So I live in Portland Oregon, and recently all of my friends with 4g lte sprint phones have been receiving lte. I havent yet seen my 4g come on. I didnt think much of this as coverage hasnt officially been rolled out here yet. Then my brother who also has a note 2 came over to my house, sat on my couch and was and to get full 4g speeds. So I called sprint, who unfortunately had no explanation. Told me he is just "getting lucky." the only difference between his and my phone is where we purchased them. Mine was a third party retailer, his was online from sprint. Has anyone else has thos issue? Any ideas? Just a tad bit frustrated as I am payong 20 extra a month to receive a 4g signal and im not.
    04-20-2013 12:11 AM
    So I live in Portland Oregon, and recently all of my friends with 4g lte sprint phones have been receiving lte. I havent yet seen my 4g come on. I didnt think much of this as coverage hasnt officially been rolled out here yet. Then my brother who also has a note 2 came over to my house, sat on my couch and was and to get full 4g speeds. So I called sprint, who unfortunately had no explanation. Told me he is just "getting lucky." the only difference between his and my phone is where we purchased them. Mine was a third party retailer, his was online from sprint. Has anyone else has thos issue? Any ideas? Just a tad bit frustrated as I am payong 20 extra a month to receive a 4g signal and im not.
    You should get it soon. If your brother is also on Sprint and was getting 4G, then what is happening is Sprint is testing their towers. I don't know why he was able to get a signal and you weren't but within a few weeks or months You will get the signal too.
    04-20-2013 12:20 AM
    Is your 4G radio turned on? You have to go to mobile setting and enable LTE/CDMA.
    04-22-2013 01:28 PM
    I made sure that the lte was enabled. It just perplexes me because i have now seen approximately 5 devices receive a 4g signal and I still get nothing. I just have this sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with the purchase at a third pay retailer.
    04-22-2013 11:13 PM