I am not rooted and still can't receive any updates, I am a female and I need your help.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-08-2013 03:53 PM
    There used to be the old "delete google framework" method, but honestly, I think whenever that "worked" it was just luck.
    Have you tried taking it to a Sprint store to see if they can help you? I am guessing they might try a factory reset, so be ready to back all your stuff up and be prepared to reinstall all your stuff again.

The other option would be to do a search on the forum or at XDA to find the actual files for the updates and install them manually with the help of a micro sd card. If you look for qbking77 on youtube, you will find lots of videos of him updating phones manually.

Good luck!
    05-08-2013 06:40 PM
    There used to be the old "delete google framework" method, but honestly, I think whenever that "worked" it was just luck.
    Have you tried taking it to a Sprint store to see if they can help you? I am guessing they might try a factory reset, so be ready to back all your stuff up and be prepared to reinstall all your stuff again.

The other option would be to do a search on the forum or at XDA to find the actual files for the updates and install them manually with the help of a micro sd card. If you look for qbking77 on youtube, you will find lots of videos of him updating phones manually.

Good luck!
    Thank you for the information and he was the one that I used my last update from and now can't get any ota updates by doing a manual update. And I have been responding to him but he never responds back. I will have to take to Sprint tomorrow. Do you have the latest Sprint update ?

05-08-2013 09:19 PM
    Thank you for the information and he was the one that I used my last update from and now can't get any ota updates by doing a manual update. And I have been responding to him but he never responds back. I will have to take to Sprint tomorrow. Do you have the latest Sprint update ?

Guessing that is your problem right there. I would stick to original updates only.
    05-09-2013 06:17 AM
    Guessing that is your problem right there. I would stick to original updates only.
    I know, so what do I do now?

05-09-2013 07:34 AM
    I know, so what do I do now?

Go to a sprint store and have them update you
    05-09-2013 07:59 AM
    Are you able to download apps or anything over mobile 3 or 4G data?

05-09-2013 12:16 PM

I did on of the manual ones and still received this one without doing anything, it just showed up one day.

Looks like the sprint store is the best bet for you, just make sure it's a corporate store.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    05-09-2013 03:28 PM
    I did on of the manual ones and still received this one without doing anything, it just showed up one day.

Looks like the sprint store is the best bet for you, just make sure it's a corporate store.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Thank you for the advice. I did take to the sprint store and they did the update there

05-09-2013 05:49 PM
    Go to a sprint store and have them update you
    Thank you for the advice and I did go to the sprint store and they did update my phone.

05-09-2013 05:50 PM
    Are you able to download apps or anything over mobile 3 or 4G data?

Yes I am. Well I took the phone to the sprint store and they did update my phone.

05-09-2013 05:51 PM
    Mine is now doing this as well. Prompting for an update every week and as soon as I hit install now it starts and then seems to interrupt itself and just reboot. Like the update just isn't completing and it gives up. I'm on MA7 4.1.2 right now. Solution?

Sent from the phablet king
    05-22-2013 04:46 PM