I've been trying to come up with a spare charger for my Note 2 but it seems that the cable that came with the phone has something unique about it that allows the phone to fast charge. I don't mean the actual wall plug but just the cable because if I plug my Note 2 into the wall charger that came with the phone with any other generic cable or even the cable from my Galaxy Nexus then the phone will charge super slow. If I use the cable that came with the Note 2 and plug it into a generic 2amp wall charger then the phone will fast charge. Anyone know what the deal is? I've ordered a few random micro usb cables hoping to get a fast charge with them but I haven't had any luck.

Reading other threads it seems people are concentrating on the wall plug itself as the suspect in slow charging but my experience has only been with the cable between the phone and wall plug.

OEM 2amp Wall Plug + OEM Cable = Fast Charge
    Generic 2amp Wall Plug + OEM Cable = Fast Charge
    OEM 2amp Wall Plug + Generic Cable = Slow Charge
    Generic 2amp Wall Plug + Generic Cable = Slow Charge

Anyone have cable suggestions that worked for fast charging because I would really like a spare wall charger to keep in my trunk.
    05-25-2013 02:50 PM
    Rocketfish has a cable that will charge the Note 2. It is the only other cable I've found that will work. I got it at Best Buy.
    05-26-2013 07:36 AM
    I've been using two of these mediabridge cables from amazon for a few weeks now with no issues. I get a very fast charge at work with one of these cables in the charge block/wall plug that came with the phone. I use the other one in the car with a mediabridge 2.1 amp car charger.
    05-29-2013 01:55 PM
    Could be the cable is rated for 2+ amps. Other cables may not be rated that high.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    05-29-2013 03:28 PM
    I've been using two of these mediabridge cables from amazon for a few weeks now with no issues. I get a very fast charge at work with one of these cables in the charge block/wall plug that came with the phone. I use the other one in the car with a mediabridge 2.1 amp car charger.
    Is that the one with the gray in the plugs? Have link to it?
    06-01-2013 03:38 PM
    Is that the one with the gray in the plugs? Have link to it?
    Yep, here it is. Thing is awesome, use it on the weekends when traveling for my N2 and the wife uses the other port for her iphone and it will charge both at the same time.

Amazon.com: Mediabridge High Output Dual USB Car Charger For Samsung S3, Galaxy Tab, Nexus (3.1 Amp): Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-04-2013 08:22 AM