Google wallet no longer working on note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just tried uninstall and reinstall, still a no go. I just hope I can still use it like I was.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok well throughout this thread I've been saying that mine is still working,,, well they got to me today. Mine is no longer working and I am pissed.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm not able to get into GW, but I was able to use it still to pay for stuff at Sports Authority.

That's what happened to me. Don't uninstall or you'll lose that ability too. I got mine to work using the xposed framework option. I posted it in the other Google wallet thread. Here's link to possible solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37980641

Got mine working with this.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it does

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

I've checked and read that it didn't require root but I checked and its on my superuser app. That sucks. I wish it didn't require root so more people could it working. Sorry

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It requires root to install but not run. It's a possibility. I installed the xposed module and it works fine :)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
One thing i have noticed after using frameworks procedure that may be good for most is that now at gas stations I have to enter pin code every time I use it so instead of it being a 1 pass procedure it's now 2.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Noticed it while setting it up... asked me for the pin twice

Yep, after I did the frameworks solution it's been doing same thing. But for me it only asks pin once but asks me to pass over nfcv receiver 2 times.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, after I did the frameworks solution it's been doing same thing. But for me it only asks pin once but asks me to pass over nfcv receiver 2 times.

Worked just as it used to for me this morning. Open phone, open wallet, put pin in, pass over nfc

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Chris,Thanks for your email. I understand that you are unable to use Google Wallet.There was a bug related to how the Wallet app showed up in Google Play and some Galaxy Note II users were able to download the app.*If you are referring to not being able to download the Google Wallet mobile app,*I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.*Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not an eligible device for the Google Wallet mobile app.*We strongly discourage gaining system-level "root" access to your phone if you plan to use Google Wallet as*the security layers of your device may be limited.*You may check the link below, from time to time, to keep you updated on the list of devices Google Wallet is currently available.http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next them.*If you have other questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.Thanks,*GraceThe Google Wallet Team

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello Chris,Thanks for your email. I understand that you are unable to use Google Wallet.There was a bug related to how the Wallet app showed up in Google Play and some Galaxy Note II users were able to download the app.*If you are referring to not being able to download the Google Wallet mobile app,*I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.*Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is not an eligible device for the Google Wallet mobile app.*We strongly discourage gaining system-level "root" access to your phone if you plan to use Google Wallet as*the security layers of your device may be limited.*You may check the link below, from time to time, to keep you updated on the list of devices Google Wallet is currently available.http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347934The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next them.*If you have other questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.Thanks,*GraceThe Google Wallet Team

I wish I could respond to Google and say "screw you".

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I would just reply with "so when is it going to work since the phone is fully capable to work with wallet..."