Data roaming and signal fluctuations

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So here's the notification I keep getting..

uploadfromtaptalk1364977280051.jpg

It has happened at random times and even when I'm on wifi.

The signal will randomly fluctuate and then go roaming and I get that notice.

I have no idea how this happens.... It's a non rooted and up to the most current ota's

Sent from the phablet king

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I get the same message and just like you even on wifi. I hope someone has an idea why its happening.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is network vision going on in your area? I had this happen when they started here.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Is network vision going on in your area? I had this happen when they started here.

No because it's happening at my house which shows no improvements planned at all.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine has had intermittent 4g pop up but it's spotty as ****. This happened at my house which is nowhere near the 4g spots I know about though so I'm not sure. I do notice that when this happens in my pocket at work on occasion my battery is basically pouring out power and by the end of my shift it's dead sometimes and that's only 8 hours.

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
More that likely Sprint is working on towers in your area. Thats exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago, it keep popping up data roaming where I normaly got decent signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No because it's happening at my house which shows no improvements planned at all.

No improvements planned? Where are you looking for this information? If it's the sprint coverage tool don't trust that.. Jacksonville (where I live) has LTE all over.. Still spotty since it isn't everywhere but it's in alot more place yet Sprint's map shows absolutely nothing.

Mine has had intermittent 4g pop up but it's spotty as ****. This happened at my house which is nowhere near the 4g spots I know about though so I'm not sure. I do notice that when this happens in my pocket at work on occasion my battery is basically pouring out power and by the end of my shift it's dead sometimes and that's only 8 hours.

Well if your market hasn't been launched yet then spotty is all you can expect (if any coverage) for LTE. When it started for me only one section of Jacksonville had it and now it's all over in patches.. Looks like a rash on sensorly.com lol.

But yeah NV is going on in your area if you have seen 4g before so this definitely could be the cause. I have LTE in a good amount of places where I live just not at work yet but I know they are working on the tower at my work and this morning (while on company wifi) I saw the data roaming warning.. So This is probably why your seeing it more and more. I just wouldn't worry to much about it for now :).

As for others.. NV might not be going on in your area but you still see this... It could just be a network hiccup or something.. Who knows because we all know Sprint isn't perfect but I can say if NV is going on this is most likely the cause since they are messing with the hardware on the towers.

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thanks man I was kinda assuming this upgrading was to be the culprit. Hopefully this hiccup means incoming improvements

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
No improvements planned? Where are you looking for this information? If it's the sprint coverage tool don't trust that.. Jacksonville (where I live) has LTE all over.. Still spotty since it isn't everywhere but it's in alot more place yet Sprint's map shows absolutely nothing.

Well if your market hasn't been launched yet then spotty is all you can expect (if any coverage) for LTE. When it started for me only one section of Jacksonville had it and now it's all over in patches.. Looks like a rash on sensorly.com lol.

But yeah NV is going on in your area if you have seen 4g before so this definitely could be the cause. I have LTE in a good amount of places where I live just not at work yet but I know they are working on the tower at my work and this morning (while on company wifi) I saw the data roaming warning.. So This is probably why your seeing it more and more. I just wouldn't worry to much about it for now :).

As for others.. NV might not be going on in your area but you still see this... It could just be a network hiccup or something.. Who knows because we all know Sprint isn't perfect but I can say if NV is going on this is most likely the cause since they are messing with the hardware on the towers.

I'm just outside of Gainesville which according to Sprint is not on the list for lte or network vision, also sensorly shows it as a non lte area.

Sdn2995

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same message and then I began to notice I was getting 4g in places I wasn't before. I also recieved a message from sprint about problems they were having in the area (Houston). I believe that was secondary though since there was no service during some of that time. I do believe though that it is in response to network upgrades

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz