Will New Update Break Root??

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
i just rooted my phone and im worried that if i install the new update that it will unroot it. has any rooted user installed the new update?? people say that it probably will but no one has actually done it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i just rooted my phone and im worried that if i install the new update that it will unroot it. has any rooted user installed the new update?? people say that it probably will but no one has actually done it.
I wouldnt bother doing it but if you really want to try it you could use Voodoo Root keeper , update then restore root. I have not actually tried it but i have heard it works. But again i dont think the update is worth doing until we jump to keylime pie. But thats just my opinion

7starmarc

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I applied the update and did not lose root. Also, it applied without issue, even though I have not reset any counters.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
i really don't care about this update either but it keeps poping up in the middle of the screen letting me know that it's there.it's really irritating

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i really don't care about this update either but it keeps poping up in the middle of the screen letting me know that it's there.it's really irritating

You can use titanium backup and freeze fwugrade keychain and SDM. Then you won't have the popups anymore

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I applied the update and did not lose root. Also, it applied without issue, even though I have not reset any counters.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I keep trying with no success. Even tried using .zip update using stock recovery. Keep getting error and it just reboots. Don't know what's going on. I may just unroot, update then root again.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here have twrp? Install it. No worries. It'll stop annoying you and won't really install.

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just found out all I updated was the modem. Will be flashing a rooted stock rom since even after unroot and stock recovery the official update nor the zip ota work.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000