed tests have gotten better over the last few weeks and theres certain places in philly where the signal is great so im happy with it.
    04-11-2013 07:57 AM
    I am in Boston market and some areas including mine came on last August I beleive. The market still has not been officially launched,, takes time.

04-11-2013 08:41 AM