This phone doesn't have gorilla glass or anything special does it? I've got an irritating scratch center screen and no idea how it got there.

It's almost invisible when the display is on and the screen is anything but black. But.... It's still there...

Sent from the phablet king
    05-01-2013 04:49 PM
    This phone has gorilla Glass 2. That is a fact. All gorilla Glass is not scratch proof,, it is scratch resistant,, big difference. All it takes is a piece of sand to scratch your screen. I always find it amusing when people refuse to use screen protectors because they think gorilla Glass is scratch proof. It is not.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    05-01-2013 07:14 PM
    Oh trust me I'm not that ignorant. Just wanted to confirm or deny I heard about this phone. I still can't figure out what would have caused this scratch. It's not totally noticeable to most people but I see those annoying minute things. Wondering if a screen protector (should have already had one) could hide this.

zmann likes this.
    05-01-2013 09:48 PM
    I know zagg invisible shield hid a scratch on one of my phones. Having a piece of dirt on your finger while swiping to unlock will cause it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    05-01-2013 09:52 PM
    Hmmm that's the one that was recommended by a coworker. Might do that. And if it's dirt then that makes sense. I work at a home improvement store and get my hands dirty every day. The mark is right along the line for my pattern lock

05-01-2013 10:16 PM
    Many if not all of the wet apply screen protectors should make it disappear. Only you'll know its there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    05-01-2013 10:25 PM
    ... I'll know... XD

05-01-2013 10:50 PM
    Anyone know if protectors affect s pen usage or even basic usage? My sisters iPhone has a nice keyboard lag due to hers.... I can't stand it at all.

05-03-2013 09:51 PM
    I noticed only a stylus issue on my note 2 but thats because the protectors is kinda soft and the point sinks in. If u got something different than the zagg or armor shield id say it wouldnt affect it.

05-03-2013 10:11 PM
    I don't typically use the pen so it's not a major concern. I was more worried about the general usage. Any recommended brands? Not looking for cheap either. I don't mind spending a few bucks.

05-03-2013 10:22 PM
    I have used all different kinds of screen protectors. My favorite is the armor shield that u can get from amazon. Basically the same thing as the zagg brand but half the cost and a lifetime warranty. I do not prefer the anti glare because they usually have to much anti glare to it and it makes it hard to read if u dont have a bright screen.

05-04-2013 09:14 AM
    Beautiful. Thanks for the help man.

05-04-2013 10:03 AM
    I have had my tempered glass screen protector on for a few months now and it still looks like it did day one. There is no better screen protector then tempered glass.

05-04-2013 07:50 PM
    This phone definitely doesn't have gorilla glass btw. It's amoled (which is clearly tated on Samsungs website) Amoled displays are a type of OLED display. OLED technology is a layer of organic material (carbon based) sandwiched between two conducting sheets (an anode and a cathode), which in turn are sandwiched between a glass top plate (seal) and a glass bottom plate (substrate). When electric pulse is applied the two conducting sheets, electro-luminescent light is produced directly from the organic material sandwiched between. Gorilla glass is just a special alkali-aluminosilicate glass shield.
    06-04-2013 09:03 AM
    Note 2 has gorilla Glass 2.

06-04-2013 10:58 AM
    Sorry, but Note 2 does not have Gorilla Glass 2.

GSMarena does not have it listed in the display section. The corning gorilla glass website does not have it listed as a Samsung device with Gorilla Glass.

Not that Wikipedia is a completely reliable source but Galaxy Note is listed here but not Galaxy Note 2.

List of devices with Gorilla Glass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-07-2013 11:33 AM