I posted this on Sprint.com fourms and seems like there are a few people w similar problems througout the country...

I wonder if it is a handset issue or Sprint issue or Sprint Note 2 issue?
    I am in Chicago, Pilsen and Logan Square neighborhoods.

-. for a month now, text messages are not coming in / out... phone calls not coming / out. Coworker has Sprint HTC Evo, no prob w her texts and calls right inside the middle of a two story building. For the past month, I have to reset the phone a few times EVERY DAY, and often I have to send myself test text messages and test calls from my office landline, and if there is an issue, i reset it, and it works for a few hours or so... then I realize I have not been getting texts for the past few hours and then I remember to reset the handset. I have to do this a few times a day.

-. yesterday Saturday, we were in a major downtown hotel for an event, in an inside ballroom on the 4th floor, my wife has identical Note 2, she could text and surf the web without any problem, and I have no signal... I see people merrily texting and making calls on their ATT and Verizon handsets... Wife and I checked out SETTINGS for data / roaming and 3g, and we both had identical settings... I reset phone, intermittent brief periods of 3G signals, and intermittently text coming out.
    extremely annoying specially when you are coordinating w two other friends for dinner plans and you are stuck at a place, NOT being able to communicate, and friends getting annoyed, waiting.

Is this a handset problem or a Sprint Network problem?
    05-26-2013 11:57 AM
    Try updating your profile and PRL settings.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-26-2013 12:47 PM
    Most likely network problem. Sprint is STILL terrible.

Sent from my SGNote 2!
    05-26-2013 12:51 PM
    yes, that PRL was reset, and I even did the ##72786# reset.
    still daily annoyance of not able to receive text nor calls unless I reset the phone.
    so it is a network problem w Sprint _plus_ Note 2?
    05-26-2013 02:11 PM
    Posted in your other thread but call Sprint, explain the situation, they should reactivate your device

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    05-26-2013 02:27 PM