Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    kilen71 likes this.
    05-15-2013 10:12 PM
    Still not working for me. The app won't even open now. Get an error instead

Posted via Android Central App
    05-15-2013 10:29 PM
    Still not working for me. The app won't even open now. Get an error instead

Uninstall and reinstall. If your rooted and edited anything, put it back how it was. I disabled my root patch that made mine work and it works without it. Wohooo! Finally.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    05-15-2013 10:37 PM
    Yippie!!! This made my day!!!
    05-15-2013 10:38 PM
    I'm stock. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling still says failed to setup device for wallet purchases. Can't add cards or anything beyond that screen.

05-15-2013 11:03 PM
    WOW!! Thanks guys! I always got the "your device is not supported" message, but now it works! Awesome!!!
    05-15-2013 11:05 PM
    I'm stock. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling still says failed to setup device for wallet purchases. Can't add cards or anything beyond that screen.

I recommend clearing app data and cache. If that doesn't work remove this phone from the website and enter it from beginning again.

05-16-2013 06:38 AM
    Isn't working for me. Have done everything short of call Google

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    05-16-2013 07:42 AM
    I'm not all that familiar with Wallet and NFC payment usage. Where can you use it and what do I look for at businesses that do use it.
    05-16-2013 11:05 AM
    I'm just gonna give up. I think it has something to do with my Google account. I reset wallet app and disabled the device so many times now it's not even funny. I had wallet running fine at one point in time before we had the last update, then one day I opened the app and it said device is not supported and that's when I reset wallet/disabled device and everything went down hill after that.

05-16-2013 11:13 AM
    I'm not all that familiar with Wallet and NFC payment usage. Where can you use it and what do I look for at businesses that do use it.
    Any business or service that allows you to swipe your credit card and that has a flat pad above its keypad will work with Wallet. You just tap the back of your phone on the pad. It may ask you to enter your password on the keypad, but that's rare.

The Wallet setup will also show you how it's done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2013 11:14 AM
    I'm just gonna give up. I think it has something to do with my Google account. I reset wallet app and disabled the device so many times now it's not even funny. I had wallet running fine at one point in time before we had the last update, then one day I opened the app and it said device is not supported and that's when I reset wallet/disabled device and everything went down hill after that.

Keep trying... I have been trying all morning and finally hit try again, walked away, came back and had a notification wallet was ready for use. I did email Google as well...

05-16-2013 12:54 PM
    Yes finally works!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    zmann likes this.
    05-16-2013 01:12 PM
    I went to website,, verified my account. Used wallet for a year without doing this, in any case I also cleared my device from list and then uninstall app. I reinstalled app and it still did not work. I hit screen to try again and as it was spinning I had to shut screen off because boss was coming. 2 hours later I checked screen and it said wallet was ready and my card was there . All set

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    05-16-2013 03:24 PM
    Mine is working again. It updated today and its working! Its gone back and forth a couple of times. Hopefully it stays working this time.
    zmann likes this.
    05-16-2013 04:34 PM
    Finally! For those who are not rooted and are still having problems getting wallet to set up for purchases, you must go to wallet website and go to payment method, settings on the top right corner and then verify your account/identity. Once I did that wallet was able to set up my cards. Thanks Zmann for pointing that out.

zmann likes this.
    05-16-2013 09:21 PM
    I'm rooted and thankfully have not had to do that step...

05-16-2013 11:22 PM
    Never used it before, took forever to download last night but once it did, I was able to set it up easily through my gmail account. Have two cards on it for payment and I just need to find a place to use it!
    05-17-2013 05:52 AM
    I recommend clearing app data and cache. If that doesn't work remove this phone from the website and enter it from beginning again.

Clearing the data did it for me. Thanks.

05-18-2013 01:39 AM
    Just set mines up!!!
    05-18-2013 06:18 PM