I always wanted to know why the pictures that show up when a contact calls are always blurry? Even if the picture is one from a linked g+ or facebook account, they are always blurry. That bothers me for some reason.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-19-2013 01:20 PM
    Any picture that came from a social media account are being stretched from their tiny size to the size you see on the screen and as a result land up looking blurry. To get good looking contact pictures you either have to take a picture of that person with your phone, or have a high quality picture of that person and apply it then. No doubt the easiest way is to just take one.
    05-19-2013 07:53 PM
    Never thought of it that an it makes sense. I'll see how that goes. Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App
    05-20-2013 09:46 AM
    Additionally, the picture is also stretched from being synced through gmail. When you first set your device allow it to sync and then uncheck sync contacts. You then go back into your contacts and re-add the contact pics.

This does sound like a tedious project but you will always have crystal clear images of your contacts when they call.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
    05-20-2013 10:00 AM
    I don't know if this is a fix or not, but when I go into my people's app, I just click on the picture and wait five seconds and it usually adjusts the resolution of the picture. I can't remember how I came across this but it seems to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-30-2013 04:52 AM
    Most of my contact photos were chosen from photos on my computer, and then transferred to a "contacts" folder in the micro SD card in my GN2 (since I decided to keep media on the micro SD card).

Some time back I had an issue with my phone and decided to do a factory reset, then a restore using My Backup Pro. The restore files were stored on a separate micro SD card, which I inserted for the restore. Even after I re-inserted my usual micro SD card, all my contact photos were fuzzy. I concluded that since the folder of the actual contact pics was not available at the time of the reset and restore, the phone must have pulled thumbnails of the photos that it had stored in some other folder, and it never linked up with the originals when I reinserted that micro SD card. So I moved my folder of contact photos from the micro SD card to the phone's internal memory (to hopefully prevent this from happening again), and then manually changed my contacts to point to those photos. They are all nice and sharp again, and I hope will stay that way, even if I ever do another factory reset. I still keep all other media on the micro SD card.
    07-01-2013 03:09 PM